Fox's MLB 2.0

Fox

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my third attempt at the Padres. Throwback graphics, throwback colors. Normally I'm opposed to the team name on the road but after seeing many San Diego script abominations and the fact that no San Diego script exists that would match the Padres one, I think they get a pass here.

FoxMLB2PadresSubmit.png

I think I finally got it right on my third try. Tell me what you think.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Wow, terrific job, Fox! One of your best - if not your best - concept(s). Bravo.

I was gonna say something like this until I saw that patch on the road alternate. :) Fix that up(make is brown like all of the others, but just outline it) and then it's you best concept ever. Seriously, you're on a roll with these concepts. Keep it up.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Thanks for all of the C&C you've given me, Piratesfan16 and BigBubba! You guys are what's keeping this series going. Now onto the Rangers. Using royal blue with a little bit of black, I cleaned up the Rangers look.

FoxMLB2RangersSubmit.png

C&C Please

*Also, I changed up some of the color schemes. Most notable: Twins went from red and powder blue to navy and yellow.

Nice job! Thought I feel that black could be a bit more prominent. Having 2 teams with a predominantly royal blue look might not be the best option (imagine if Texas and TO faced in your MLB with one wearing their whites and the other wearing their blues - believe me, Toronto has another one of these situations already). It would still look very good and black would hardly look out of place on a team in Texas.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Rangers just isn't wrking for me. The black doesn't suit their identity at all... it doesn't look bad, per se, but it doesn't properly represent the team.

When I think of that team, I think of their star logo, the Old West and the actual Texas Rangers. Blue/red, Blue/silver (like a badge), blue/tan, and a lot of other options before I'd pick black.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The Rangers just isn't wrking for me. The black doesn't suit their identity at all... it doesn't look bad, per se, but it doesn't properly represent the team.

When I think of that team, I think of their star logo, the Old West and the actual Texas Rangers. Blue/red, Blue/silver (like a badge), blue/tan, and a lot of other options before I'd pick black.

For this series, I plan on giving every MLB team a unique color scheme. This idea is based off of the MLB Color Game thread, started by KevinMets.

Here are the color schemes that I chose:

FoxColorGame-4.png

Sorry Fox, the only one I like here is the blue jersey. The road is kind of one-dimensional, dark-on-dark. Same with the home. If you went blue script, then white outline, then black outline for the home and road, then it'd be great. Right now, the black and blue clash big time.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Thanks for the C&C everyone. It's been a while, but I'm back with a San Francisco Giants concept. I've been a little busy because at the last minute I decided to participate in AnythingChicago and CapitalCanuck's Multi-Sport City Conctest. I submitted an Angels concept, which didn't get many votes, but I'm glad I made it.

Now onto my Giants concept. The Giants look has so much potential. If cleaned up, it could be one of the best in the league. I made the home uni plain white because I think it makes the orange outline on the script pop more than on cream. A cleaned up roundell SF patch is used on the home unis and I used one with a G from the Giants script in it for the roads.

One last thing- that second gray jersey on the bottom isn't really part of this concept. In light of rumors that the Giants may be adding another gray alternate for 2012 that would have an SF on the chest, I decided to make what it would look like if I was in charge.

FoxMLB2GiantsSubmit.png

Enjoy!

Also, I've made more changes to the color schemes, most notable the Rays and Twins. In response to why the Cubs aren't RWB, it's because I feel the Cubs don't use red prominently enough and that they are a classic case of an unnecessary RWB team.

It looks good and I agree about the white bringing out the orange more than cream, but the double piping on the alts in unnecessary and clutters the jersey up. Also, can you inflate the patches (I just wanna see how they look)?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Really good concept here Fox. Just a couple suggestions:

1) Like SFGiants58 said, there's the script arch inconsistency between the home and road.

2) Really minor, but the black jersey's patch blends in the with the jersey. You'd need a white outline.

3) This is more of an opinion type thing, but cream just suits the Giants so well. Doesn't look bad without the cream, at all really, but it looks a lot like the Orioles. Although, you kind of masked that by keeping the script black. Now that I think about it, the Orioles concept you had was brown and orange. Nevermind. haha

Great job on this. BTW, when are you going to start updating? It's not a complaint from me, but it really starts to get a little out of control toward the end. I'm starting over my MLB Series with this rule:

1) Make concept

2) Take C&C

3) Makes as many revisions as it takes until people say its perfect.

4) Make next concept

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Thanks for the kind word everyone.

@BigBubba: I forgot to keep a large copy of the patches. In paint I resized the original and used it on the jerseys and that was the end of it, however, neither of them are very difficult concepts and I could make them again large for show. Going forawrd, I'm going to show all new logos, etc along the side.

@Piratesfan16: My original plan was to update after I finished all 30 teams. Not to say that this is necessarilly the best strategy, but I usually want to work on new teams as opposed to updating, and the longer I wait, the more new ideas I get. However, thinking about it, the half-way point, which is coming up (after 15) would be a good place to stop and start doing updates. I know I have the list posted, but it is constantly changing. I actually have the Angels (already posted in the contest thread) and Red Sox concept (done before I even started this thread) ready, so I'll work those into the first 15, get my final C&C of the first half, then update, in the same order I started in.

*Also, some teams in which I feel don't need updates (right now, Royals and Mets are the only two that I can think of off the top of my head) I will not make changes to unless I get further C&C.

Once again, thanks for all of the comments on this Giants thread. With Christmas and a break in school coming up I should be able to make a good amount of progress in this series, stay tuned!

Archived