San Jose Sharks Number Tweaking

spyboy1

Inspired by snowcap30's great alternate jersey, I came up with two proposals for changes to the Sharks numbers on the back.

Let me know what you think!

shark-bait.jpg

JeffB

PS. Do NOT do a google image search for "shark bite". :shocked: Friggin' nasty and not for the weak of heart...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I like the shark fin better than the bite, the bite one looks more like a sun or something like that

Yea, I just banged this out in a hurry and saw the same thing.

If I get a chance I would go back and cut the number of teeth at least in half with the aim to make the silver and black outlines also be jagged. Problem was, photoshop rounded off the sharp points when it made the silver outline, which meant the black outline just had small bumps instead of pointy spikes like I wanted, so I make it even and the roundness of that arc suggests the sun.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

PS. Do NOT do a google image search for "shark bite". :shocked: Friggin' nasty and not for the weak of heart...

You ain't kidding! :blink::shocked: I've always been fascinated by sharks, partly because of that awesome power.

I like those shark fin numbers. That seems like the perfect "gimmick" for a third jersey that all teams seem to be trying to find.

I like the second one better, but I would like to propose a third: I think what would look best would be the 2nd one, but with more than one "chunk" missing. Maybe 2 or 3, which would look like the shark got the number with more than just one tooth.

hey spyboy, is there anyway you can change the baby blue teal to the teal i used on my jersey? i would like to try these out on the alt i made..thanks

Try this and see if the color matches yours. My home computer can be a bit funky when it comes to good color matching.

I also put some bite back into the teeth marks this time around. (pun intended)

sharknumbers.jpg

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

I liked the first "bite out" one better. I think the fact that it kind of looks like a sun works with San Jose's position as a sunny California team. And when you see it you do think "shark bite" first, not sun.

"I will never forgive Maverick for killing Goose"

what if you put the bite marks facing each other instead of them being both on the lower right corner?

ex.

#1 will have the bite mark on the right-side bottom right

#8 will have the bite mark on the left side lower left

sorry if i confuised ya

hers my concept with some tweaks and ur letters....

Sharks-5.gif

Personally, I like the numbers with the jersey, but I'm as biased as they come on this one.

What I don't like is that you reversed the black and silver colors on the arms and waist. It was perfect they way you originally had them.

Also, without an secondary logos on the shoulders, I definetly make them black again.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

what if you put the bite marks facing each other instead of them being both on the lower right corner?

ex.

sorry if i confuised ya

That's not a bad idea. But wouldn't that be a pain for the manufacturer, making two sets of numbers. What will happen for players who wear single digits? Make a third?

Granted the Blues had this problem right?

I saw, I came, I left.

ex.

sorry if i confuised ya

That's not a bad idea. But wouldn't that be a pain for the manufacturer, making two sets of numbers. What will happen for players who wear single digits? Make a third?

Granted the Blues had this problem right?

the isles did it too, for the fisherman unis...

it's definately possible.... not sure if i like the idea of chunked-out numbers, because i think it looks sorta minor leaguey... but it would definately be possible to make 2 sets of numbers.

i'd love to see how ebay fakers would screw THOSE up.

ex.

sorry if i confuised ya

Now I see what you're talking about.

Archived