Fox's MLB 2.0

Fox

Dodgers look solid, not much changed but the blue alt is something they should use often. Did you try white numbers on those? I know they always have mismatched numbers but just something to consider.

Actually there's nothing to consider. The Dodgers' red front numbers are an iconic uniform feature in baseball, right up there with the birds-on-the-bat and the Yankees' pinstripes. The front numbers should never be any color other than red, not even have an outline. Besides with white numbers they'd look like the Royals.

Yeah, you are right about them looking like the Royals. I didn't realize that it was so deep in their history, but I did some research after I saw this and you are certainly right. My bad, keep the numbers as they are.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dodgers look solid, not much changed but the blue alt is something they should use often. Did you try white numbers on those? I know they always have mismatched numbers but just something to consider.

Actually there's nothing to consider. The Dodgers' red front numbers are an iconic uniform feature in baseball, right up there with the birds-on-the-bat and the Yankees' pinstripes. The front numbers should never be any color other than red, not even have an outline. Besides with white numbers they'd look like the Royals.

Their former AAA affiliate, the Las Vegas 51s, still use red front numbers, even on their blue alt:

Vladimir_Guerrero.JPG

That looks bad. A white outline would help greatly and wouldn't mess with tradition.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Their former AAA affiliate, the Las Vegas 51s, still use red front numbers, even on their blue alt:

Vladimir_Guerrero.JPG

That looks bad. A white outline would help greatly and wouldn't mess with tradition.

I actually tried a white outline. It's not that it looked bad, but it just didn't look like the Dodgers. For some reason, a detail that small made it look more like a batting practice jersey than a real alternate.

--------------

Also, the most helpful thread for doing an MLB series

^just wanted to put the link there so I don't have to keep searching for it. Update coming later, Get ready for green and yellow.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Five jerseys and six different looks may seem like too many. But if you ask me, you can't have enough good-looking uniform combinations. With the A's, I wanted to utilize all their good-looking elements. That means I have three jerseys with A's on the chest, but I kept the scripts around for a home alternate and the road primary jersey. Here's a rundown of the main changes:

-Went with a yellow-green-yellow double-piping style based off the placket piping of the current gold alternate

-Home jersey features classic hat, placket piping, and A's on the chest. The yellow alternate is an inverted version of the home white. The green jersey is all-puprose. I went with yellow piping and a white A to match the cap and avoid a piping clash with the pants piping pattern.

-Cream alternate with Athletics script and front numbers. Since a new pair of pants was needed anyway for the cream jersey, I figured it wouldn't be a problem to use single green piping. The cap is green with a yellow A, like their current road cap.

-Primary road jersey uses Oakland script. Solid green cap as well.

-Primary logo is A's in green outlined in yellow.

FoxMLB2AthleticsSubmit.png

I thought that the cream alternate wouldn't work with yellow and cream together but I actually love the look of it.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated for this concept, or any of the concepts in this thread. I'm looking for a lot of feedback as another round of updates are coming up very soon.

The cream alternate is my favorite of the jerseys in this set, I am surprised by how much I like the cream and yellow. The one thing I would suggest would be to not use the double placket piping on the green alt unless you want to use white. I feel like double yellow piping on a green jersey is a little too loud for a baseball jersey. Other than that though, really nice set here.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The cream alt looks better than I thought it would. I think the gold alt would look better with single green piping, as the white just clutters it up (that's probably the only flaw with their current set). Other than that, the set looks really nice.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 6 months later...

I'd drop the orange hat/sleeves/socks for the road grey. It just looks muddled and drab, IMO. Wonder what the blue alt would look like with orange accents? I dunno, just a thought. But I really like this. Glad to see more concepts in this series.

spacer.png

Reds - Have you considered replacing black with a dark blue (i.e. #0c2950)? Also, the primary looks odd with the new font.

Astros - The orange on the road doesn't seem to fit. Orange and grey together isn't all that good in baseball.

2zdohky.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Even though it's been a while, I really want to get around to finishing this series. The White Sox really stumped me but I'm ready to roll out with my newest concept.

For the primary home, I stuck with the current look which is solid. The home alternate is solid white with a white cap and white socks. While black socks are the better option full time, I wanted an alternate look where the ChiSox can really emphasize white. There is also a black alternate uniform which can be used at home or on the road. It has a throwback block Chicago script which I personally love. The primary logo is the baseball diamond with the Sox cap logo in the center.

FoxMLB2WhiteSoxSubmit-1.png

I'm interested to see what you guys think about this set. After this, I'm going through the league for one final update. Suggestions for any team's concepts are welcome.

As I said, I'm looking for feedback on all of my previous concepts for a final round of updates which will take place in a new thread. Here's a list describing how radically I plan on changing each concept along with a link to my most recent attempt. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Overhaul/Big Changes

Colorado Rockies

Minnesota Twins

Oakland Athletics

St. Louis Cardinals

Washington Nationals

Philadelphia Phillies

Texas Rangers

Kansas City Royals

Tweaks/Moderate Changes

Detroit Tigers

Houston Astros

Seattle Mariners

Pittsburgh Pirates

Cincinnati Reds

Arizona Diamondbacks

Anaheim Angels

San Diego Padres

Toronto Blue Jays

Boston Red Sox

Baltimore Orioles

Cleveland Indians

New York Yankees

Miami Marlins

New York Mets

Chicago Cubs

No Changes

Milwaukee Brewers

Los Angeles Dodgers

San Francisco Giants

Atlanta Braves

Not Sure

Chicago White Sox (Waiting for feedback)

Tampa Bay Rays (Not sure if I should go in the direction of my original Rays concept or my newer version)

C&C Please!

Archived