Fox's MLB 2.0

Fox

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can i see some orange or more silver in with the marlins? i iknow people want to go back to the original colour scheme, but the jersey are missing a colour.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

can i see some orange or more silver in with the marlins? i iknow people want to go back to the original colour scheme, but the jersey are missing a colour.

I'm not opposed to adding more silver. Where would you suggest that I use more of it? (on a side note, that "silver" is the color of the road greys.)

and answering BigBubba's question, I found a similar fish on google images somewhere and repeatedly traced it and cleaned it up. Honestly, I don't know what those things are, and I didn't think twice to remove them. Should be an easy fix, though.

-----------------------------------------------------------

BUMP

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I usually hate concept where the teal is used with the new wordmarks/logos, but you knocked this out of the park. I like the logo(aside from the beard, haha), but mostly, I like the uniforms. The wordmarks look amazing on the black jersey. I honestly have no complaints. This is another well-made concept. Nice job Fox.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the C&C on the Marlins. I'm back with an updated Kansas City Royals concept. I've been really busy with school and sports (junior year is a pain in the ass) but I'm trying to find time to work on concepts still. So expect this series to slow down a little bit, but I still have full intentions of finishing the series, however long it takes.

Now, about the Royals. There aren't many changes for KC since my first concept. The biggest, though is the blue road alternate. This is the one I really need some advice on. What would you guys do. Also, do you like the crown I put on the cap logo?

FoxMLB2RoyalsUpdateSubmit.png

Decided to go no sleeve patches on this one, didn't want the KC with a crown to be overused, and I didn't want to clutter the already busy jerseys. However, the logo next to the cap logo that I have shown is the primary logo for this set.

C&C Please!

I love the addition of the crown to the cap logo. However, I'd go with single placket piping. As of now, it's incredibly busy, especially on the road. For the blue alt, I suggest making the piping and number white and perhaps make the "KC" gold.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm not opposed to adding more silver. Where would you suggest that I use more of it? (on a side note, that "silver" is the color of the road greys.)

and answering BigBubba's question, I found a similar fish on google images somewhere and repeatedly traced it and cleaned it up. Honestly, I don't know what those things are, and I didn't think twice to remove them. Should be an easy fix, though.

-----------------------------------------------------------

BUMP

on the other jerseys as a extra stripe or something could work.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Something about the blue KC alternate is bothering me. I think it's the number. Or maybe it's the logo. Or it could be that they're both on there? It's hard to put my finger on.

Honestly I'm in the same boat as you. In my head, the idea of the blue alt seemed great, but after I put it together and looked at it, there's something wrong with it that I can't quite figure out. I already have a pretty good idea of what the Royals will look like after my next update, in which I don't think I'll have a 'KC on the chest' style like this one.

i think whats worng with the KCalternate is the number. its throwing the whole jersey off. fix that and it'll be nice. have you posted the angels yet? if not i hope you bring little "a" back.

Decided to come with two concepts at one here, with the Rangers update and the Yankees update.

Lets start with Texas.

Taking Piratesfan16's advice, I used a blue script with a double outline, of white then black. Looks very nice IMO. For the primary logo, I decided to try just the state of Texas with the type of outlining that I am proposing. I am someone who likes conservative primary logos, so I think even without any script or letters, this one does the job. Also, I don't know why the cap logo is crooked in the corner. Don't worry, it's not that way on the actual jerseys. Oh, and I went with a black belt to differentiate them from the other royal-dominated teams in the league.

FoxMLB2RangersUpdateSubmit-1.png

Now for the Yankees.

My last Yankees set was too busy and it overused the NY logo. For this one, I cleaned up the piping, made the alternate cream but made the grey bat cream as well. And for the road alternate, I used the New York script. Primary logo is the current Yankees primary in navy. For a navy and white team, no matter how classic, a red and royal blue primary logo is inexcusable.

FoxMLB2YankeesUpdateSubmit.png

C&C please!

Rangers:

They look good, but I'm still not sold on the primary. I'd add something to make it more "unique". IIRC, your Angels concept had California with "LA" on it; it wasn't just California. A blue belt would've looked batter, but I agree with your decision to make it black. Practically, that was the right call to differentiate them from the Blue Jays and Royals.

Yankees:

I like all the jerseys except the pinstriped alt. The bat is way too big and distracting, and looks even worse since it's white (on white). Mu suggestion is to ditch the bat and possibly use it as an underline. Just a suggestion.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Rangers: That's looking good! The logo is jusssst a tad bland. Even though you already proposed not to, maybe try to incorporate the "T" into the logo somehow. Some other nitpicks are to add a little more black. Black socks and black undershirts would really make the script "pop" more. Like I said, they're just personal opinion, though.

Yankees: I agree with BigBubba. I would ditch the home alternate, although I like the pinstriped cap. The road uniform is very nice and traditional. The road alternate is pretty much perfect as well. I also like how you standardized the "NY". How could such timeless uniforms have such obvious mistakes? You have the Detriot Tigers home uniform and the New York Yankees home uniform both with two distinct letter marks. #RANT

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived