CFL 2012

Nook

The Ticats need to bring this back.

iTqOp.png

Sadly, copyright issues prevent them from using the logo any more.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't believe someone thought that was a good idea. Same goes for Montréal's BFBS.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why can't the Riders just use those full time. So SIMPLE! Ugh

Agreed. I was hoping they'd go with the classic jerseys full time with the change this year.

As was I. The retros are one of my favorite sets in all of football.

While I'm thinking of it, Winnipeg should dig up thier old retros as well because this:

51d5a9d544c1af7611571d0e8a1e.jpg?w=618&h=408&crop=1

is downright beautiful and needs to be seen every season.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Agreed. I was hoping they'd go with the classic jerseys full time with the change this year.

While I'm thinking of it, Winnipeg should dig up thier old retros as well because this:

Each team had final say with their jerseys. BC and Montreal proved that by staying (mostly) the same. Blame Saskatchewan management.

I really thought Sask would switch to the retro's, they have ONLY worn the white and green retro's in their recent playoff history. I am even going to take a shot in the dark, and say they wear white retro's next week with that leaked white retro helmet.

Today we saw one of the worst uni matchups in history (Edm vs. Cgy) and one of the best (Tor vs. Ham). :shocked:

Two great games though!

Great games, yes.

I never like the Stamps RBK alts--but at least they wore red pants and not black--I'll give them some credit for that.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I agree for the most part (those Bombers unis were great) but as I've already complained, the busted and missing stripes on the Riders look like crap. However I forgot to mention that the pants stripes bother me too as there should be no black in them. They are just the old regular pants the Riders used (up to last year) after they dropped the silver pants. They also need nice big rounded numbers on the back of the helmets like the originals had...

So, they just come across to me as a big inaccurate mish-mash. With all their flaws I don't see them as any great improvement on the current regular Rider uniforms. It's such a shame these days that "kinda close" in a retro is often considered good enough.

Also: Thanks a lot whoever mentioned the mismatched golds in the Winnipeg uniform! Now that's all I see when I look at them! lol

idk if this was discussed earlier but is there any reasoning as to why the CFL jerseys use the Reebok wordmark and not the Reebok logo like the NFL jerseys?

Is that what they are switching to such that if the NFL kept Reebok they would have to have used the wordmark too?

idk if this was discussed earlier but is there any reasoning as to why the CFL jerseys use the Reebok wordmark and not the Reebok logo like the NFL jerseys?

Is that what they are switching to such that if the NFL kept Reebok they would have to have used the wordmark too?

Yes. The Reebok wordmark IS the new Reebok logo.

Wacky, over-the-top styles were cool back in 2001 for the XFL. The Eskimos deserve better.

If you take a look back at the actual XFL uniform designs, you might be surprised at how straightforward and clean most of them were.

Except for Memphis, which just... eeeeesh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

crop_18917971404.jpg

The simple removal of those god awful side panels would make the jersey a number of times better than they are now.

Wacky, over-the-top styles were cool back in 2001 for the XFL. The Eskimos deserve better.

Yeah the panels are crap, but I wonder if that jersey as is would look any better with gold helmet/pants which is what they should be in, any ways.

crop_18917971404.jpg

The simple removal of those god awful side panels would make the jersey a number of times better than they are now.

Yeah the panels are crap, but I wonder if that jersey as is would look any better with gold helmet/pants which is what they should be in, any ways.

crop_18951195458.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived