Arena Football League

dcameronh

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cripes.

DavilaVsForce.jpg

Which team is in black here? The useless blue side stripe mis-matches right into the pant stripe. Take that side stripe out and it'll improve it.

That would be Georgia.

I believe that the VooDoo are one of the few teams with a single helmet. Too bad the unis suck. My brother-in-law works as an athletic trainer for VooDoo games (his employer in contracted), and he brought me a set of authentic helmet decals this past weekend. I'm pretty pumped.

I believe the current Storm lids are the only ones they have, unless they shock the world later in the season.

• 2 months later...

Cripes.

DavilaVsForce.jpg

Which team is in black here? The useless blue side stripe mis-matches right into the pant stripe. Take that side stripe out and it'll improve it.

That would be Georgia.

I believe that the VooDoo are one of the few teams with a single helmet. Too bad the unis suck. My brother-in-law works as an athletic trainer for VooDoo games (his employer in contracted), and he brought me a set of authentic helmet decals this past weekend. I'm pretty pumped.

I believe the current Storm lids are the only ones they have, unless they shock the world later in the season.

Barnstormers too?

Watching the Sabercats-Rattlers game. The Rattlers' home uniforms look decent in this horrible league.

Anybody up for an Arena Football concept series?

It's a late reply, but I did a concept for Utah: (Shameless Plug)

6873593740_5e19322d04_b.jpg

I decided to use all jersey ideas in order to see what they looked like.

It even got retweeted by the team's Twitter handle!

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Cripes.

DavilaVsForce.jpg

That would be Georgia.

Barnstormers too?

I don't remember the Sharks wearing anything other than their red helmets a well.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Watching the Sabercats-Rattlers game. The Rattlers' home uniforms look decent in this horrible league.

Anybody up for an Arena Football concept series?

I started one years ago, and keep adding to it when I have the chance. But every time I post a new concept that team gets shut down the next year, so for the sake of the league perhaps it's best if I dont continue! ;)

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• 2 weeks later...

I know this article is supposed to be about logos, but I think I have found an alarming stat.

"...the Rattlers stunned the Utah Blaze 75-69 Saturday night before 9,644 fans at US Airways Center for the National Conference champions."

Arizona Republic article

9,644 fans? Really? The arena apparently has a capacity of 15,505 for arena football.

Will ArenaBowl XXV even be a sellout!? It's decisions like this that tell me the Arena Football League's days are ending fast — though there might be hope for teams like Arizona, Jacksonville?, San Jose, and New Orleans? with decent ownership, fanbase or history.

And the kickoff time for ArenaBowl XXV is at a mystifying 9:30pm in New Orleans.

Given the turnouts by and large since the Arena League's reboot, I can tell you that 1) a crowd of 9,644 is on the high end of the spectrum in this era, 2) that number is probably grossly inflated, 3) good seats will be available for ArenaBowl XXV leading up to, right before, during, and after kickoff, and 4) if the costs get too high, we'll just have another fold/relocate/fire the whole team at Olive Garden 4 hours before the game cycle of events. Business as usual for this group.

Oh, and we're back to neutral-site ArenaBowls? *shakes head* That didn't work back when people actually cared about this league, much less now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's over (yay Rattlers!). Attendance: 13,648. That's about 3,000 under the New Orleans Arena capacity for arena football.

13,648!? Based on what I saw on TV, it looked like half that many actually showed up.

I wouldn't even say half! place looked empty.

I wouldn't mind going to an AFL game, Maybe I'll start goin to Rush games.

While it was a low number (and I don't think that many were actually there), it was more than most games have had this year. Many of the fans in attendance weren't even Soul or Rattler fans. As for the 9:30 start time. We got booted when NFL Network decided to show Tebow's preseason game. That was their time choice to show the game.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Haven't posted here for a while but I thought I would get some updates out that I have noticed recently.  The AFL has gone thru a lot of changeover in the last few years as of today there are only 8 teams left in the league.

National Division

American Division

The Spokane Shock moved to the IFL to become the Spokane Empire.  The Las Vegas Outlaws, New Orleans VooDoo and the San Jose SabreCats have ceased operations.  The Portland Thunder from last season have re branded to the Portland Steel.

http://www.lakissfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Primary-3-Color.png

On 2/26/2016 at 3:21 PM, BJ Sands said:

What's happened to this league is such a shame. 

I know, it's pretty bad when your defending champs, San Jose SabreCats, don't even make it to the next season to actually defend their championship.  Although the league did say that they may be back sometime soon with new ownership.

http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/a-footbl/spec-rel/111215aae.html

24 minutes ago, dcameronh said:

I know, it's pretty bad when your defending champs, San Jose SabreCats, don't even make it to the next season to actually defend their championship.  Although the league did say that they may be back sometime soon with new ownership.

http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/a-footbl/spec-rel/111215aae.html

"Soon"?  That was posted back in November.  I'm not going to hold my breath.

It's where I sit.

Archived