CFL 2012

Nook

HAM are excellent. Congrats.

I must admit they do look nice because of the retro feel. But they need the gold stripe on the helmets.

no stripes on the cuffs for Als

other than that look the same

crop_18349872409.jpg

261_grande.jpg

As an Als fan, I expected better. It's nice they didn't change anything drastic, but the "ALOUETTES" in block letters on the home jerseys is definitely not needed. Also I want to see them use the white helmet for the roads, which by the way the road jerseys still look nice! (They did win 3 Grey Cups in those jerseys, if I remember correctly. LOL)

The Argos may suck, and will always suck. But at least they got the uniforms right.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAM are excellent. Congrats.

I must admit they do look nice because of the retro feel. But they need the gold stripe on the helmets.

no stripes on the cuffs for Als

other than that look the same

crop_18349872409.jpg

261_grande.jpg

As an Als fan, I expected better. It's nice they didn't change anything drastic, but the "ALOUETTES" in block letters on the home jerseys is definitely not needed. Also I want to see them use the white helmet for the roads, which by the way the road jerseys still look nice! (They did win 3 Grey Cups in those jerseys, if I remember correctly. LOL)

The Argos may suck, and will always suck. But at least they got the uniforms right.

has rbk/adidas abandoned tech fit jerseys or are they just too cheap to spend money with the cfl?

Well, I guess after day one, I'd rate what I've seen this way:

1. Hamilton. Classic elements done right. I wish the helmet stripe would have stayed but I think this is my favorite look of the teams that have officially revealed. The previous number font would have still worked, IMO, but I gotta admit this is the best upgrade of a classic style I've seen in a while, edging out this year's Blue Jays by a shade. Grade: A.

2. Montreal. And I think this is only going to be this high because they could have made their uniform worse but didn't. It's basically the same thing, except for the larger wordmark on the home uniform. Grade: B-minus.

3. Toronto. I like the idea. I think it falls a little short. Light blue trim around the numbers would make them pop a little better and emphasize the double-blue tradition even more. Would have been nice to have seen stripes on the socks. Maybe those come later. And I don't get why Jason was ditched all those years ago but I'm happy they stayed with the shield instead of switching to the 70's A, which was what I was afraid they were going to do. Grade: C.

4. Winnipeg. Getting rid of the piping and the template they shared with Sask. is a good start. But by mixing the retro helmet with a modern template, it looks as though they weren't actually sure where they wanted to go and tried to make everybody happy. And I'm not a fan of the gold road uniform. Grade: D. It could have been a C with a white roadie.

And unofficially:

5. Saskatchewan: If that really is the Riders' template. I hate it already. Those white panels are going to look stupid. It figures that my favorite CFL team would be the one to eff it up the most. Grade: F.

To be fair about Sask, that is def a replica jersey picture. Look at the collar. Still don't know why they need black in their jerseys, their throwback merch, outsells their regular stuff.

The frustrating thing is, the Riders retro jersey is one of the nicest in football, yet they just refuse to get their primary right. I thought the last one with the black shoulder horns was bad but this sets the bar of awful to new heights. A full marketing department and team of Reebok design "experts" can't come up with something better than this??

zzPEfBm.png

$110 for a replica without name or numbers. Blergh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

eskimos will have 2 lids this year..

traditional home yellow and green on the road

Oh dear God, just because the Stampeders jump off a cliff doesn't me you have to too... :cursing:

I liked the green helmets they wore in the past, but go with one look or the other not alternating...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Why can't you buy a CFL replica jersey with numbers?

There were plenty of jerseys with names and numbers at the Argos unveiling. For $180, which strikes me as ridiculous. But then again, I buy jerseys from thrift stores almost exclusively.

To be fair about Sask, that is def a replica jersey picture. Look at the collar. Still don't know why they need black in their jerseys, their throwback merch, outsells their regular stuff.

The frustrating thing is, the Riders retro jersey is one of the nicest in football, yet they just refuse to get their primary right. I thought the last one with the black shoulder horns was bad but this sets the bar of awful to new heights. A full marketing department and team of Reebok design "experts" can't come up with something better than this??

Agreed, and this is coming from a Riders hater. A two tone, green and white jersey would be unique to them. To me this is as dumb as the Leafs or Red Wings adding black. There is no point.

Not bad, not bad. I like the away more than home, but it ends the day on a high note...

I absolutely love this look! The home and away are both near perfect.

The shoulder stripes on the away remind me of the retro Penguins jersey. Colour wise it's nice, but I would have prefered that they went with a true reverse with three light blue and two dark blue stripes, then I think it would be perfect. But hey, it's still a nice look, a solid effort...those bastards... :cursing:

^_^

tigercatssignature-1.png

As someone who grew up watching the Argos in the 60's, I love the new look! I cannot wait until Hamilton plays Toronto and vice versa...that will be one of the best looking uni match-ups in sport.

Saskatchewan, on the other hand...well, like Mom always taught me "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

I can haz sig?

Archived