CFL 2012

Nook

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope not.

There are no other red helmets in the league--and they are the red & white...

Looks better red.

But that logo is most likely just a way of adding colour to it for use as an icon--especially if it's used on a white background.

The new primary has grown on me, but I would soon hate it if it's an excuse to go to black helmets. They've always looked good in the red. Ideally the [stampeders] tweek the galloping horse to help differentiate it from US College team(s) that use it and the Ford Mustang...

No. I grew up with that horse, which the Stampeders have used since 1965. The car companies and the US colleges can go change their logos.

I love the fact that Ford tried to force the Stanps to change their logo, only to have the Stamps show they had been using the horse long before the Ford Mustang came along, and were quietly told to go screw themselves, lest the Stampeders make them pay for using their logo on about 10 million cars without their permission. I love it when big corporations think they can steamroll someone only to have the tables turned. :)

I hope not.

There are no other red helmets in the league--and they are the red & white...

Looks better red.

But that logo is most likely just a way of adding colour to it for use as an icon--especially if it's used on a white background.

The new primary has grown on me, but I would soon hate it if it's an excuse to go to black helmets. They've always looked good in the red. Ideally the [stampeders] tweek the galloping horse to help differentiate it from US College team(s) that use it and the Ford Mustang...

No. I grew up with that horse, which the Stampeders have used since 1965. The car companies and the US colleges can go change their logos.

ALWAYS loved the Stampeders' red look. The black helmets make them look like an Ottawa team(Rough Riders/Renegades). The Stamps' best unis are their red and silver ones. Time for both Calgary teams to do what baseball's Blue Jays and Mets have done. Ditch the black. Red and only red is a Calgary colour. If the NASL's Calgary Boomers had known that, perhaps they would have survived another season or two, lol.

The red and silver uniforms were not our best look and certainly were not the best of times for the franchise. Black is acceptable to me as a trim for the horse and the numbers, just keep it to a minimum. Lose the black helmet, and bring back the red pants on the road. I can also agree to keep a black third jersey, but use the red pants with it.

However, I did enjoy the one year that the Stampeders wore black pants at home with the red jersey...

I loved the red and silver personally. Although I am a Rider fan (Regina boy) in my minde eye I remember loving how James Sykes ran the ball in those unis in the early 80's.

And by the way--that red circle behind the horse was used on schedules last season, and possibly before--I had one on my fridge from last year that has the circle behind the horse--so it isn't brand new for this year.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

And by the way--that red circle behind the horse was used on schedules last season, and possibly before--I had one on my fridge from last year that has the circle behind the horse--so it isn't brand new for this year.

NOW you tell us... :rolleyes:

^_^

tigercatssignature-1.png

Anyone seen a date for when the new uniforms are being released yet???

Last time back in 2005 the release was on May 2nd or 3rd, so I'm betting on it being around the same time this year.

I went back to view that old thread about that release. It was interesting. The thread didn't start until the release happened and only went for 6 pages. We're already at 8 pages and probably still two months to go to the actual release...

tigercatssignature-1.png

I'm kind of found it disappointing to look through this thread. IMO the CFL is getting a downgrade, or at least from what I've seen so far. I really don't like that 'W' the Bombers will use, so clunky and annoying.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I'm kind of found it disappointing to look through this thread. IMO the CFL is getting a downgrade, or at least from what I've seen so far. I really don't like that 'W' the Bombers will use, so clunky and annoying.

I agree. It's uninspired. and plain. The Lightining W could have been tweaked but htat old plain W is just (sleepz)

Athough it may not be the most exciting of logos, I welcome the change. Most of the current CFL logos, including the league logo look like they were drawn by the same person. Five of the nine (including league logo) all lean to the right which for some reason I find extremely annoying.

zzPEfBm.png

Athough it may not be the most exciting of logos, I welcome the change. Most of the current CFL logos, including the league logo look like they were drawn by the same person. Five of the nine (including league logo) all lean to the right which for some reason I find extremely annoying.

Liberal... :P

tigercatssignature-1.png

Liberal... :P

I'm more of a centrist when it comes to logos. ^_^

zzPEfBm.png

The CFL itself is using a shaded version of its logo on its site.

logo.png

And the Bombers may have wimped out of changing their logo. The CFL main site and the team site both have the Lightning W

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived