Fox's MLB 2.0

Fox

Alright, thanks for the comments on the Phillies everyone. Today I'm bringing you three updates. The Red Sox, the Braves, and the Blue Jays. We'll start with Boston.

I don't know why I even attempted a Sox concept with green last time. Navy and blue are the Red Sox colors. I realized that the current Red Sox road uniforms are exactly what the Sox should look like on the road. Re-piped the red alt and gave it a red cap, which can also be used with the home white. Dropped the navy current navy alternate.

The green jersey and the navy jersey are both 'special event jerseys.' The kelly green one is the "St. Patricks/Earth Day/Celtics Accomplishment/Red Sox wanting to wear kelly green" jersey. I'm tired of seeing red socks with a jersey with green and navy with a cap with green and red. The reason for no placket piping on this one is that is simply does not look good over green.

The second one with the hanging sox logo on the chest is their "pro-combat" jersey if you will, much like the Miami Heat's black on black uni for this year. It would be worn sparingly throughout the year at home for big games. Hanging Sox logo with navy outline is primary logo.

FoxMLB2RedSoxUpdate.png

Welcome to the light side.

Anyway, glad you returned the piping to the red alternate. I'm not sure how the second alternate will work on the field, but as a concept I love it.

spacer.png

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two more concepts to bring to you, the Padres and the Angels.

Starting with the Padres, I didn't change a lot. My last Padres concept was pretty strong. Went with only one cap, which is solid brown. Primary logo is the swinging friar, which is also on the sleeves of all jerseys except for the brown alternate. It didn't look good on that one IMO.

FoxMLB2PadresUpdateSubmit.png

My next concept is the Angels. While I did drop the color game concept, I still like powder and navy for them. The primary logo is the "California A." The current sleeve patch recolored looked pretty nice IMO so I kept it as an alternate logo. The navy jersey is intended for use both at home and on the road. At home it would be used with a white cap. Also, I made the piping single navy this time. And like the Padres, I kept the sleeve patch off of the alternate with a logo on the chest because it makes the right of the jersey look overcrowded IMO.

FoxMLB2AngelsUpdateSubmit.png

With these two posted, the only two teams that need an update are the Giants and the Nationals. After that, I will move onto the second half of the league, which I haven't attempted since my first MLB series.

C&C Please!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

The Angels navy cap has a powder brim, correct?

Both sets are good. As piratesfan said though, I'd at least try out the "SD" on the Padres' road.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Time for the final two teams that need to be updated, the Giants and the Nationals. After this, I will move onto the second half of the league. Let's start with the Giants.

Nothing huge here. Reverted back to cream and the current road script. Recolored version of the SF roundell is the primary logo.

FoxMLB2GiantsUpdateSubmit.png

Now, the Nationals. This Nationals concept is a complete overhaul from my last one. I actually think that the old block scripts were nice, they just weren't used very well. Once the 3D effect is gone, they look quite nice. I tried to incorporate gold, but honestly, it looked much better without it. Primary logo is cleaned-up version of original Nationals logo.

FoxMLB2NationalsUpdateSubmit.png

C&C Please!

San Fran: Looks good, but on the primary logo, there is an area in the interlocking "SF" that's white, not cream. I'd replace all the white with cream (on the logo) to make it pop more.

Washington: I like it. Putting gold in would've looked too unnecessary and forced, especially since the Nats are one of the teams that can best justify RWB. The scripts look a lot better without the bevel.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 1 month later...

After a month, I'm back with the Diamondbacks. This is the first concept of the second half of the league, so now it's back to originals. These teams I haven't attempted since my first MLB series.

For the DBacks, one change that you might now notice is the changes that I made to the fanged A, which is the primary logo. The first four jerseys are pretty self-explanatory. I went with a red brim for the black cap to make up for the lack of red on the jersey. The fifth jersey is a fauxback to 2001, where there colors were teal and purple and they wore pinstripes. It looked too good for me to not include it. It would be a special sunday at home alternate.

FoxMLB2DBackssubmit.png

C&C Please

My bad. I just thought the D-snake would look good on the black jersey.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Thanks for the positive feedback on Arizona. Now here are the Pirates. I didn't make too many changes to their uniforms, as I think their current set is a modern classic. The black alternate is intended for use both at home and on the road. I dropped all actual pirate logos, because the keystone P is the strongest piece of the Pirates identity, and all of their logos with forced pirate mascots just look goofy.

FOXMLB2PiratesSubmit.png

C&C Please

I like the Pirates. Try giving them a yellow cap on their alternate yellow jerseys. A yellow cap, with a black brim and squatchee with a black "P" should look nice. Would tie in nicely to the Clemente and Stargell days as well.

Archived