San Diego Padres Unveiling

larrypep

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why have double placket/collar (Love it, BTW)and sleeve stripes, and a single pants stripe?

Well it's technically not the multiple piping, usually triple, that you see on other uniforms. Those are basically two or three "strands" of piping right next to each other, or if there's white in the middle, a strand's distance from in between the colors. Here, what they have is the single piping in the usual spots, placket and off the edge of the sleeves. Then, they added it to the edge of the sleeves and the edge of the collar. So, it's really just kind of single piping just in a few extra areas. If they had gone with the usual blue/white/blue piping on the pants like other teams do, that would look off as well because each strand of blue piping would be much closer to each other than it actually is on the jerseys.

I overthink the stuff wa-hay too much.

Still the best Padres uniform: sets_to_throw.jpg

Which isn't saying much, and these needed to be worn with the pinstripe pants.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Why have double placket/collar (Love it, BTW)and sleeve stripes, and a single pants stripe?

I don't see any pant stripe in the above photo on the last page.

Needs more brown, yellow and orange

Padres fans disagree.

Ad2aWAgCAAAdWY-.jpg

Good point McCall. I can definitely see the piping as normal piping, but with piping on the edge of the sleeve, and on the collar.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Have at it folks. Here's your primary.

sdp-primary-2012-450x450.png

Why the hell do baseball teams think that logos look cool if something's incorporated in a circle? I find them to be shady and lazy.

I guess it helps to separate themselves from the San Diego Padres football and hockey teams...Just like looking at the twins logo I'd never know what sport they played

Padres fans disagree.

Ad2aWAgCAAAdWY-.jpg

Good point McCall. I can definitely see the piping as normal piping, but with piping on the edge of the sleeve, and on the collar.

I mean, it still looks a little awkward, but a typical 3-stripe piping on the pants would just look odd as well. That extra jersey piping does make it a little tricky to make the pants go with it, but dammit if that jersey piping doesn't kick @$$.

What I find funny is that if the primary was gold and brown everyone would be praising it.

Well coloring is part of the logo, so yeah, it probably would be the case.

Patch.

sdp-sleeve-home-2012-450x405.png

Any more pictures, post them up! I just pulled these from the main site and the Pads site.

The added weight on the sand outline and removal of white outline on the shape near the P and on top of the S annoys me SO much.

I noticed that right away too. It shouldn't have taken the designer who made this logo more than a minute of looking at this logo once it was near finished to notice the inconstancies.

It's a pretty nice logo anyway.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Padres fans disagree.

Ad2aWAgCAAAdWY-.jpg

Ah must be folded over in the dugout shot.

What I find funny is that if the primary was gold and brown everyone would be praising it.

Everyone who aren't Padres fans. Which is ultimately what matters since Padres fans are the ones who buy these things and watch them all season.

Patch.

sdp-sleeve-home-2012-450x405.png

Any more pictures, post them up! I just pulled these from the main site and the Pads site.

The added weight on the sand outline and removal of white outline on the shape near the P and on top of the S annoys me SO much.

I noticed that right away too. It shouldn't have taken the designer who made this logo more than a minute of looking at this logo once it was near finished to notice the inconstancies.

It's a pretty nice logo anyway.

It took me a minute to see what you guys are talking about, and now I can't help but notice it. Really takes away from the logo, as nice as it is intended to be.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived