2012 MLB sRGB-Optimized Graphics

TruColor

Didn't the Giants switch to the roundrel SF logo on the home and alt jerseys last year when they put the crappy Giants ball on the roads? Regardless, the roundrel should be on all jerseys.

Also, is the new road alternate black? That would be fine otherwise, because they should be wearing black if any alts at all, but having orange at home and black on the road is too Orioles. The Giants should only have a black alt and the Orioles only an orange.

Normally, I would I agree with the bolded statement, however I believe that the Giants orange alts are one of the best uniforms in the league. In fact, I think they look better than the O's new orange jersey. I think that the Giants should have two alterantes- one black and one orange, and the O's should drop their black alternate (I've never been a fan of it) and just have an orange.

And on a side note, back to the MLB Logomans by team, seeing the Pirates in black and red is incredibly odd. I know that they now have a black and yellow one, but I don't know what year they first used it in.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like "Giants" over a baseball as a primary because it's more or less what they've always done, and such a simple logo is just fine for them. However, I want the SF roundel as their only sleeve patch, because that "San Francisco Giants Baseball Club" one makes for a poor logo at a small size, and I hate any logo that has the words "Baseball Club."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The only thing I don't like about the roundel is the pile of gold they put on it. I've always maintained, since I was a little kid, that GOLD HAS NO PLACE WITH THE GIANTS! If the team ever does a redesign within the next few years, it would be essential to remove the drop shadow and gold from the color scheme. Still, it's far better than the primary sleeve patch.

I like "Giants" over a baseball as a primary because it's more or less what they've always done, and such a simple logo is just fine for them. However, I want the SF roundel as their only sleeve patch, because that "San Francisco Giants Baseball Club" one makes for a poor logo at a small size, and I hate any logo that has the words "Baseball Club."

I agree. The Giants ball is an underwhelming logo, but I don't mind it as the primary since it keeps with what they have always used. It looks terrible on a jersey sleeve, however. We went through this with the Orioles and Dogers - wordmarks don't work as sleeve patches, even if there is a baseball behind them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Donovan - Any plans to continue this? I know the holidays are a busy time of year... Just hoping to see some more!

Yeah...the last month and a half have been crazy for me and my wife...in fact we've been snowbound in Traverse City, Michigan for the last week. Driving back to the Twin Cities tomorrow.

I'll get back on this when I return.

• 2 weeks later...

OK...so, I have re-upped all of my MLB graphics. For the past month or so, I have come up with a standard sizing scheme for these graphics - 750px being the widest or tallest side of a logo - and have tweaked these things until my eyes have bled.

In a somewhat questionable move, I have removed the trademark symbols from any script or logo that is contained in a box, and represents a uniform element - for example, a uniform script or a sleeve mark. I have also cleaned up the graphics to fit perfectly centered within the boxes, and be a consistent height and width across the board.

Then, after coming up with these anal retentive standards, I realized that all of my PNG graphics were being saved at 751px, which made them skew a bit visually when added to the mothership. Crap. They are all 750px now; unfortunately, someone will have to re-up these to the site now that I've messed with them.

Here are the MLB posts so far (all updated):

The Giants' post includes the new alt. road jersey graphics.

Now, I'll begin adding more teams...starting with the Houston Astros I think.

Archived