Fox's MLB 2.0

Fox

Rays: Look great, but I'd lessen the slant of the "Rays" script or add a front number. As of now, it's very unbalanced.

Tigers: Look great

Rockies: My two suggestions would be to get rid of the white-on-grey (I know the grey is darker, but it still doesn't work IMO) and change the cap logo (as of now, it's a bit too "Cubs")

Reds: Perfect

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rays: I'm not really a fan of an additional road cap because of white-on-grey purposes, but eh, it's your set. Other than that, it looks nice.

Tigers: ^. Nice Job.

Rox: I feel like switching the colors of the home jerseys' scripts and piping on all sets might look better. I like the direction though.

Reds: Nailed it.

Good job again!

spacer.png

Thanks for the C&C. Now onto the Cubbies.

I brought back one of the old Cub logos, which I thought was the best that they've ever had. That's the sleeve patch for the home jersey. On the road, I brought back a much better Chicago script. I tried out front numbers, but they didn't look very good. I brought the Cub logo down to the chest and slid the Cubs logo up to the sleeve and it looked great to me. There are some inconsistencies within the set, but the "Blue Jays-esq" road look looked good to me. Also, an all-purpose blue alternate with single red sleeve piping.

FoxMLB2CubsSubmit.png

C&C Please.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Alternates look really good in particular. I like the cub as a sleeve patch but not on the front of the jersey, I would either leave that spot blank or try front numbers, whichever works for you. Other than that, nice job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I actually think the logo would work better than front numbers. The one thing I don't like is the sleeve patch on the alt. Two logos don't look good within such a small proximity of each other, especially on an otherwise blank jersey.

I actually think the logo would work better than front numbers. The one thing I don't like is the sleeve patch on the alt. Two logos don't look good within such a small proximity of each other, especially on an otherwise blank jersey.

I generally would agree with that, but the Cubs have seemed to prove otherwise with that look on their primary home jersey. Would you suggest moving the sleeve patches across to the other sleeve for the home and blue alternate?

I generally would agree with that, but the Cubs have seemed to prove otherwise with that look on their primary home jersey. Would you suggest moving the sleeve patches across to the other sleeve for the home and blue alternate?

Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Mariners: One of your best concepts.

Cardinals: Followed by your best concept. Seriously, if the Cards adopted your look, they'd be top 3 in MLB.

Rays: I like it. The colors are unique, but I'm jsut not a fan of the scripts. The only thing that made them OK was the gradient. Without the gradient, there's nothing appealing about the scripts IMO.

Tigers: Great job. I like the alternate home jersey.

Colorado: Beautiful set of jerseys. Don't like the cap logo though. It reminds be of the Cubs. The jerseys themselves however are just really sharp looking.

Reds: Perfect. That's your second best concept.

Cubs: It's OK. There's not much you can do with the Cubs without doing a complete overhaul.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• 1 month later...

Alright, so I want to get back into this series. I don't have much to post right now, so I might as well show you a Rays concept I made about a month ago. It's not that I necessarily didn't like the original Rays concept that I made, but I just wanted to take a different approach. I think that their current uniforms are so close but so far from perfection. Here are the simple moves that I made:

-Replaced the dark green with navy

-Made the yellow sun burst orange

-Got rid of the powder blue drop shadow from the script and cap logo

-One green alternate with a white script

I did keep Rays on the road. Tampa Bay is a lot of letters, so I don't mind it much.

RaysIdeaSubmit.png

This isn't a perfect look by any means, but it's a bunch of simple changes that could drastically improve the Rays uniform set.

What do you think?

I actually like this a lot. I actually prefer this over your other Rays concept, really simple yet original look for them, especially with the powder blue road jersey. I have always thought that light blue and dark green is an underused color scheme that really works. The one thing I would try is really make that blue part of the color scheme if you can manage it. Try adding accents of it to the home jersey and the alternate because it seems odd to have an adventurous powder blue road jersey without featuring it prominently in your scheme. Just play around with that and see how it looks, but really nice job on this set.

Cohenj.png

I actually like this a lot. I actually prefer this over your other Rays concept, really simple yet original look for them, especially with the powder blue road jersey. I have always thought that light blue and dark green is an underused color scheme that really works. The one thing I would try is really make that blue part of the color scheme if you can manage it. Try adding accents of it to the home jersey and the alternate because it seems odd to have an adventurous powder blue road jersey without featuring it prominently in your scheme. Just play around with that and see how it looks, but really nice job on this set.

Hmm. That might be your monitor. To me, that looks like grey. I actually considered a powder blue and dark green color scheme for them, and I may attempt another with that. The Rays are a team that could pull off a lot of unique color schemes and look great.. pretty much anything but navy.

Pounded out a couple new concepts tonight, the Dodgers and Brewers.

Dodgers are pretty simple. I got rid of the LA on the sleeves and gave all jerseys pants and sleeve piping. One all-purpose blue alternate. I added a white outline to the Los Angeles road script. The current road looks OK, but it needs a bit of white. The reason the roads that the Dodgers wore up to 2006 looked bad was not because of having a white outline, but because of the weird double outline and placket piping.

FoxMLB2DodgersSubmit.png

For the Brewers, I really didn't know what I was going to do. I was able to come up with a concept that I actually really like. I had already used a royal blue and yellow color scheme with the Royals, but I'll change them up during the next update. I was originally going to go with a pinstriped version of the home jersey as the road alt, but I tried a yellow jersey and liked it even more.

FoxMLB2BrewersSubmit.png

C&C Please.

Dodgers look solid, not much changed but the blue alt is something they should use often. Did you try white numbers on those? I know they always have mismatched numbers but just something to consider. Milwaukee also looks good overall, the only thing I would suggest would be to add an outline to the script on the blue alt, which looks pretty thin right now. Solid job overall on these.

Cohenj.png

Hmm. That might be your monitor. To me, that looks like grey. I actually considered a powder blue and dark green color scheme for them, and I may attempt another with that. The Rays are a team that could pull off a lot of unique color schemes and look great.. pretty much anything but navy.

Yeah, it was my monitor sorry. I do think the Rays one could use a second color, I think dark green and light blue would look good though.

Cohenj.png

Dodgers look solid, not much changed but the blue alt is something they should use often. Did you try white numbers on those? I know they always have mismatched numbers but just something to consider.

Actually there's nothing to consider. The Dodgers' red front numbers are an iconic uniform feature in baseball, right up there with the birds-on-the-bat and the Yankees' pinstripes. The front numbers should never be any color other than red, not even have an outline. Besides with white numbers they'd look like the Royals.

Archived