Arena Football League

dcameronh

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New KC Command jerseys:

IMG_9610.jpg

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the promotional materials for an Arena Football League team are shot outdoors?

There's a lot going on here, and I don't see a reason to like any of it.

Wordmarks of that size, and in a standard block font, are for college and below. You claim to be a pro team, you don't do that. Period.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

New KC Command jerseys:

IMG_9610.jpg

These are awful!

The red was really unnecessary, their black, blue and silver color scheme was already a really nice one, this is just unnecessary clutter. The red and blue bleed into each other and look really bad, plus it looks like they decided to slap two completely different jersey templates together and this mess was the result. Huge downgrade.

Last season's for comparison:

JJRAT.jpg

Not great but better then their new duds.

That's the new GT template that they dumped last season. Awful. I wish the Soul went back to their original font for the numbers that matches the name font

Do you have a picture of that?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

New KC Command jerseys:

IMG_9610.jpg

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the promotional materials for an Arena Football League team are shot outdoors?

There's a lot going on here, and I don't see a reason to like any of it.

Wordmarks of that size, and in a standard block font, are for college and below. You claim to be a pro team, you don't do that. Period.

Agreed. Not only is that template horrendous, but the red is a completely unnecessary addition.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I wish the Soul went back to their original font for the numbers that matches the name font

Do you have a picture of that?

IMG_20110605_175641.jpg

IMG_20110605_175854.jpg

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I have another one as well. The Orlando Predators have a new logo too.

orlando-web.pngOrlando_Predators_2011.png

And I noticed the Milwaukee Iron are now the Milwaukee Mustangs which has not been updated on the logo site.

Milwaukee_Mustangs_2011.pngMilwaukee_Mustangs_2011.pngmustangs-large.jpg

Since the Milwaukee franchise has dropped the Iron name brought back the Mustangs nickname from the 1990s, I wish the Pittsburgh franchise would adopt the nickname Ironmen. It's not likely to happen, since Pittsburgh debuted last year with the nickname Power, but Ironmen makes more sense to me.

Arizona updated their logo. They will have a new helmet design. I saw it will be black and black facemask. There might be a gold stripe on the front. I think I saw in one pic that both sides will have a different logo. The one side will have the R logo while the other side will have a logo that has not been officially released yet.

You can find the Talons jerseys at this website. http://www.sanantoniotalons.com/the-talons-jersey/

Always thought it was cool that Mitchell and Ness did their jerseys, like a instant throwback. I guess when Bon Jovi left they had to fall in use Russel jerseys.

Nike, then Russell Athletic had the contracts when the league went down and Russell kept it when htey came back because they supplied most of AF2.

Quick note: Mitchell & Ness did the on-field jerseys for the Soul and the New Orleans Voodoo in 2004. After that, both teams switched to Nike for two seasons, and then the Russell mandate took effect in 2007.

Now, onto the Talons:

RUSSELL-JERSEY-TALONS1-e1328149852483.jpg

1. That logo, or half-logo as the case may be, is just not good. It looks like a tattoo a castmember on "Jersey Shore" would get by mistake while drunk, then try to cover up.

2. That's the same mishmash template Kansas City's now using.

3. That's the same numeral font the Orlando Predators have used for the past couple of seasons. So I guess teams get their pick of this City Bold knockoff, the Georgia Tech reject, or standard block. Russell Athletic: Giving you all kinds of options.

4. Hey, Aaron Garcia is still playing!

Arizona updated their logo. They will have a new helmet design. I saw it will be black and black facemask. There might be a gold stripe on the front. I think I saw in one pic that both sides will have a different logo. The one side will have the R logo while the other side will have a logo that has not been officially released yet.

You can find the Talons jerseys at this website. http://www.sanantoniotalons.com/the-talons-jersey/

Arizona should just go back to copper helmets. Why they dropped a very unique, iconic helmet for an extremely overdone, generic black helmet is beyond me.

I'm not a Rattler fan but it still ticks me off.

niagaraq.png

Arizona should just go back to copper helmets. Why they dropped a very unique, iconic helmet for an extremely overdone, generic black helmet is beyond me.

I have actually heard that Zona will be going with TWO helmets this year. One black with the "R-snake" logo and copper with a new secondary logo.

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

I have actually heard that Zona will be going with TWO helmets this year. One black with the "R-snake" logo and copper with a new secondary logo.

Would prefer full time copper, but hey if that's true it's a start!

niagaraq.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the new Rattlers logo for this year. There is another one that is shown in the Rattlers new uniform thread here. Anyone got anymore new logos for this AFL year? Can we get a 2012 update to the AFL logos on the CCSL website?

rattlers-560x315.jpgArizonaRattlers.PNG

New KC Command jerseys:

IMG_9610.jpg

I actually don't mind the use of red here. It's minimal, but still sets off a nice lil' bit of visual impact.

But nevermind all that...when the heck did they become the "Command"? What was wrong with "Brigade"? (Not that it was that great a nickname to begin with, but it at least had s shred of uniqueness to them. "Command", though...just lame.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

New KC Command jerseys:

IMG_9610.jpg

I actually don't mind the use of red here. It's minimal, but still sets off a nice lil' bit of visual impact.

But nevermind all that...when the heck did they become the "Command"? What was wrong with "Brigade"? (Not that it was that great a nickname to begin with, but it at least had s shred of uniqueness to them. "Command", though...just lame.)

They scrapped the Brigade nickname after the league went under a couple years ago. I guess they wanted a fresh start with a new name/ownership when the league reformed.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived