Roll Tide/War Eagle

DarkJourney

Missed it so I'm recording the 9-10 pm one on ESPN2 after the bowling green northern Illinois game. Can't wait to see this us Yankees don't fully understand southern football.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I hated Auburn straight through their whole run last season, but I gained a ton of respect for them after watching everything that happened to them. I really liked this 30 for 30 (off topic, what's ESPN calling this series now?).

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

I hated Auburn straight through their whole run last season, but I gained a ton of respect for them after watching everything that happened to them. I really liked this 30 for 30 (off topic, what's ESPN calling this series now?).

Just ESPN Films, I believe.

I liked this one, thought it was good. The people that they played calling into that radio show are freaking insane, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think they're just calling them "ESPN Films presents (title)". Or at least that's what my TV says.

EDIT: Beat me to it

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I think they're just calling them "ESPN Films presents (title)". Or at least that's what my TV says.

EDIT: Beat me to it

30 for 30 meant 30 films for ESPN's 30th Anniversary.

The films were so good they kept going beyond 30 films and after the 30th year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

My thoughts on the show from the perspective of seeing this stuff first hand....

- The radio show part was kind of interesting, because ESPN painted it as a neutral show, while it really tends to lean pro-bama. A whole lot of AU people absolutely despise Finebaum.

- It really is the total nutcases that call into Finebaum's show.

- Not everyone in the state of Alabama is a redneck. It's the 80% of population that gives the rest a bad name.

- Not enough time was spent on the fall 2010 smear campaign against Auburn/Cam. (I guess ESPN didn't want to focus on it since they were one of the major parts of it....)

The show was quite good in my opinion, but the whole pace felt kind of rushed, and could have easily been stretched into a 2 or 3 hour documentary that covered waaaay more than just the last two seasons, and touched on the rivalry in other sports (basketball, baseball, etc...), and even how it has influenced state politics.

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

I liked this one, thought it was good. The people that they played calling into that radio show are freaking insane, though.

something something something PAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLL /EDSBS Speak :P

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

And apparently, this is the last one for awhile. Which is a shame. These documentaries are (for the most part) fantastic.

spacer.png

My thoughts on the show from the perspective of seeing this stuff first hand....

- The radio show part was kind of interesting, because ESPN painted it as a neutral show, while it really tends to lean pro-bama. A whole lot of AU people absolutely despise Finebaum.

- Not everyone in the state of Alabama is a redneck. It's the 80% of population that gives the rest a bad name.

- Not enough time was spent on the fall 2010 smear campaign against Auburn/Cam. (I guess ESPN didn't want to focus on it since they were one of the major parts of it....)

The show was quite good in my opinion, but the whole pace felt kind of rushed, and could have easily been stretched into a 2 or 3 hour documentary that covered waaaay more than just the last two seasons, and touched on the rivalry in other sports (basketball, baseball, etc...), and even how it has influenced state politics.

I think it should have been 2 hours myself

And apparently, this is the last one for awhile. Which is a shame. These documentaries are (for the most part) fantastic.

I would like to see a real thorough one on Al Davis

"But PAWWWWWWLLLLL... it's a conspira-SAY! ROLL DAMN TIDE."

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

"But PAWWWWWWLLLLL... it's a conspira-SAY! ROLL DAMN TIDE."

PAWWWWWWWLLLLLLL

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Haha, what? Only 80% of your population is redneck... Well, that changes everything. I guess Alabama is not West Virginia South after all.

I'm guessing/hoping he said that tongue-in-cheek.

I still don't understand southern college football and I'm not sure I ever will. It's a weird, weird thing you guys have festering down there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I still don't understand southern college football and I'm not sure I ever will. It's a weird, weird thing you guys have festering down there.

To the majority, it's their main rooting interest. Until 1966, there was no unifying interest in sports (i.e. a pro sports team), so college football was their only interest. There wasn't Braves baseball or Falcons/Saints football to unify Auburn and Alabama fans, Georgia and Georgia Tech fans, etc. for the other 350+ days when a college football game wasn't being played.

I hope they re-air this at some point. I never did get to see it....

Archived