Different templates on home and away uniforms

carlosgg6

I start this topic because im from outside the US, im a football fan but im my country everything is soccer.

One on the biggest difference between football and soccer uniforms is that in soccer the away and home jerseys are completely different, but in football almost always is just a color swap.

For example, Olympique de Marseille home, away and third. (BTW Great designs)

adidas-11-12-olympique-marseille-home-soccer-jersey.jpg

20100823113410641.jpg

olympique-de-marseille-away-jersey-2011-2012-29248.jpg

As you can see all the jerseys are complete different, but in football for example with the patriots, its only a color swap.

New%20England%20Patriots%2012%20Brady%20dark%20Blue.jpg

FF_68367_xl.jpg

Now, i thing that the Giants are the only exeption (Home stripe less, Away sleeve stripes), but do you know another exeption, NFL or NCAA

PS: I dont want to create a missunderstanding, i know that every sport have his own "rules" in uniform designing, and also im not saying that soccer is better than football.

Thanks

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas Cowboys would be the most notable example IMO.

Georgia tech football?

TCU's new football uniforms have different colorblocking home away and alt (neck, cap sleeves and number outlines).

As would the Minnesota Vikings of the '80s and '90s and early '00s.

As for college football, a few years ago, Bowling Green football would've been in this discussion. As for the present...look no further than the HBCU level. It runs rampid.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The previous Cardinals set, which had stripes and a flag on the sleeves of the white jersey. Also, you could argue the current Cardinals and previous Bills sets. Although the templates were technically the same, the colored shoulders on the white jerseys look out of place, as the home jerseys weren't the inverse with white shoulders.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think the color swap is the best method. It makes the patterns recognizable right away whether they are home or away. To me, the soccer pictures look like uniforms from three different teams that have similar colors. Whereas clearly both patriots jerseys are from the same team.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

May as well add the Wild to that, too.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 weeks later...

Technically, the Bears have a different template. The difference is slight, but there:

bearsdiff-1.jpg

The stripes on the home are outlined and the road stripes aren't. It's actually bugged me for a long time.

(Yes, I know most of the people here know that difference but I just wanted to get it off my chest.)

The Raiders don't have a different template (if you can call their unis that) but the road features numbers with an outline while the homes do not. The Dolphins have a similar situation, their home jerseys have striped cuffs while the road has solid aqua cuffs. There may be a few more minor differences like these, but none immediately come to mind

Archived