VICTORY!

habsfannova

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Naw, HockeyGods are totally traditionalists

so the "hockey gods" would reward a franchise formerly based in atlanta and possibly a team based in florida a trip to the stanley cup finals instead of either the rangers, blackhawks, maple leafs, red wings, bruins, or canadiens being there every year. i'm sure the 'hockey gods' vehemently opposed expansion into the oakland, st. louis, philadelphia, los angeles, pittsburgh, and minnesota markets. and the 'hockey gods' definately took a plop in their collective pants when buffalo, vancouver, washington, atlanta, kansas city, and long island had the audacity to even think about, let alone act on the impulse of joining their precious league.

you have a ridiculous argument, young man.

You have to think like notor for a moment...

- Hockey should only be played north of the Arctic Circle. Oh, yeah, and in Buffalo, the best city in the known universe, which deserves to have every major league sport and will not settle for any team that is "minor league."

- Lumberjack slashes to the face are just "part of the game" and should go unpunished.

Hm, only two, I feel like I'm missing something.

READ AFTER ME - nothing good has ever come from Don Cherry.

SPEAK IT, MY BROTHER!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm not getting into a debate about this again.

Buffalo shouldn't have basketball and I believe that is major sport. Moscow, why don't you worry about running the MLF because you seem to be putting it off to the side which a commissioner shouldn't instead of trying to start fights with me on anything I have to say.

Joel, I think if you would read. I'm against hockey in the south. HockeyGods are traditionalists don't want to see Hockey in Atlanta, Birmingham, etc. So you read first their son.

Mockba, good reply, not enough sarcasism in your reply though. Maybe that Jofa helmet is too tight on your head? :D

what if say 150 years ago, someone in New Orleans or Birmingham or whatever invented the game, built some indoor rinks and started a league, now known as the NHL... would Toronto, Boston and Montreal now be hated against cause they are 'northern teams'? LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with ANYTHING! Its the players, coaches, FAN SUPPORT, city support... and money... If your city has these, why cant you be a successful NHL city wherever you are? HMM?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

When Don Cherry uses the term "Hockey Gods", it isn't in specific reference to a team like Carolina. It's in reference to teams who have little to no fan support but go onto glory, like Carolina was. GET IT THROUGH YOUR THIN AS PAPER SKULL THAT SAN JOSE IS NOT ONE OF THESE TEAMS!!!

The Leafs fans I know are actually pissed off that Calgary made it, primarily because they are being a flash-in-the-pan. They are not going through the playoff growing pains that most teams require to become Champions. They are actually rooting for Philly or San Jose because they are probably the only two teams still alive that (they feel) deserve it for going through these playoff steps.

This Hockey Gods arguement you speak of has absolutely no evidence or support to it. None at all.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I believe I did. Roger update your fantasy teams instead!

You have no argument so you resort to a low blow. Reeaaaalllll classy.

Hey, at least people here like and respect me.

Oh wait, that wasn't very nice of me. Then again I'm only resorting to your level.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

ADULAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!

I saw the whole game last night (got in trouble with my dad).

I'm getting a red Calgary jersey soon (money permitting).

And man, the Sharks head office must be kicking themselves for giving up Kipper and Sutter.

How DOES a goalie go from third-stringer in San Jose to Vezina candidate in Calgary?

I dunno.

But huge kudos to the Flames, who beat all three divisional champs in the West.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

ADULAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!

I saw the whole game last night (got in trouble with my dad).

I'm getting a red Calgary jersey soon (money permitting).

And man, the Sharks head office must be kicking themselves for giving up Kipper and Sutter.

How DOES a goalie go from third-stringer in San Jose to Vezina candidate in Calgary?

I dunno.

But huge kudos to the Flames, who beat all three divisional champs in the West.

Your guess is as good as mine. And its not like Kipper didn't have a chance to be a #1 goalie. When Nabokov was in a contract dispute last year, Kiprusoff was to be the man. The Sharks knew he has the skill to be the goalie he is currently showning right now. He blew it out here and that slow start with Kipper and current backup in SJ, Vesa Toskala cost Sutter his job.

When Sutter became a GM, he knew he had to get another goalie with Turek out. The day after the Sharks-Leafs game, Sutter got Kipper for now looks like the steal of the millenium right now.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Roger, have you ever skated in actual hockey game? My arguement is for Hockey to be played only in the North not California, Florida...that's just my opinion and we're talking about the game. We had this discussion awhile ago.

Roger, does it matter what people that you will never meet or see care about you? <_<

Kippy needs another solid year before he becomes another Giggy

Playoffs are whole new season. Records mean nothing in the playoffs.

Roger, have you ever skated in actual hockey game? My arguement is for Hockey to be played only in the North not California, Florida...that's just my opinion and we're talking about the game. We had this discussion awhile ago.

Roger, does it matter what people that you will never meet or see care about you? <_<

Kippy needs another solid year before he becomes another Giggy

Playoffs are whole new season. Records mean nothing in the playoffs.

You DARE question a Cape Bretoner's hockey knowledge? HUH? That is STUPID! THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO THERE EXCEPT PLAY OR WATCH HOCKEY!

This proves your idiocy. Go home.

Archived