CFL 2012

Nook

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roughriders are wearing numbers on their helmets rather than the /=S=/ logo.

Also, the Riders' jersey on some of the LBs and DBs with a tighter cut (e.g. Chris McKenzie) looks terrible. The piping runs too far down the back, forcing the numbers down.

Also, the Riders' jersey on some of the LBs and DBs with a tighter cut (e.g. Chris McKenzie) looks terrible. The piping runs too far down the back, forcing the numbers down.

Agreed that piping looks awful. I am guessing the helmet numbers thing has more to do with tryouts for the team?

Anyone know if the CFL will introduce 3rd jerseys this year?

Agreed that piping looks awful. I am guessing the helmet numbers thing has more to do with tryouts for the team?

Anyone know if the CFL will introduce 3rd jerseys this year?

Yeah, I wish that the Rider unis would all have the same cut, but they showed at the unveiling that there's two different cuts. I agree, one of the cuts (with the lower-positioned color panels) looks horrible, especially on the back.

The unveiling also showed the S logo on the helmet, so I'm hoping it will be back for the first regular game. The numbers on the helmets, which they have used all training camp so far, look terrible... it uses a font unlike anything else on the uniform, and is only a couple of inches above the TV numbers on the shoulders.

Here's a pic from the unveiling...

470_jersey5_120502.jpg?2

Argos need either the Jason logo or a stripe on their helmets. Preferrably the first.

rickyray_3240-430x298.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12,Β POTD 2/26/17

Β 

Argos need either the Jason logo or a stripe on their helmets. Preferrably the first.

rickyray_3240-430x298.jpg

Nice uniforms, but it's a shame that they did not create a fauxback logo of this to go along with the jerseys...

xg666ybajsa39aiq8el2e12ma.gif

crop_18488730501.jpgcrop_18488870454.jpg

Things to note about the Roughriders:

- Helmets have numbers on the sides instead of the team logo. Lets hope it's a preseason thing.

- There's a riders logo on the lower back. Reminds me of a Tramp Stamp.

- The black piping is all over the place with all the players different jersey cuts.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Not the best picture, but here's the Ti-Cats and Argos

crop_18488430129.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12,Β POTD 2/26/17

Β 

EDIT: Beaten to it.

EDIT PART DEUX: Looking at the F'd up Riders unis, I can't even tell what that piping is supposed to be. There isn't really an equivalent to it on the other cuts. It looks like its on the cuts that pretty much have no sleeve/armpit cover. It'd look more consistent if they just get rid of it altogether on those cuts.

Not the best picture, but here's the Ti-Cats and Argos

crop_18488430129.jpg

Oooh, that's pretty.

crop_18488730501.jpg

Oooh, that's pretty goddamned embarrassing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That Ti-Cats/Argos game was beautiful to watch. Again, proof that the blame often rests with the team, not the manufacturer.

Agreed! The Ti-Cats are going to look great both home and away, and the only quibble I have with the Argos from last night is that I am not a fan of the monochrome look. The blue jersey will really pop with the white pants, and vice versa. All blue just doesn't work for me.

That being said, it looked great compared to BC/Sask!

Who is looking forward to the abomination that will be taking place when the Blue Bombers (gold) visit BC (orange)...my eyes! It burns!!!

I can haz sig?

It's on the manufacturer to actually execute the design. When the piping gets totally messed up because of a different jersey cut, the blame lies with the manufacturer. Reebok needs to find a way to make it work. As we have seen time and time again, they are awful at this.

crop_18488730501.jpgcrop_18488870454.jpg

Things to note about the Roughriders:

- Helmets have numbers on the sides instead of the team logo. Lets hope it's a preseason thing.

- There's a riders logo on the lower back. Reminds me of a Tramp Stamp.

- The black piping is all over the place with all the players different jersey cuts.

Am I seeing this right, that the Riders have players with two distinctly different cuts of jerseys during the same game? Is the Rider in the bottom pic wearing a different jersey than the Rider on top, or does it just appear that way?

I was at yesterday's Argos/Ticats game, and I thought Hamilton's new home jerseys didn't translate well to a game situation. The Argos were the better looking of the two teams. The old Reebok TiCats jersey my buddy had on looked much better than the new ones, even with the ridiculous shoulder piping.

As for the Riders helmet numbers, I'm sure it's just an added identification measure to make it easier for the staff to weed out players in the pre-season.

Stop it with the tapered stripe on the pants already, Montreal.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived