College to Pro: 2011 1st Round

Discrim

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's been a while later than I'd intended for this to come out, but I present you...

c2p2011rooks1.png

Last time out, I got a little flak for not making changes to any of the helmets...so, this time they've all been changed. And for those who hadn't seen the first C2P thread, instead of a more normal concept, where I'd only be concerned with what would look good on the field yet be distinct, I'm taking a player's pro and college teams and essentially giving them uniform swaps. I'll take a few liberties, but I'll attempt to keep both close to what that player has actually worn in his career. For example, a Dan Marino set would have the Dolphins set use Pitt's old striping, while the Pitt set would use the old helmet but could be based on any of the sets the Fins wore from 83-98. Anyways, enough talk, let's get it on.

Mark Ingram

c2pmarkingram.png

I was gonna use the A for Alabama's helmet...problem is, it looked too weird on a helmet. Then again, it also looked too weird flipped around. It probably should've worked, but didn't. Figured the cuffs and collar would be houndstooth for the hell of it.

Far as the Saints one goes, it's not like I had any other options.

J.J. Watt

c2pjjwatt.png

It should say Wisconsin, not Miami...I'll fix that later. Anyways, I figure this would be a good time to try out a Bucky helmet. As I didn't want to use black anywhere but the logos, however, the pants striping looks like the current pants, though thinner.

Badgerfied Texans...well, I'll forgive you for thinking I based this on the Deesrt Swarm instead of the Badgers, but I figured a red-white-blue stripe would be the best option.

Prince Amukamura

c2pprinceamukamara.png

Yes, even NU and the Giants' helms were altered slightly...notice an addition to the Huskers' helmet and a coinciding abscence on the pro side. Basing the Huskers on the Giants' homes would have had the same problem I ran into with Ingram's set: it'd essentially be the Giants' old red alts, except with an N where the ny was. Likewise, the stripes on the Giants' sleeves are red instead of white, otherwise there'd be complaints that it looks like the Cowboys' pre-80s blue jerseys. Basically, had to work with rather slim options here.

finally, Cam Newton

c2pcamnewton.png

I've known what this one was gonna look like since I finished the Miami set. If I'm iffy about the Auburn set, it's only because the Carolina Panthers' template is as true of a custom job as you can get in sports: it's perfect for them, but on damn near anybody else, it will look anywhere from funny to out of place. Your mileage will vary on how Auburn pulls it off here.

AU's style, by contrast, screams tradition. Something that the worst thing you can really say about it is you've seen it before, though you aint seen it on the Panthers.

Have your say. Hell, let me run an idea by ya...I'm considering getting back into the contest game. As in running one, which I used to do several years ago, rather than competing in them. Yes, sc49erfan, if you're reading man, the Discrimibattle may finally be coming back. I'd like to see what others would do with my College to Pro idea, or peripherally help me test out a few ideas derived from it.

edit: heh, since it seems nobody wants to say anything, here goes a poll.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

bosoxlover: Heh, I think I will when I do 2nd round rookies. Like I said, I'll take a few liberties here and there, some more obvious than others, and that state flag helmet is among the liberties worth taking :hockeysmiley: . For instance, what I'm planning for Charles Woodson...well, basically neither jersey will resemble anything he wore at Michigan or with the Pack...anyways, you'll see it when you see it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Fun idea! It's hard to comment like I normally would in the concepts board, though.

I'm an Auburn student, so it's always fun when people do concepts for us on here. You're right, the Panthers set looks best for Carolina.

Also, it's pretty funny how Nebraska and NYG ended up looking not so different.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

Archived