Mets 2012 Changes

erlovepuck

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I dislike nameless jerseys in any sport. They work for the Yankees, but I think every other team should have names on the jerseys. It just looks cheap to me to have nameless jerseys, like the high school jerseys which were passed down for 10 years. "You're a size 48? Okay, you get #17." While colleges, some high schools and even traveling leagues now have names on jerseys, there is something more "pro" about having your name on the back of a jersey, IMO.

On the merits of the Mets specifically going nameless, MLB block is too thin of a font and the jersey looks too bare without names, as did the Dodgers a few years back. The Braves' jerseys wouldn't look too bad nameless, but the Mets' do.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm cool with the nnob with classically styled uniforms...the trick is without the name is that the number needs to be at least 1-2" higher than if there was a name above it...I think the giants and red sox are good examples of this...on the other hand when mccourt had the dodgers remove the names they left the numbers in same spot which looked really cheap.

Agreed. I had the jersey done at the same place where the Mets/Knicks/Islanders have their jerseys customized. Discussed the number placement with the guy when I dropped it off. He knows his stuff.

Wait what color was it before? I can't believe I don't know the answer to that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wait what color was it before? I can't believe I don't know the answer to that.

Black. They did work in the offseason moving some of the fences in, so they're making the new outfield wall blue.

citi10955.jpg

Good to see the blue fences. The previous "soot" color was unique, but between the walls, the (empty) dark green seats, and the field's being enclosed by the CF scoreboard, the place always looked so dark and dreary.

Nah, I'd say it looks more like Coors Field or good old Camden Yards with the wraparound grandstand. Comiskey is much more streamlined, even with the neo-retro retcons (which I generally like except the ivy and especially the Fundamentals deck, which busts the really nice symmetry they had going).

I don't mind the ads at CitiField since they're so big and overwhelming that they become a part of the panorama. There's another famous location in New York that's noted for its unavoidable, larger-than-life, capital-of-capitalism advertisements, without which it just wouldn't be the same. I think you know what I'm talking about.

Yes, that's right! Yankee Stadium! wocka wocka

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived