CFL 2012

Nook

Was at the game last night. I couldn't get over how horrible the Esks road jersey is.

crop_18499995248.jpg

The green shoulders are unnecessary, same goes with the green pants.

crop_18500015248.jpg

I hate hate HATE that Eskimos road costume...

I can't believe you just called that uniform a "costume." :D

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at the game last night. I couldn't get over how horrible the Esks road jersey is.

crop_18499995248.jpg

crop_18500015248.jpg

I thought the description fit quite nicely, myself... :P

I hate hate HATE that Eskimos road costume... I actually think that awful green helmet will look better with that ugly jersey, if only to balance things out a little bit. Ideally, they'd go back to a nice white road jersey with no green panels or piping, a yellow helmet and yellow pants like in the old days. But in this age of Reebok, I doubt we'll see that happen (other than in the occasional throwback uni).

The reception for the new jerseys throughout the league seems to reflect a "less is more" line of thinking. The super-busy unis, with Edmonton, Sask and Winnipeg being chief among them, seem a little outdated now... they would have been pretty amazing cutting-edge looks in 2003 but just look sort of tired now.

crop_18488730501.jpgcrop_18488870454.jpg

Things to note about the Roughriders:

- Helmets have numbers on the sides instead of the team logo. Lets hope it's a preseason thing.

- There's a riders logo on the lower back. Reminds me of a Tramp Stamp.

- The black piping is all over the place with all the players different jersey cuts.

The Sask. jersey in the first picture is god awful. What is that is the corners below the last name - pockets to hold your gloves and other items :P

Looks ridiculous. Hope they are not using these in the regular season.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

- The Eskimos road jersey would be 5 times better if the green panels on the jersey were limited to only the arm sleeves. The cocoon-shaped panels are completely unnessesary. And what happened to the green helmet?

- The Rough Riders jerseys would be better if they were just trashed and never be seen again. They should just use their retros full-time with updated logos.

- The Rough Riders jerseys would be better if they were just trashed and never be seen again. They should just use their retros full-time with updated logos.

I first I thought Rough Riders?

They folded years ago...

Then I realized you meant Roughriders...

Oh the intricacies of CFL-speak...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Better look at Bombersalexbrink_2379-430x298.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Regarding the Riders numbered helmets.

I think it's just a preseason thing, seeing as it's easier to identify a player by their number on the helmet from the sidelines, then it is the name on the back. They use those helmets in practice. We should definitely see the metallic /=S=/ come June 29th.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Better look at Bombersalexbrink_2379-430x298.jpg

Uggg. As bad as the Roughriders' over-piped disasters are, as bad as the green-encased Eskimos' road look is, the Bombers' new look is by far the most disappointing look in the CFL since the unveiling. The return to the block W, along with the classic helmet design indicated that they wanted to go with a throwback look. Instead they went with a set that already looks dated. Sure, the same can be said about the new Roughriders' look, but at least they didn't tease a back to basics approach.

The Winnipeg block W with that poor man's Falcons template just does not work.

^ Pretty obvious that habsfan was talking about Sask and not the defunct Ottawa team.

Of course, but he typed in "Rough Riders" so I thought Ottawa.

I did realize right away he meant "Roughriders"

Just pointing that out as a CFL idiosyncrasy...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

crop_18499995248.jpg

crop_18500015248.jpg

Costume is so appropriate. Horrible. Can't wait until uniform designers finally realize that drop shadows are the work of the devil.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The white helmets were briefly mentioned in yesterday's Regina Leader-Post...

"Most of the Roughriders were sporting new white helmets Wednesday and (Head Coach Corey) Chamblin confirmed the team will wear the lids Friday.

?It?s not a permanent thing,? he said. ?It?s a little bit above my head (as an organizational decision), but I like the white helmets.

?I told (the team higher-ups) they must have done it because the fans are really going to be peed at me now.?

Chamblin, who said that with a laugh, was referring to his decision to close two practices a week to the public."

Source article here...

If it looks anything like the Ti-Cats white helmets did, we're in for a treat. Other than that, I don't know what to think.

jboreham.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived