Maccabi Tel Aviv Concept

Starchild

Been working on this one for a while. Actually, I finished the primary logo and uniforms within a day, but the secondary logo has been eating at me, so I finally ditched my original idea and went for a more text oriented scheme.

MaccabiHomeSet.gif

Colors are the Maccabi Tel Aviv official colors.

The idea behind the logo/uniforms are simple. Maccabi Tel Aviv are the Lakers of the Israeli league. They've always been the number one team, in fact, out of something like 48 championship titles, Maccabi has won like 42 of them. Some of their talent is home grown, the rest are signed from the USA (for instance, Quincey Lewis of the NBA played for Maccabi), Croatia, and elsewhere. Also, to much of the world, Israel is considered as "the little brother" to the United States. So I decided to keep that going and gave the Maccabi identity a bit of American flavor - mixing their current identity with a more "LA Lakers" vibe. The secondary logo has the Hebrew letters "Tet" and "Alef" which of course begin "Tel" and "Aviv" respectively.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I agree with Avenger on the primary/secondary...the secondary is short and to the point and just plain filthy good...and you know I'm not crazy about the blue/purple, but those are their official colors...

Also, I'd make the 8 on the front bigger and more centered.

Great work...

Very nice concept, although the yellow is a bit bright. Are these Maccabi's colors? If not, I'd switch out the yellow with a lighter blue a'la the Lakers' former color scheme.

And who's Parker?

Very nice concept, although the yellow is a bit bright. Are these Maccabi's colors? If not, I'd switch out the yellow with a lighter blue a'la the Lakers' former color scheme.

And who's Parker?

Yeah, these are Maccabi's colors (not just for basketball, the color schemes remain the same for the Israeli soccer clubs by the same name). And Parker is just a player I chose from Maccabi's roster. He wears no.8, so I figured I'd use it as an Israeli equivalent to Kobe Bryant. No other reason behind it, just serves the purpose of the concept.

BTW - Thanks to everyone for the comments thus far. I'm going to be editing the primary logo to make it less cluttered and I'll be slightly editing the front of the jersey by making the 8 larger and slightly more centered.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Here are 2 revised versions of the primary. I tried to make it less cluttered by getting rid of the Nokia logo and shrinking/moving "Maccabi".

RevisedLogos.gif

Are either of these better than what I originally have?

The Hebrew font I used, unfortunately isn't even a font at all.

In Microsoft Word, under the insert symbols thing, aside from being able to insert things like the degrees symbol, there's also the alphabet in Latin, Hebrew and Arabic.

The only problem is, you have to insert each letter individually, and backwards. Then when you copy & paste it into photoshop, it reverses the word so it looks correct. Bit of a pain in the ass, but luckily the words I used are small.

I like, I like. Where did you get that Hebrew font? I could use it for a project I'm undertaking. Very clean, realistic concept and I agree, the secondary logo rocks!

If you use Internet Explorer and go to any site with Hebrew text, it'll likely prompt you to install a Hebrew package if you don't have it yet. The package has about 5 or 6 fonts in it (you can do the same for other international characters) and they'll be available in just about any program.

Archived