NFL WEEK 10

DeFrank

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Bears orange, but it needs to be used in games against out of conference teams with poor records, not teams like the then 2-0 Packers and the then 6-2 Lions.

I whole heartedly agree. I can't understand why the organization felt it was necessary to wear the orange jerseys against their two biggest division rivals.

330zl3b.png

If there was ever a good reason to not wear white at home, we saw it in Cleveland yesterday. It allows the opposition to wear a mono monstrosity.

a1231d1b22e3081dec6ee0684511d95e-getty-132687563.jpg

10254868-large.jpg

Uglier than ugly. You can do so much with orange and brown. Especially on a football team when football is played in the Fall. Perfect Fall colors. This team needs an update. The fans need to except a new change. They have been rebuilding every sad season for the past 12 years. Change is needed.

In HD, the Falcons look like the browns.

Except for the red helmets and black jerseys. :blink:

The red looked orange in HD.

Not in the several HD views I got of this game at work, home, and on my PC. Just sayin'...

Little surprised no one mentioned the Bears' sleeve striping, unless it's been covered before when they wore the orange jerseys. The spacing of the bottom stripe was obviously off on many of the players and at first I thought that third stripe was on an undershirt and not on the jersey. Closer inspection revealed the third stripe is actually on the jersey cuff. Confirmed it on several other players and it's definitely on the cuff.

AdobeFlashPlayer11142011105824AM.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

If there was ever a good reason to not wear white at home, we saw it in Cleveland yesterday. It allows the opposition to wear a mono monstrosity.

10254868-large.jpg

Uglier than ugly. You can do so much with orange and brown. Especially on a football team when football is played in the Fall. Perfect Fall colors. This team needs an update. The fans need to except a new change. They have been rebuilding every sad season for the past 12 years. Change is needed.

I could not have said it any better. Change is needed to help turn around a losing mentality that this 12-year expansion franchise has suffered in its existence. I would love to see the Browns just wear the Brown jersey, but after this boring ass white season I am ready for a major change and not just in the players themselves.

spacer.png

Little surprised no one mentioned the Bears' sleeve striping, unless it's been covered before when they wore the orange jerseys. The spacing of the bottom stripe was obviously off on many of the players and at first I thought that third stripe was on an undershirt and not on the jersey. Closer inspection revealed the third stripe is actually on the jersey cuff. Confirmed it on several other players and it's definitely on the cuff.

The third stripe has been on the cuff for at least the past 7 years.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

10254868-large.jpg

I could not have said it any better. Change is needed to help turn around a losing mentality that this 12-year expansion franchise has suffered in its existence. I would love to see the Browns just wear the Brown jersey, but after this boring ass white season I am ready for a major change and not just in the players themselves.

I disagree.

I do want to see changes, just not drastic ones. While I'd be open to big changes, I don't think theyre necessary.

I, personally, love the white set.

The only changes I'd like to see to this set is the pants stripes flipped (brown-Orange-Brown), solid white shoes, and drop the AL patch.

I'd definitely love to see orange pants though...

|ย BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANSย |

ย 

Bears wearing their orange eyesore vs. division rival > Allowing the Patriots to wear their home gear on your own turf

As someone posted on the last page, the Jets wearing white at home vs. the Pats didn't seem to be a problem in 2009 and 2010. The Jets wearing white at home seems to only be a problem when Andre Carter finishes the game with like 32 sacks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

ย 

10254868-large.jpg

The Browns white-on-white is the real monstrosity here. They look like pumpkins and turds.

That explains it then. ^_^

Then I'll change my surprise to an organization that wouldn't correct such an obvious glitch in their jerseys. All they have to do is put the stripe at the top of the cuff instead of the middle.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

That explains it then. ^_^

Then I'll change my surprise to an organization that wouldn't correct such an obvious glitch in their jerseys. All they have to do is put the stripe at the top of the cuff instead of the middle.

Actually, the picture you showed doesn't look too bad. There are better examples. The stripes are equidisant on Gould's sleeves, but the top two stripes bunch together due to how the jersey is bloused at the sleeves

OldRomanSig2.jpg

In HD, the Falcons look like the browns.

Except for the red helmets and black jerseys. :blink:

The red looked orange in HD.

Not in the several HD views I got of this game at work, home, and on my PC. Just sayin'...

AdobeFlashPlayer11142011105824AM.jpg

It's been that way for the other jerseys too for some time. Look at Jay Cutler's uniforms. You only get to see it really on players who have the cuffs on the sleeves.

Go A's!

(SNIP)

The only changes I'd like to see to this set is the pants stripes flipped (brown-Orange-Brown), solid white shoes, and drop the AL patch.

I really don't get why the man who helped in The Move and then helped field such an underwhelming product should be honored by having his initials on the team's jersey sleeves. Sometimes, I think this is the entire Lerner checklist concerning the Browns:

6326095403_9e76e35364.jpg

(Comic Sans is intentional)

</tangent>

Anyways, I would now be open to seeing some kind of moderate change, maybe something that freshens up the look, like Buffalo Bills-esque helmet striping or a (slightly) thicker outline. Basically something that keeps the overall look, yet doesn't clutter or drastically alter it. You might end up with something like this if you go too far:

newuniforms.jpg

Everything that's wrong with any Reebok and Nike designs are found on that jersey. That said, however, I do believe that Nike will be smart about their designs (for the most part) once they take over.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Change is needed to help turn around a losing mentality that this 12-year expansion franchise has suffered in its existence. I would love to see the Browns just wear the Brown jersey, but after this boring ass white season I am ready for a major change and not just in the players themselves.

FYP.

But as to the substance of it, I could not disagree more.

I sat through a lot of very bad Packers football in the 1970s and 1980s. I'm very glad that they resisted the temptation to throw away their aesthetic history in a futile attempt to distract us from those bad years.

When the Browns return to their rightful place in the playoffs, they and their fans will be all the happier for retaining the team's real uniforms. Even if, or especially if, that takes many more years.

I like the Bears orange, but it needs to be used in games against out of conference teams with poor records, not teams like the then 2-0 Packers and the then 6-2 Lions.

I whole heartedly agree. I can't understand why the organization felt it was necessary to wear the orange jerseys against their two biggest division rivals.

>>>>>

Since when in our lifetimes have the Detroit Lions been considered 'biggest division rivals' of any of the other 3 NFC North teams? They're in the same division and that's it. While I agree with your point that they should be wearing their midnight blue against the Packers out of tradition, the Lions it shouldn't have mattered.

Teams have to choose their 8 game home color jersey colors for all games before the season starts. da Bears had no way to know that Detroit would be a surprising 6-2 going into that game, and they gave them a royal ass-whooping anyway. While I liked da Bears dark blue throwbacks with the orange numbers last season there's nothing at all wrong with their orange alternate jerseys. They still look like da Bears.

Cleveland has a pretty sharp looking Brown jersey. It would be a travesty if they put orange along the sides like the Bengals put white along theirs. I do agree tho' that the Browns white pant striping should be brown-orange-brown, NOT what they currently have, and they definitely don't need Carolina Panther or Denver Broncos styled pants to substitute their pants striping. Even brown-white-brown could be interesting, wouldn't mind seeing a concept of that.

What NOT to do with the Cleveland Browns uniforms, just look below

newuniforms.jpg

Archived