CFL 2012

Nook

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a couple of week 3 looks:

First, Winnipeg at Edmonton. As compared to Edmonton's road abominations, the home sets are pretty good. I don't think any other team in the league has such a sharp contrast in quality between one set and the other. As for the Bombers, I think I have gotten over the whole gold road set. I think they actually looked pretty decent (although I still would have preferred white).

crop_18646232853.jpg

Then, Calgary at Montreal. Basically the same old (but good) Alouettes look and a slightly improved Calgary set. No real changes to remark upon here.

crop_18640055037.jpg

The black hat still does not work for me. The Stamp's will always be a red-helmet team in my mind. Maybe when Ottawa returns they will retire the Black helmet to avoid confusion.

I think Calgary has co-opted the red, black and white for good. When the Renegades were in the league, I'm pretty sure Calgary was still predominantly a red and white team (except for the black 3rds), so they were able to do the red, black, white combo. I don't think that will be possible in the future... I can't see Calgary voluntarily changing colours to let Ottawa have what it wants.

Likelier choices for Ott include (from the historical category) black and white, or the weird red and gold combo from the 94-95 seasons. Better yet Ottawa should break from tradition and use some of the better colours combos that none of the other CFL teams have.

Can my Hamilton Tiger Cats get on the two helmets trend please? I've been lobbing for years for the return of the gold helmet, this is the perfect opportunity. They should wear gold helmet always with gold pants and black helmet always with black pants.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Without the outline, the Stamps' logo on that black helmet just seems too small and slight.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Here are a couple of week 3 looks:

First, Winnipeg at Edmonton. As compared to Edmonton's road abominations, the home sets are pretty good. I don't think any other team in the league has such a sharp contrast in quality between one set and the other. As for the Bombers, I think I have gotten over the whole gold road set. I think they actually looked pretty decent (although I still would have preferred white).

crop_18646232853.jpg

Then, Calgary at Montreal. Basically the same old (but good) Alouettes look and a slightly improved Calgary set. No real changes to remark upon here.

crop_18640055037.jpg

Looking at the Edmonton/Winnipeg pic makes me think the Bombers should have blue helmets as. Ell. And the plain W looks way out of place on that template.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Probably the best look you'll get at the new Ti-Cats unis

ysQxv.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I still wish the Ti-Cats still had their striped helmets from last year. It looks a little weird with all those stripes on the jerseys and none on the helmets is quite disappointing.

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

Ti-Cats 2013 third uniform (from my video, the one with the black numbers) has been described by their equipment manager as "still up in the air"

I also passed along your requests for a helmet stripe and a yellow helmet for the yellow pants.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I still would love to see the Alouettes wear the white helmets they wore two years ago on the road only with white jerseys, and keep the silver helmets with the coloured jerseys. The Ticats seriously need to bring back the gold stripe on their helmets.

crop_18607412527.jpg

It looks like the Eskimos took a white jersey, cut off the sleeves and sides, and then sewn on some green counterparts. Basically, it looks like two jerseys sewn into one.

Ladies and gentlemen, the award for the most inconsistent stripe pattens in a uniform go to...

This picture makes the Ti-Cats helmets look sooo bad.

crop_18792895057.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It does Nash. I know this is my third post on the Ti Cats helmet stripe but when you think of Tigers, the first thing that comes to mind is stripes. On a side note what do you guys think of the Riders new white helmets?

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

It does Nash. I know this is my third post on the Ti Cats helmet stripe but when you think of Tigers, the first thing that comes to mind is stripes. On a side note what do you guys think of the Riders new white helmets?

I don't necessarily think they need the stripe on the helmet, but it wouldn't hurt either. And, I know that the two stripes on the pants are to match the stripes on the jersey (I guess), but I think it would look better as a single stripe like before Reebok first made over all the jerseys.

After watching last night's Bombers/Eskimos game, I am convinced that the Eskimos road uni is the worst look any CFL team has had in living memory (in my case, that extends back to the mid 80s).

Just absolutely gawd-awful.

After watching last night's Bombers/Eskimos game, I am convinced that the Eskimos road uni is the worst look any CFL team has had in living memory (in my case, that extends back to the mid 80s).

Just absolutely gawd-awful.

*Ahem*

Dunigan.Matt-Birm.JPG

memphismaddogs+2.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yeah, not even close to some of the worst looks in CFL history. The Argos added red to their jerseys for one year. The Alouettes wore black on black. And, of course, there were the infamous logo-on-the-front uniforms.

The Esks look bad, but not that bad.

Archived