CFL 2012

Nook

montreal_alouettes_2010_grey_cup_champions.jpg

I'd really like the Als to go with this full time.

I would keep the white pants and drop the silver pants that they currently have. At least when Reebok did the first league-wide change, Montreal was the only team to basically screw Reebok and not use a template that other teams used. I hope all 8 teams will do the same and have different templates.

Agreed. But if the Als keep their current set, I like to see them bring back those white helmets they sported last year, and use them as their road helmets, like Calgary is doing this year with their black helmets.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one have little faith in Reebok's re-designs so I'm not looking forward to this (if it's true).

But if I had to point out what is IMHO the worst design in the league it would have to be Montreal. Such a cut and paste nightmare... and to think they have such great uniforms in their past, such as these beauties:

I never understood the love for Montreal's current set either. To me, it's like they just sewed strips of blue, red and, white cloth together.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Argos: Bring back Jason!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I, for one have little faith in Reebok's re-designs so I'm not looking forward to this (if it's true).

But if I had to point out what is IMHO the worst design in the league it would have to be Montreal. Such a cut and paste nightmare... and to think they have such great uniforms in their past, such as these beauties:

Pringle.Mike8.jpg

...as well as their gorgeous 60's and 70's throwbacks.

Patrick2757.jpg

if the redesign is branded as reebok and not adidas will that make reebok football a brand exclusive to canada?..they have zero college presence and I can't see them hanging in the nfl with only cleats and gloves that are already 4th in share behind nike, adid, and ua.

Pringle.Mike8.jpg

...as well as their gorgeous 60's and 70's throwbacks.

Patrick2757.jpg

if the redesign is branded as reebok and not adidas will that make reebok football a brand exclusive to canada?..they have zero college presence and I can't see them hanging in the nfl with only cleats and gloves that are already 4th in share behind nike, adid, and ua.

Lots of fan wants the 70's look back. For some reason, seems that the management is not listening..

I'd really like the Als to go with this full time.

I would keep the white pants and drop the silver pants that they currently have. At least when Reebok did the first league-wide change, Montreal was the only team to basically screw Reebok and not use a template that other teams used. I hope all 8 teams will do the same and have different templates.

I wouldn't mind the Riders to mix a bit of old with a bit of new. There's something about the retro S logo that I don't like, either.

Argos: Bring back Jason!

AMEN! Jason in classic double blue would rock! For a mockup of this, checkout the thread "when Nike takes over the CFL"...a few concepts I worked up.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I hope the Argonauts go with this design:

275px-CFL_TOR_Jersey_2009.png

Toronto is oh so close to having a standout set. My ideal Argos set would be this:

- For one, the chest piping needs to go. Leave the shoulder stripes, but ditch any trace of piping on the jersey.

- Second (and they could already be doing this, forgive me as I haven't followed as much CFL as I'd have liked to this year), wear the white pants with the navy jersey and the white jersey with the navy pants.

- And I like both the "A" shield and Jason logos, so either on the helmet would top it off for me. Also, a white helmet option of the shield logo would be awesome, especially for a stormtrooper or a special white-white-powder combo as a modernization of the throwback.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The Stamps need to dump the bib, the piping, and the black numbers on their away jerseys--and the black helmets--the ones they had before RBK took over were good, and I like their 70's throwbacks as well--the grey/silver pants looked great.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Those are exactly what the Argos currently wear (minus the alternates).

That is why I like them...change is not needed when it is perfect.

I don't know if I believe you on this. It can't be perfect if there's no matte black helmet, right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I hope the Argonauts go with this design:

275px-CFL_TOR_Jersey_2009.png

Toronto is oh so close to having a standout set. My ideal Argos set would be this:

- For one, the chest piping needs to go. Leave the shoulder stripes, but ditch any trace of piping on the jersey.

- Second (and they could already be doing this, forgive me as I haven't followed as much CFL as I'd have liked to this year), wear the white pants with the navy jersey and the white jersey with the navy pants.

- And I like both the "A" shield and Jason logos, so either on the helmet would top it off for me. Also, a white helmet option of the shield logo would be awesome, especially for a stormtrooper or a special white-white-powder combo as a modernization of the throwback.

That piping could go, but the logo would be great with either the current A or the Jason logo...those are 2 of my favorites in all of Professional Football.

spacer.png

Those are exactly what the Argos currently wear (minus the alternates).

That is why I like them...change is not needed when it is perfect.

I don't know if I believe you on this. It can't be perfect if there's no matte black helmet, right?

You have me confused with Spleenator...I hate matte helmets (is Oregon Black Ninja Duck set considered to be matte?) The shinier the better. Besides I have always liked black uniforms as a whole.

spacer.png

from what i have heard.. eskies going for a more modern look..

we will see

They should go to an actual green & gold--not green & yellow--like their throwbacks a couple of years back--those looked good.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Hopefully the Lions don't change anything. Their current set is a great uniform and their logo of course is classic.

I dont care for the all white helmet, I wish they would put the stripes back on (orange with black outlines)like they had in the mid 80's...

Archived