Fox's MLB 2.0

Fox

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orioles- I wasn't too sure about the color change at first, but now that I think about it, I like the color change. I'm not sure if you did it purposely, but the uniforms and the color scheme are somewhat remincent of the St. Louis Browns.

mn-bw44h-5.gif

Mets- One word... perfect. I'd have no complaints if this is what the Mets come out with (I guess we'll find out in a couple days). Although, I'm not sure if they'll come out with an orange jersey since the Marlins just came out with one.

Speaking of the St. Louis Browns, It would be nice if you included a Browns fauxback from that era.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Thanks for all of the feedback, guys! I'm not sure when I'll stop and do updates. Before I update the Orioles and Jays, I want the new graphics to come out so I can use those. For the Mets, (and possibly the Jays) I will probably end up dropping one of the home alternate options. And I absolutely love the idea of a Browns fauxback for the Orioles, I'll be sure to include one in my O's update.

Red and brown Cleveland Indians concept coming soon, stay tuned.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Mets look absolutley spot on. I love the simple classy look behind it.

Baltimore looks amazing! The use of brown instead of black defintley stands out, and seperates them from the Giants. Great job!!

For Arizona, how about the brick red/ sand (goldish) combo you have at the bottom of your color templete? Red/ Black is good, must just makes me think of Cincy

DLWatt.png

For Arizona, how about the brick red/ sand (goldish) combo you have at the bottom of your color templete? Red/ Black is good, must just makes me think of Cincy

Don't worry, Arizona is staying with black, brick and sand. The red and black is supposed to represent brick and black.

Now onto the Indians. No Chief Wahoo. Red, brown, and cream are the colors. Check out the cap logo, the current block C with a feather logo from one of their minor league clubs.

FoxMLB2Indians.png

It might have some color balance issues... I wanted to keep them and equally red and brown team. Tell me what you think.

It might have some color balance issues... I wanted to keep them and equally red and brown team. Tell me what you think.

That's the issue. It's like the two colours are fighting for dominance. For example, the home has red as the main colour on the jerseys/sleeves, but then brown is full-force on the cap and pants (belt, piping socks). That being said, I particularly like this set, especially the colours and logos, but it needs to be more balanced colour-wise.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You surprised me with how how good brown and red looks. That red alternate is pretty good as well. However, I agree with BigBubba on the color balance. I know it's the norm to have darker socks and dark belts, but it really sets me off when I look at the primaries. I see red lettering, red undershirt, and red on the patch, but then there's brown belts, socks, and caps. I would suggest that you go with a red cap/socks for the home jerseys. Other than that, I love this concept. The new logos are simple, but good. Nice work.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

For the Royals, my main objective was to make them look less like the Dodgers, so I took many steps to try to seperate the two teams looks. Inclusion of yellow, double-piping, yellow on the hat, no uniform number on the front, etc.

FoxMLB2RoyalsSubmit.png

The Royals script was made by Bmac (long time ago) and the Kansas City script was made by Piratesfan16.

The untouchable Yankees set has been changed up. Made grey and white more of team colors than neutral. (Some grey at home and some white on the road.) Made the set look much better IMO. And finally dropped that hideous block NEW YORK script.

FoxMLB2YankeesSubmit.png

C&C

I've always loved the idea of putting the 'NY' on the road uni. Great job. I have a suggestion though. Instead of the piping being blue-white-blue, maybe try white-blue-white. It would create more of a uniformity with that alternate uniform(both having piping that's white-blue-white).

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I hate to say it, but I really don't like this concept. The double piping is a bit too much, and the bat on the "Yankees" script catches wayyy too much attention. I'm not really sold on the idea of having the "NY" on 3 jerseys, but perhaps that's due more to the history of "New York" on the road over anything else. However, I like the idea of a pinstriped hat and a navy alt. Perhaps a white alt (i.e. No pinstripes) would look good with the "Yankees" script along with a toned-down bat.

For the Marlins, the teal is back. The new scripts have potential, but they need to be cleaned up. Used a cap logo with the classic Marlins fish jumping around an M. All hats are teal crowned with a black brim. No black alternate, because as the Marlins have shown in the past, they can't be trusted with too much black in their set.

FOXMLB2MarlinsSubmit.png

Yes, I know the M on the cap and the M on the wordmark don't match, but many teams (my Red Sox coming to mind) don't have the letter of their cap logo match that letter on the script and, more importantly, it looks light years better than the new rainbow-abstract garbage.

C&C

My favorite concept of yours, hands down. Still, while I really think the cap logo has potential, the M is probably going to be too small on a cap. You're on a roll though, great job!

+1. Either go full-sized "M" (like their old ones) or no letter at all. Still a great concept, though.

Cleaned up the Braves set. I was torn between a home "Braves" alternate or a road "Atlanta" alternate.

FoxMLB2BravesSubmit.png

Although the Braves double-placket piping is classic, it makes it look cluttered with the tomahawk and the script and I thought it looked better with piping only on the pants and the sleeves.

Archived