Fox's MLB 2.0

Fox

Pirates look great. Getting rid of the pirate on the sleeve is a big addition by subtraction. I do think the Pirates should go back to the vests though. It would be a unique look (I believe there are no teams with vests right now). Also, the black alternate seems to have the outline while its hat seems to be the primary (unlike the current alt hat which also has the outline). Is that intentional? To me, the whole alternate black set would be best with no outline, including the numbers.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pirates look great. Getting rid of the pirate on the sleeve is a big addition by subtraction. I do think the Pirates should go back to the vests though. It would be a unique look (I believe there are no teams with vests right now). Also, the black alternate seems to have the outline while its hat seems to be the primary (unlike the current alt hat which also has the outline). Is that intentional? To me, the whole alternate black set would be best with no outline, including the numbers.

I agree about the numbers, sort of. I think that the numbers and chest logo should have an outline, but only one (so it goes yellow-white, not yellow-black-white). That's the only thing that I don;t like about their set (minus the logos, of course).

Good job on the Pirates, Fox.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 2 weeks later...

Time for my next team, the Minnesota Twins. The Twins have always looked good on the field, but they've lacked consistency throughout the set. In this concept, I brought back road pinstripes, sharpened the shade of red, and made contrasting colors of word marks and numbers throughout the set. Home alternate is based off of the fauxback they wore in 2009. The cap logo now features the T from the Twins actual script. I went with one blue jersey, because two would be unnecessary. It's mainly intended for road use, but could also be used at home occasionally despite the Minnesota wordmark. When used at home, I paired it with the white pants from the home alternate because the red piping would match. Oh, and I wasn't sure what to do for the primary logo, so I took one of my favorite logos in sports history and cleaned it up. I took the Twins classic logo and recolored it to mostly RWB, but more importantly, raised the script above the baseball. Small change that makes a big difference IMO.

FOXMLB2TwinsSubmit.png

Hope you enjoy it. C&C Please.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I'm liking the Twins set. However, I'm not a fan of the cap logo. It's a downgrade from their current "TC" (which is nothing special IMO, mind you). I know you'll probably get ripped for including road pinstripes, but I liked how they looked in them.

Oh, and could you post a larger image of the primary?

I like the idea of a red cap alot, but I would revert to the old TC or use their M logo, which is nice IMO. Maybe a red jersey just to see how it looks?

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

This is a pretty nice concept for using their old home script, which I feel isn't nearly as good as the one they use now. I also dont like the cap logo (even though I did something like it in my series); I feel like the original looks better. Good set overall!

spacer.png

Nice job on the Twins. While I admire the attempt at the cap logo, I still agree with the others that the regular "TC" would look much better. I'm not a huge fan of the new shade of red. IMO, if I wanted to brighten up their uniforms, I'd add a red script/navy outline for both home/road. You could try that here, but I'm just not sure how that would look with the new shade of red. On the alternate, I see that you went with the road script for the combo that has white pants. I'd either make a completely separate alternate that says "Twins" for home, or just make one "all-purpose" alternate that has "Twins" on it and not "Minnesota". Other than that, no complaints.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Oh, and could you post a larger image of the primary?

Old logo vs. My tweaked logo

primarylogolarge.png

Thanks for the C&C everyone. I'll revert back to the current TC cap logo, but I'm opposed to dropping the red cap.

Still looking for a little bit more feedback before I move on, though.

One thing that's bothering me is that the underline of Minesota on the away isn't connected to the a in Minnesota. If you could have the tail of the a curve around to form the underline, that would be better. I like the Twins red hat too. It is a good compliment to the home set. That being said, I think you should play around with shades of white/cream on that alt home. Use the Phillies sets as an example. (They normally wear a red hat but their alt has a blue hat and instead of the home pinstripes, they have a shade of cream) Hope this helps.

On the alternate, I see that you went with the road script for the combo that has white pants. I'd either make a completely separate alternate that says "Twins" for home, or just make one "all-purpose" alternate that has "Twins" on it and not "Minnesota". Other than that, no complaints.

The alternate was really supposed to be a road alternate, but the piping matched up with the plain white pants, so I also added that as a possible combination. The white alternate with the red script is intended to be the Twins main home alternate, I just wanted to give the blue alternate at home as an option for occasional use. If anything, I'll just eliminate that option entirely.

Now onto two new teams. First, here are the Mariners.

For this concept I made some big changes. I brought back the classic Mariners scripts and logo, but used the current color scheme. Well... close to it. I lightened the Northwest green to more of a true teal and I eliminated silver from the palette. Only one cap for the M's. IMO, the only cap that they should ever wear is a navy cap with a teal brim.

FoxMLB2MarinersSubmit.png

Now onto the Cardinals. I actually made a significant number of changes for a team as "untouchable" as St. Louis. Firstly, I changed the shades of all three colors. I went from navy to black, scarlet to cardinal, and made the yellow more gold-ish. In addition, I added piping. A red alternate for the Cardinals really wouldn't work with the red birds, so I used the script without the birds and moved them up to the cap- a white cap with a red brim and button. I also gave the road cap a red brim. I know three caps for three jerseys is a lot, but all in all I though this was a good looking set.

FoxMLB2CardinalsSubmit.png

C&C Please

For St. Louis, the only thing I would fix would be to get rid of the black cap (and thus the black belts in the road).

For Seattle, I would get rid of the double outlines (so it's teal-navy on the primaries, navy-white on the home alt, and white-teal on the road alt).

I agree to get rid of the black cap. I have no idea why everyone thinks the Cardinals need a second cap, because the red one is good. Great job on the st. louis jerseys though, especially the red alt. Seattle looks fantastic, but I would ditch the outline on the home jersey and just use a navy font. Nice concepts!

Cohenj.png

Coming at you today with four new teams. The Rays, Tigers, Rockies, and Reds. Let's start with Tampa.

The current Rays set is generic garbage. The Rays need a total overhaul, and they really need to move back to green, a color that is now used by only one other team, the A's. I was originally planning on making the Rays powder blue and dark green, but when playing around, I actually liked lime green and dark green more for them. I reverted back to the original gradient scripts (recolored, of course) and the cap logo is completely new. I'm somebody who likes conservative primary logos, so the "Devil" Ray logo, which is also on the sleeves, will do.

FoxMLB2RaysSubmit.png

Now onto the Tigers. While the classic home white remains, I developed two alternates in the style of the current road uniform. I also standardized the D logo. The cap with the orange D is used for all uniforms other than the classic home white. Also, for these other three jerseys, I used the tiger head as a sleeve patch. It goes into the rotation as an alternate logo, as the classic navy blue D is the primary.

FoxMLB2TigersrealSubmit.png

The Rockies seriously need to make changes to their set. Drop the pinstripes, get rid of the black, and take the opportunity to own purple in Major League Baseball. Purple and gray was the color scheme that I went with. I went with gray scripts outlined in purple at home (over white) and white scripts outlined in purple on the road (over gray). The purple alternate is only a home alternate, since the piping would clash with the road pants. They do have a jersey in all three of their colors, so I didn't see it as an issue. I went back to the Colorado Rockies of hockey for the cap and primary logos. Looked good in purple, grey, and white IMO. Oh, also, the grey is darker than that of most teams.

FoxMLB2RockiesSubmit.png

The Reds are pretty self-explanatory. I dropped black and tweaked the primary logo. The red alternate is for use both at home and on the road. Nothing earth-shattering here.

FoxMLB2RedsSubmit.png

C&C Please!

Very nice set of concepts. Here are my comments...

Rays- Adventurous, but I actually like it alot. Daring color scheme pulled off nicely. Only complaint is that it's hard to read the script on the gray jersey, try making it dark green instead of lime.

Tigers- Nailed it. Perfect.

Rockies- Solid and much needed overhaul. Try making the white space inside the C on the logo look like a baseball. Just felt like you missed an opportunity there :)

Reds- Like you said, nothing earth-shattering. I like the removal of black. I think a white C logo would look better on the red jerseys, but other than that nice job.

Cohenj.png

Archived