CFL 2012

Nook

I watched that Bomber press conference, they had to different helmets with that college style "W" on it. One is a Blue W, the other is white. Both the helmets were gold.

Looks like more teams in the CFL are going to use home and away helmets, how does everyone feel about that?

I haven't seen the press conference but are you sure the one with the blue W wasn't just the throwback helmet they've used for the past couple of years?

img.47687_t.jpg

I could be mistaken, both "W" logos had outlines on them.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13292577061506.jpg

The bombers new "W" logo has been on their site for a long time now. No official announcement though..

Well that is utterly boring... :sleeping:

I'm sure the logo deeply regrets no being able to make the game of football more exciting for you. <_<

Well I guess next to the Cleveland Browns, it's the most dynamic logo you've ever seen....

I'm picturing the meeting spitballing ideas for the logo...

"Well the team name is Blue Bombers and they are in Winnipeg, how can we represent that as a logo?"

"We can use the letter 'W'."

"And?"

"Uh, that's all I got..."

tigercatssignature-1.png

I'm exporting my video that I took over the summer of the Ti-Cats equipment manager talking about their changes. I'll upload it as soon as it's done.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

For those you if Canada, I believe there is a piece on the TSN.ca video portion of their site, where you can see the helmets in the background.

BomberHelmets.gif

You were mistaken, they are both the old retro-helmets. Since the new logo is actually a little different, I suspect that these are not the helmets that will be used in the end...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Video is unlisted to save the guy's job, but here's my Q&A with him this summer.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

For those you if Canada, I believe there is a piece on the TSN.ca video portion of their site, where you can see the helmets in the background.

BomberHelmets.gif

You were mistaken, they are both the old retro-helmets. Since the new logo is actually a little different, I suspect that these are not the helmets that will be used in the end...

Actually glad I am wrong.

I don't think the Stamps logo is much of a change, the red circle isn't anything really. Glad to see the W with the Bombers, I can only hope that it's a permanent change.

The former "W" logo is being relegated to a secondary mark.

"W" or lightning W?

Primary Mark (metallic):

WinnipegBlueBombers_PMK01a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Secondary Mark (metallic):

WinnipegBlueBombers_SMK01a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

There a bunch of variations of these...

This makes me happy all over. Thanks, D.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

BomberHelmets.gif

Actually glad I am wrong.

I suspect the whole reason behind using those helmets is because the new look will be probably very similar: gold helmet, blue strip, with the new logo on it. The new 'W' logo is more compressed than the old one, with the two squares topping the end strokes actually touching the centre peak. There will probably be a proper unveiling of the new look in the next couple of months...

I still think it's hideously boring and unimaginative. As you guys say around here, 'major downgrade'...

tigercatssignature-1.png

I like the retro-W, but I really don't find anything wrong with the lightning one. In fact, I think it's the better logo. I'm not a Bombers fan though, so I don't have the emotional attatchments to either mark that a fan would (which I assume may drive so many to want the retro-W back; and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. It's ultimately what brought the J-note back to the Jazz, so I can relate).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I watched that Bomber press conference, they had to different helmets with that college style "W" on it. One is a Blue W, the other is white. Both the helmets were gold.

Looks like more teams in the CFL are going to use home and away helmets, how does everyone feel about that?

The Alouettes can wear their white helmets on the road, with their white jerseys, blue pants and red socks.

1_80867.jpg

I can say probably the majority of Bomber fans love the block W and the old uniforms. After the last uniform update in 2005, they really made the W with the lightning bolt a great logo, when they first brought it out in 1995, it didn't look good on a blue helmet, then a couple years later they returned to the white W, but it still felt like it was missing something, then in 2005 they finally got it right.

Also I guarantee that a patch or at the least a sticker with "CM" on it will be on the helmet this year, as Cal Murphy passed away tonight.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The red circle would make sense if there's another Reebok-mandated uniform overhaul...meaning the potential for full-time black helmets :\

I hope not.

There are no other red helmets in the league--and they are the red & white...

Looks better red.

But that logo is most likely just a way of adding colour to it for use as an icon--especially if it's used on a white background.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I often wondered what the Riders would look like if they went with a silver helmet, so I did a mock-up a while ago for some concepts that I actually never really did anything with.

riderssilverhelmet-1.png

I figured that it'd look good with a white jersey/silver pants or a black jersey/silver pants.

But I also hope the Riders never do this.

I often wondered what the Riders would look like if they went with a silver helmet, so I did a mock-up a while ago for some concepts that I actually never really did anything with.

riderssilverhelmet-1.png

I figured that it'd look good with a white jersey/silver pants or a black jersey/silver pants.

But I also hope the Riders never do this.

I always thought they'd look good with a white helmet and a return to the wraparound logo in green.

zzPEfBm.png

I can say probably the majority of Bomber fans love the block W and the old uniforms. After the last uniform update in 2005, they really made the W with the lightning bolt a great logo, when they first brought it out in 1995, it didn't look good on a blue helmet, then a couple years later they returned to the white W, but it still felt like it was missing something, then in 2005 they finally got it right.

There is a tendancy among the hardcore fans to perfer the older looks of teams, even when it's clearly inferior. It got that with the Washington Capitals, and the Pittsburgh Penguins where they went backwards with bringing back crappy logos. The Bombers should have taken the cleverness of the two-toned lightning bolt football and moved forward with this....

Also I guarantee that a patch or at the least a sticker with "CM" on it will be on the helmet this year, as Cal Murphy passed away tonight.

Probably will say CAL. CM is a little too impersonal for someone that was a true titan in this league...

tigercatssignature-1.png

I hope not.

There are no other red helmets in the league--and they are the red & white...

Looks better red.

But that logo is most likely just a way of adding colour to it for use as an icon--especially if it's used on a white background.

The new primary has grown on me, but I would soon hate it if it's an excuse to go to black helmets. They've always looked good in the red. Ideally they tweek the galloping horse to help differentiate it from US College team(s) that use it and the Ford Mustang...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Archived