High School Re-Branding

wILL-INI

I feel like the gray should be a bit lighter. Many of the marks you've designed have gray touchin the navy, and I think from a distance it would all blur together since there's not much dark/light contrast there.

I was going to say something to this effect. The whole color scheme is rather bland and too dark. It needs some help in that department and while this may not be a wild suggestion, but I think more white is your friend here.

Take your latest attempt to bevel the wordmark- white, instead of that light grey, would have fit perfectly and given life to that wordmark.

There is still just a lot of excess material in this set- the helmet is still present and should be perfected or ditched, #10 and #14 seem unnecessary as well, and the way the outline approaches the F and T on each end is kind of odd- I'd fill that in. I'd use the same technique in the FHS logo alone...all the jagged outlines could be simplified.

Ok yeah I can see that now. Im very partial to grey and since we have. Another school in our conf who are the knights and just blue and white I wanted grey to be more prevelant. But I can see pulling it back a bit. I'll try some whiter options. Thank you. Helps a lot.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

There is still just a lot of excess material in this set- the helmet is still present and should be perfected or ditched, #10 and #14 seem unnecessary as well, and the way the outline approaches the F and T on each end is kind of odd- I'd fill that in. I'd use the same technique in the FHS logo alone...all the jagged outlines could be simplified.

I've toyed with for a long time. I landed on this option. Because there is a sense of symmetry, and with them filled in there was a big blue blotch that I found jarring and distracting.

• 4 months later...

For the sake of staring a new thread, I'll bump this one. So my high school liked everything I presented, as well as in the process of adopting them. They did however not like the knight as much. They would rather have an update than a whole new logo. (Fieldcrest_20Knights.jpg old logo). So here is what I came up with.

7043464699_ba75fbda4b_b.jpg

The first one is simplified (to a point). The second one is 1 upper arm option. The last is the one I prefer, with another upper arm option. Could really use some C&C, before I submit this.

I think the main problem with this logo is the shadow inconsistency. The left side of the helmet and shield are completely shadowed, yet the body armor shows very little signs of shadowing.

Also, I think you could easily simplify this much further. A lot of the smaller details aren't needed and would be completely lost if this logo was scaled down even the slightest bit. That being said, I think the first one is what you should try to continue to build on.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

The helmet and the shield are the best two parts, although some of the highlights on the helmets are very thin and could be thicker so they are noticeable from a distance.

The plume has too much detail compared to the helmet and is still very stiff. It should be free-flowing like the hair on the back of the Denver Broncos logo. Look at other logos for inspiration like that.

Just like what missouri tigers said above,the body armor needs much less detail. Take out the thinner lines, thicken up the other lines, and add much more blue to the shading, like you did on the shield.

Look at other logos if you're stuck and see how they use lighting/shading. Good luck. I hope it turns out well for your school.

I think the main problem with this logo is the shadow inconsistency. The left side of the helmet and shield are completely shadowed, yet the body armor shows very little signs of shadowing.

Also, I think you could easily simplify this much further. A lot of the smaller details aren't needed and would be completely lost if this logo was scaled down even the slightest bit. That being said, I think the first one is what you should try to continue to build on.

The helmet and the shield are the best two parts, although some of the highlights on the helmets are very thin and could be thicker so they are noticeable from a distance.

The plume has too much detail compared to the helmet and is still very stiff. It should be free-flowing like the hair on the back of the Denver Broncos logo. Look at other logos for inspiration like that.

Just like what missouri tigers said above,the body armor needs much less detail. Take out the thinner lines, thicken up the other lines, and add much more blue to the shading, like you did on the shield.

Look at other logos if you're stuck and see how they use lighting/shading. Good luck. I hope it turns out well for your school.

In reply to the half and half shading on shield and helmet, it is one of the elements they want to keep (though I agree it doesn't make much sense). If you look at the top of the post you'll see the original and this half and half nonsense. But to keep it looking like the original it is important to keep that. It's one of those "the customer demands you use this awful design". So I kinda take it as, realistic shadows aside, does it still function.

With the detail, that is kinda the same thought I had, too much. I'll try not to make this too long winded but one of my main reasons with the rebranding is that our current knight is so fictional in its armor. It doesn't reflect what a real knight's armor would be, but merely what a little kid perceives as armor. So I think I over complicated it with trying to make it factual and include those details that make that apparent. I'm going to take a step back, maybe do a little more research, and take another hack at it. I really like the broncos idea, thank you.

Archived