Fox's MLB 2.0

Fox

Going back a bit, I really like your work on the Marlins... you did a great job using their current script (which isn't bad except for the colours), but going to a much better colour scheme. I like that you used a lighter grey for the road jersey, too. The one suggestion I would make is to always have the marlin be silver. The one logo where it is teal looks a little strange to me.

For the Yankees, I like the pinstriped cap idea, but the bat definitely needs to leave the Yankees script. I think your idea to just leave it out completely might be the best way. The other jerseys all look great, though, particularly the blue road alternate.

On the other hand, I'm just not feeling the Rangers at all. I know you're trying to get away from all the blue & red teams, but the blue & black scheme just doesn't work with them. It doesn't look bad, per se, but it just doesn't match with their identity, their location, anything.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for an update. Stay tuned for the next few days, I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop my color-game element of this series. I want these concepts to be realistic. Some color changes will stay, but a lot of RWB teams are classic and shouldn't have their look touched.

But as I said, some color changes will stay. One of them: The Cleveland Indians.

While for this update, brown and red remains, I took a totally different approach. I wanted to give the Indians a "modern classic" look. I used a tweaked Wahoo logo by raysox and scripts creatid by piratesfan16.

There were a few things that I wasn't sure about. I debated putting the Wahoo logo on the sleeves but I thought it would be overkill and would clutter up the sleeves. I also debated whether or not to put uniform numbers on the front. I decided not to, but am starting to question this choice.

FoxMLB2IndiansUpdateSubmit.png

C&C Please. Next update will be a set of the new color schemes, so stay tuned for that.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Nice set. I would personally keep the colour game thread because IMO it opens up more creativity, but maybe that's also why my series has been pushed aside for the time being, if you get what I mean. Anyways, I'd put Wahoo on the sleeve and the "C" on the cap. I've never really liked Wahoo on a cap and I think their current cap look is fantastic.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I agree with BigBubba. I think the jerseys would look much better with Wahoo on the sleeves, while still staying classic with the "C" on the hat. The piping is actually pretty good. Although it's just a nitpick, a front number would really help out. Overall, another very nice set. Good job.

EDIT: I really think that "C/feather" logo you had would look great on the hat.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• 2 weeks later...

As I said, I am dropping the color game. I feel that it restrains me from using more colors for teams and it makes some teams look unrealistic. Of the updates, the only color schemes that I'm changing back are the Indians and the Orioles. Here are the direct recolors:

FoxMLB2OriolesUpdateSubmitrecolored.png

FoxMLB2IndiansUpdateSubmitrecolored.png

Now, I will continue to work on more teams in this series.

As I said, I am dropping the color game. I feel that it restrains me from using more colors for teams and it makes some teams look unrealistic.

I totally agree that unique color schemes can cause a series to slow down. I liked your other indians concept, but I like this one even better. I think that adding an alt hat with your c feather logo would look nice.

Oh, and the Os look fantastic as well. Nice work Fox!

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Took a while, but here are the Phillies. I wanted them to be a mostly maroon and white team with powder blue used sparingly, but I also wanted to bring back a powder blue jersey for them. I really wanted to use the cap logo with the star so I did so with the powder blue jersey. The two alternates are intended for use both at home and on the road, which is why I showed the maroon jersey with both pants options. Oh, and I wanted to simplify their primary logo, tell me what you think about it.

PhilliesUpdateSubmit.png

C&C Please!

Not a fan of the phantom scripts for the maroon jerseys. I do like that you got rid of the sleeve numbers.

It's a branding thing for the Phills. Pretty sure that script is only allowed to be red (in this case maroon). Look at all the jerseys and the merch, its always red. Just giving Fox some support as to why he chose to keep it that way. IMO I think it would look great! Keep up the good work.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Not a fan of the phantom script either, but if chrisCLEMENT is right, keep it (yet again though, it's only a concept, so if you don't mind it not being realistic, make it white). If you're going to make a powder blue jersey, I'd suggest making it throwback-inspired, with racing stripes and maroon cap (for the latter, not just for throwback purposes, but because a powder cap with a maroon brim would just look odd).

The reason for the "phanton script" on the maroon jersey:

Basically, I made the road and powder blue jerseys first, and the were both maroon scripts with white outlines. On the maroon alternate, I was going to do white with a maroon outline (essentially no outline) but it really threw off the consistency of the set, especially the piping pattern. Knowing how the Phillies right now always have their script red, even on red, as chrisCLEMENT mentioned, I decided it would be OK to go with maroon on maroon.

I'm normally not a fan of phantom scripts, but I thought it looked good enough here.

And to BigBubba, looking at it again, I think the powder jersey would be better with a maroon cap. It just has too much powder blue. I really wanted to put that cap logo to use, but it just doesn't seem to fit here.

The reason for the "phanton script" on the maroon jersey:

Basically, I made the road and powder blue jerseys first, and the were both maroon scripts with white outlines. On the maroon alternate, I was going to do white with a maroon outline (essentially no outline) but it really threw off the consistency of the set, especially the piping pattern. Knowing how the Phillies right now always have their script red, even on red, as chrisCLEMENT mentioned, I decided it would be OK to go with maroon on maroon.

I'm normally not a fan of phantom scripts, but I thought it looked good enough here.

And to BigBubba, looking at it again, I think the powder jersey would be better with a maroon cap. It just has too much powder blue. I really wanted to put that cap logo to use, but it just doesn't seem to fit here.

Those two things would make this set perfect. I actually like the maroon jersey as is.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Alright, thanks for the comments on the Phillies everyone. Today I'm bringing you three updates. The Red Sox, the Braves, and the Blue Jays. We'll start with Boston.

I don't know why I even attempted a Sox concept with green last time. Navy and blue are the Red Sox colors. I realized that the current Red Sox road uniforms are exactly what the Sox should look like on the road. Re-piped the red alt and gave it a red cap, which can also be used with the home white. Dropped the navy current navy alternate.

The green jersey and the navy jersey are both 'special event jerseys.' The kelly green one is the "St. Patricks/Earth Day/Celtics Accomplishment/Red Sox wanting to wear kelly green" jersey. I'm tired of seeing red socks with a jersey with green and navy with a cap with green and red. The reason for no placket piping on this one is that is simply does not look good over green.

The second one with the hanging sox logo on the chest is their "pro-combat" jersey if you will, much like the Miami Heat's black on black uni for this year. It would be worn sparingly throughout the year at home for big games. Hanging Sox logo with navy outline is primary logo.

FoxMLB2RedSoxUpdate.png

Next team: Atlanta Braves. Honestly, I think I pretty much nailed the Braves last time, other than removing the sleeve patch, Atlanta is unchanged. Just wanted to get my Braves concept onto the bigger template. Tomahawk A is the primary logo.

Bravesupdate.png

Finally, the Blue Jays. I took inspiration from their actual set that they unveiled, but twisted it with some things that I would like to see, like more powder blue and a maple leaf sleeve patch. The powder blue jersey is supposed to be a sparingly-used jersey, much like the LA Dodgers Brooklyn powders last season.

FoxMLB2Jaysupdated.png

C&C Please!

I think you forgot to post the Braves set and Toronto's description.

Anyways, I like the Red Sox. I've always thought that a red cap would go great with their red alts so they match (navy letters on red). I also like the idea behind the navy alt. It looks a little like a BP uni, bt I like it. As well, I'd add a red outline to the "Boston" script. I've been advocating that for a while now; you'd think I wouldn't need to see another comment to mention it.

For the Blue Jays, I think the maple leaf on the shoulder is unnecessary. It's already on the logo, so a third placement would be redundant. No big changes, but I like it.

It look like you mistook the Braves for the Blue Jays. Anyways, I love the Red Sox set, especially the red cap option for the home uniforms. Re-piped red alternate looks good. Not a huge fan of the road uniform, but taking the history and tradition into account, it looks good. Still, my own personal preference would be to at least add a red outline to the script. Everything else is just great. I like the throwback blue alternate. Back during my baseball card collecting days, there was a card from the 80's that looked just like your concept.

Blue Jays are PERFECT! Absolutely beautiful set.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Blue Jays look great but as BigBubba said, the maple leaf on the sleeve is unnecessary. I would also use the white front panel cap from the powder blue uni for the home.

For the Red Sox, I love how you brought back my favorite Sox cap of all time. One nitpick, why does the green uniform have a blue belt?

One nitpick, why does the green uniform have a blue belt?

Because some details that are so small, teams are not going to add another accessory for. An example of this is teams wearing their current helmets with throwback uniforms. While a green or red belt would fit better, realistically a team is not going to have a different set of belts for an alt used maybe once or twice a year. It's actually the same reason that the Canada Day alt has blue accessories.

And wow, I can't believe I forgot to post the Braves. I was moving things around before I finally posted it and must have deleted the Braves and the Blue Jays description. Sorry about that.

BUMP

I've thought about Toronto and the maple leaf on the sleeves more. I really want to have a maple leaf there. To avoid being repetitive, what do you think about removing the maple leaf from the regular bird logo?

BUMP

I've thought about Toronto and the maple leaf on the sleeves more. I really want to have a maple leaf there. To avoid being repetitive, what do you think about removing the maple leaf from the regular bird logo?

You're best off leaving it on the sleeve then. It (the logo) just wouldn't look right without a maple leaf.

Archived