WWE Network logo

1990hornet

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That logo's been overdue for a change for many years. The new one is...ok, I guess. Kinda lame.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

im torn. its not a terrible update. but its lost all the energy and attitude of the old. bank gothic being a great choice of typeface for that reason. its cold and corporate and almost too "grown up". its no doubt WWE though. its just "fine". nothing too drastic either way.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It continues to lack an "E". At least the old WWF logo made sense.

The "WW" logo makes as much sense for the WWE as using the letter "G" would for the Green Bay Packers. :rolleyes:

I respectfully disagree. One is an acronym for a corporation. An acronym that formerly used all three letters of the previous name in the logo until forced to change so clearly they felt it was important at one time. The other is a sports team logo. I think it would be more analogous to IBM suddenly reducing their logo to IB if they changed their name from International Business Machines to International Business Technology. It wouldn't be an unreasonable leap to assume they'd make it IBT and incorporate the T into the logo. But thanks, the unwarranted rolling eyes are always appreciated.

zzPEfBm.png

The "WW" logo makes as much sense for the WWE as using the letter "G" would for the Green Bay Packers. :rolleyes:

I respectfully disagree. One is an acronym for a corporation. An acronym that formerly used all three letters of the previous name in the logo until forced to change so clearly they felt it was important at one time. The other is a sports team logo. I think it would be more analogous to IBM suddenly reducing their logo to IB if they changed their name from International Business Machines to International Business Technology. It wouldn't be an unreasonable leap to assume they'd make it IBT and incorporate the T into the logo. But thanks, the unwarranted rolling eyes are always appreciated.

Oops. I must've forgot this: /sarcasm

6uXNWAo.png

Oops. I must've forgot this: /sarcasm

No problem. I assumed it was implied.

zzPEfBm.png

It looks like someone with no artistic talent whatsoever tried to draw the current WWE logo in just 2 minutes. The current logo may be outdated, but it's still remains a sharp, well executed logo and there's a reason why it's been in use for over 10 years. The new logo is just plain bad.

The current logo may be outdated, but it's still remains a sharp, well executed logo and there's a reason why it's been in use for over 10 years.

Ever thought about doin stand-up? ;)

The current logo is a bastardized version of what was the superb WWF 'Attitude' logo. This current one is a scribbly "WW". Ahh yes, "World Whatthefvck"! By far, the worst logo in "sports entertainment".

6uXNWAo.png

The current logo is a bastardized version of what was the superb WWF 'Attitude' logo. This current one is a scribbly "WW". Ahh yes, "World Whatthefvck"! By far, the worst logo in "sports entertainment".

So is the newer version that much better?

So is the newer version that much better?

It gets away from the scribble, so yes, it is better.

Is it great? Not at all. -- But it's a start.

6uXNWAo.png

Downgrade imo.

For years I thought they should've changed their logo, and they change it to THAT!?

I was oping for something NEW and original, something with an E!

Maybe if they didnt have the top of the w's end in point, it wouldn't have looked so bad.

Looks like someone typed "W" in matisee and thought it looked good.

Archived