CFL 2012

Nook

The CFL itself is using a shaded version of its logo on its site.

logo.png

And the Bombers may have wimped out of changing their logo. The CFL main site and the team site both have the Lightning W

I think that's one of three possibilities. It's also possible that Winnipeg is only using naked W as a secondary mark, or that CFL.ca won't change over until the new looks are released.

tigercatssignature-1.png

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

logo.png

And the Bombers may have wimped out of changing their logo. The CFL main site and the team site both have the Lightning W

The CFL has been using that for over a year and I assume the Bombers are waiting for the start of the 2012 season to unveil the "new" logo.

zzPEfBm.png

I'm kind of found it disappointing to look through this thread. IMO the CFL is getting a downgrade, or at least from what I've seen so far. I really don't like that 'W' the Bombers will use, so clunky and annoying.

Athough it may not be the most exciting of logos, I welcome the change. Most of the current CFL logos, including the league logo look like they were drawn by the same person. Five of the nine (including league logo) all lean to the right which for some reason I find extremely annoying.

Liberal... :P

I'm more of a centrist when it comes to logos. ^_^

^_^ I think the whole reason you see it, is because football helmets are mostly depicted as being right facing and when a logo is given a direction, they want the logo to face 'forward' on the helmet (and sleeve if that is also used) thus they are shown to be 'right leaning' even though they actually have both a 'right' and 'left' look.

I still remember Ottawa's flaming RR logo and it's rather awkward reverse logo that had the RR leaning into the flames... :D

tigercatssignature-1.png

I'm kind of found it disappointing to look through this thread. IMO the CFL is getting a downgrade, or at least from what I've seen so far. I really don't like that 'W' the Bombers will use, so clunky and annoying.

Athough it may not be the most exciting of logos, I welcome the change. Most of the current CFL logos, including the league logo look like they were drawn by the same person. Five of the nine (including league logo) all lean to the right which for some reason I find extremely annoying.

Liberal... :P

I'm more of a centrist when it comes to logos. ^_^

^_^ I think the whole reason you see it, is because football helmets are mostly depicted as being right facing and when a logo is given a direction, they want the logo to face 'forward' on the helmet (and sleeve if that is also used) thus they are shown to be 'right leaning' even though they actually have both a 'right' and 'left' look.

I still remember Ottawa's flaming RR logo and it's rather awkward reverse logo that had the RR leaning into the flames... :D

No argument that the default is usually a forward facing helmet. The lean itself is what bothers me ......right or left depending on which direction the helmet is facing with the worst offender being the Alouettes who have the lean combined with the flat base. The base looks good on a letterhead but terrible on a helmet IMHO. If it's even the slightest bit askew, you really notice it whereas most NFL logos don't seem to have this issue. I guess the whole "lean" just feels forced to me.

I think I've been spending too much time on this site. My OCD is growing. :P

zzPEfBm.png

logo.png

The CFL has been using that for over a year and I assume the Bombers are waiting for the start of the 2012 season to unveil the "new" logo.

I remember them using the naked W earlier in the winter, maybe i'm wrong.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This pic was from Farhan Lalji's twitter. The Lions wore none of these helmets last year. Possible leak.

qrhmyu.jpg

I believe two of them have been used in the past though. If nash61's Ticat video is any indication, it's most likely they are just concept helmet mockups that they've done at some point, doesn't mean they have any plans to use them in the future.

tigercatssignature-1.png

This pic was from Farhan Lalji's twitter. The Lions wore none of these helmets last year. Possible leak.

qrhmyu.jpg

Part of me likes the idea of a matte helmets, but another part of me thinks they look really stupid with glossy logos.

I also wonder if this is any indication that the CFL may be going in the direction of certain NCAA teams jersey wise.

qrhmyu.jpg

There is a local high school that wears something like the orange one. While it looks cool up close, from far you can't make out the paw.

I personally like the black with orange mask. Looks great.

I don't care for the matte black helmets, not to mention all black, which is being done to death. I like the orange one, and the black one with the orange facemask. The Lions can bring out more orange this way.

qrhmyu.jpg

There is a local high school that wears something like the orange one. While it looks cool up close, from far you can't make out the paw.

I don't care for the matte black helmets, not to mention all black, which is being done to death. I like the orange one, and the black one with the orange facemask. The Lions can bring out more orange this way.

I think the matte looks good (though it needs non-shiny decals) and the black with orange mask also real nice. If they are indeed going for this basic look they should bring back the throwback helmets from 2 years ago... they were just like the one on the far right but had white and orange stripes down the center and nice big white numbers on the back. Beautiful.

I've always thought the orange paw on the black background needed a white outline to make it pop... but it's still nice just orange on black.

As for the orange helmet with black decal, I hate it... and cringed whenever they wore it in the past. Maybe the white outline on the decal would save it.

Both black helmets are different from what they have word in the past. The regular black helmet in the pic is similar to one they used with their 3rds a few years ago. They added an orange face mask, and took away the stripe.

Darian_Durant_2010_44247.jpg

Edit: Sorry my browser glitched, and it put my original post in the middle of another one, for some reason...

Did some Google searching, and all I could find was that Bomber fans generally hate the Lightning W, and that someone in Saskatchewan linked to my TiCats video.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Did some Google searching, and all I could find was that Bomber fans generally hate the Lightning W, and that someone in Saskatchewan linked to my TiCats video.

Well Winnipeg fans also embraced 'Swaggerville' as a nickname, that should tell you everything need to know about the taste of the average Bomber fan... <_<

tigercatssignature-1.png

This may not mean anything but anyway... I saw a new SaskTel phone ad that I thought might give an indication of what their jersey will be. These ads use an animated "Red Riding Hood" theme and in this new ad, the Wolf is shown wearing a green & white (no black or silver) throwback uni. He jumps into a real-life scene of the Mosaic stadium bleachers filled with fans, and every one shown seems to have a throwback on... and NO current jersies. In past SaskTel ads, the characters have always worn the current jersey and never the throwback...

Again, it probably means nothing but it seemed odd to me to suddenly focus on the throwback when they never have before (that I've seen).

qrhmyu.jpg

I think the matte looks good (though it needs non-shiny decals) and the black with orange mask also real nice. If they are indeed going for this basic look they should bring back the throwback helmets from 2 years ago... they were just like the one on the far right but had white and orange stripes down the center and nice big white numbers on the back. Beautiful.

I've always thought the orange paw on the black background needed a white outline to make it pop... but it's still nice just orange on black.

As for the orange helmet with black decal, I hate it... and cringed whenever they wore it in the past. Maybe the white outline on the decal would save it.

I actually liked the orange helmet. It was the only one of its kind in the CFL. What the Lions should have done was wear their orange pants with their alternate black jerseys whenever they wore this helmet.

However, I do prefer the original black helmet with the orange paw. I love the orange mask but I don't like the removal of the stripe. A single orange stripe would look awesome.

Well Winnipeg fans also embraced 'Swaggerville' as a nickname, that should tell you everything need to know about the taste of the average Bomber fan... <_<

I don't condone any use of "Swaggerville" at least not yet. Also, yes the Lightning W is hated by the majority.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived