CFL 2012

Nook

Just got back from the Tiger-Cats locker room sale. I got to talk to the equipment manager, and he gave me details about the Ti-Cats 2012 jerseys and 2013 alternate. Just have to upload the footage.

...but I want it nownownownownownow!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm not really that impatient, but I'm looking forward to it.... (dance)

Hint: 2013 alt=Black numbers on a black jersey. "A style similar to the University of Oregon"

:jawdrop: Damn Caretaker! :angered: I have no idea what the UofO looks like like but I remember the Dallas Stars doing it, and the numbers were practically invisible...

Edit: Before I forget: Your damn signature :cursing: I thought my mouse went haywire...

tigercatssignature-1.png

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the Tiger-Cats locker room sale. I got to talk to the equipment manager, and he gave me details about the Ti-Cats 2012 jerseys and 2013 alternate. Just have to upload the footage.

Hint: 2013 alt=Black numbers on a black jersey. "A style similar to the University of Oregon"

Boooo! I can't stand that style, looks very cheap/bush league.

Perfect for the Ti-Cats! :P

tigercatssignature-1.png

Here's the video that I actually submitted for my assignment. I have another one actually discussing the uniforms, but it still needs to be edited. You can see the prototype at 1:09 of this video. It's just the regular black jersey for now, but they're working on the numbers specifically.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here's the video that I actually submitted for my assignment. I have another one actually discussing the uniforms, but it still needs to be edited. You can see the prototype at 1:09 of this video. It's just the regular black jersey for now, but they're working on the numbers specifically.

Seems a bit odd that if Reebok is doing a complete league wide redesign for 2012 (I assume both templates and colours??), that the Ticats 2013 third jersey template would be exactly the same as the current one with the only change being black numbers. You'd think the template would, at the very least, look more in line with whatever they have planned for next year.

zzPEfBm.png

Great video mate!

Looking forward to the next one. Please post once edited

Here's the other one. To answer the one prevalent question, they're only using the current jersey template to figure out the blacks. That just means that the 2013 third will be black.

Screenshot2011-12-11at10028PM.png

Just so you guys know, that is the retro gold, not the current yellow. (Help me out here, ColorWerx)

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Just a few quick thoughts.

First off, I'm glad they are just in the testing phase right now, so it might not make it to the final concept. The reason they're using the old template is probably because the new template isn't ready yet.

I also couldn't help but notice a few prototype helmets that were never used. The comet tiger-head was on a black helmet when it was only used on a white helmet. There was also a wordmark yellow helmet (which presumable said TIGERS, but it's hard to tell) that I don't believe was ever used, unless the Hamilton Tigers used one during the four seasons they co-existed with the Wildcats for '46-'49. Actually nope, I went back to look at it on youtube on full screen and could see it was actually a silver helmet that read in part -ARTWICK (The first letter(s) were obscured) I think those are a couple of American university helmets up there...

Finally, it appears that IWS can't be torn down and replaced fast enough... ^_^

tigercatssignature-1.png

Here's the other one. To answer the one prevalent question, they're only using the current jersey template to figure out the blacks. That just means that the 2013 third will be black.

Just so you guys know, that is the retro gold, not the current yellow. (Help me out here, ColorWerx)

You mean, like this?:

HamiltonTigerCatsGold_2004_SCC_SRGB.png <---> HamiltonTigerCatsGold_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

You mean, like this?:

HamiltonTigerCatsGold_2004_SCC_SRGB.png <---> HamiltonTigerCatsGold_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

The gold used on their TC helmets. It's darker than their current jersey colour.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Noticed something on the Riders webpage today when I was looking up the news on the hiring of Corey Chamblin as head coach (Mike Tomlin approved!)

Screenshot2011-12-15at40457PM.png

The font on that jersey is something that the Riders have never used. I know it's an ad, and that may have nothing to do with anything, but perhaps it's a sneak peak into the number/name fonts for the Riders next season.

Noticed something on the Riders webpage today when I was looking up the news on the hiring of Corey Chamblin as head coach (Mike Tomlin approved!)

Screenshot2011-12-15at40457PM.png

The font on that jersey is something that the Riders have never used. I know it's an ad, and that may have nothing to do with anything, but perhaps it's a sneak peak into the number/name fonts for the Riders next season.

Interesting... you never know. The Riders haven't been selling the most accurate replicas anyway, as quite often they have NOB fonts they don't really use. The real font resembling the one in the ad you linked to, and the replica fonts have serifs (similar to the Lions regular or Stampeders throwbacks, but with a thick outline). Personally I think the serifs look better, but that's just me.

I was in a Rider store talking to the manager recently and since he'd mentioned being picky about uniform accuracy a few times, I asked him about the incorrect fonts hanging up all over the store. He looked at me with a blank stare and said he'd never noticed before, and even said, "...are you sure?". LOL! I had to point out the correct font to him in photos and on some autographed game-worns they had for sale.

God... I hate that look. Hate hate HATE it.

The classic look the Tiger-Cats wore for decades was so damn nice and unique, they need to go back to that ASAP.

This was a nice variation of it, with the black helmets...

Rocky_DiPietro.JPG

Archived