Mets 2012 Changes

erlovepuck

I wish they would just ditch black in all aspects, and possibly use a blue jersey for the alt Instead.

Overall though, It's definitely a change for the better. So I can't complain.

I think they might eventually. Happy to see that they dropped the black shadow. It just looked out of place.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they would just ditch black in all aspects, and possibly use a blue jersey for the alt Instead.

Overall though, It's definitely a change for the better. So I can't complain.

The thinking is that they'll retire the black alt's for blue ones in 2013.

Based on the fact that they didnt bother to remove the sleeve logo off the Black jersey, it further proves that those jerseys are done after this year. Also proves that the other 3 jerseys wont have any sleeve patch after this season.

That proves nothing. They've had the club logo on the left sleeve for the vast majority of their existence. Why would this mean they're done after this season?

Also, I love them. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I can't wait to get my hands on a road gray.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Re-posting from the main MLB thread:

Sadly, the Mets missed a great opportunity here. This would be so much better on the road:

bzxqu.png

...with this hat:

mets-blue-orange-cap.jpg

No and no.

No and no? What is wrong with that?

I don't think that jersey could be the Mets new road uniform, BUT- the current piping pattern with that script, instead of the red sox font block New York. I'm not sure about that hat though. I don't think it would work with the regular roads but to go with an alternate jersey (blue or orange) it would look great.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Based on the fact that they didnt bother to remove the sleeve logo off the Black jersey, it further proves that those jerseys are done after this year. Also proves that the other 3 jerseys wont have any sleeve patch after this season.

That proves nothing. They've had the club logo on the left sleeve for the vast majority of their existence. Why would this mean they're done after this season?

Also, I love them. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I can't wait to get my hands on a road gray.

Removing the logo off the black jersey would make it an official change, and since the black jersey is only going to be around for this year and not after, it wouldn't make sense to go ahead and change it for one year, so just moving the 50th patch to the other sleeve was the easier move.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

The way they replaced the logo patch with the anniversary logo has happened before with the Mets. In 1994 they wore this logo instead of the regular logo patch for the season. The regular logo patch returned the next season.

1223.gif

mets.png

Wish the primary logo was on that left sleeve, and the patch was on the right sleeve. The Mets have a great logo. Keep it on there.

Edit: might have spoke too soon after reading erlovepuck's post

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Removing the logo off the black jersey would make it an official change, and since the black jersey is only going to be around for this year and not after, it wouldn't make sense to go ahead and change it for one year, so just moving the 50th patch to the other sleeve was the easier move.

I meant the other 3 uniforms...why would they not just go back to the club logo in 2013?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Metsblog has now posted an image of the plain white and road. Adam Rubin sent out the pinstripes version.

Edit: In the interest of not misleading anybody they still have the black alt so I wanted to add that image as well. Interestingly that's the only one with both the Mets logo patch and the 50th Anniversary patch.

Mets-2012-jerseys.jpg

1nto.jpg

Mets-2012-Black-Jersey.png

Beautiful. All they need to do is get rid of the black uniform and they have a great set.

Does anyone know if the pinstriped jersey is the official home jersey or officially an alternate? It really doesn't matter since when the pinstripes were the official home jerseys they were barely worn once the plain whites were unveiled. I'm just curious.

Does anyone know if the pinstriped jersey is the official home jersey or officially an alternate? It really doesn't matter since when the pinstripes were the official home jerseys they were barely worn once the plain whites were unveiled. I'm just curious.

I believe at this point the pinstripes are still considered the alternate, but I'm guessing that designation may change this season since they are trying to dress like the original Mets, who of course had no home jersey besides the pinstripes.

If I could have it my way, I would give the Mets the choice of wearing either the black or all-white alternate for a maximum of ONE home game per week, pinstripes the rest of the time. No alts on the road, and in fact I would like to see the all-white uni be phased out after the black is all gone. It just feels a bit "tacked on" IMO.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Re-posting from the main MLB thread:

Sadly, the Mets missed a great opportunity here. This would be so much better on the road:...with this hat:

No and no.

That's a fine enough BP/ST hat design, but the Mets only need one hat for games. That cursive New York script is so much better than the Tuscan lettering, which doesn't even match the cap monogram enough to justify it as part of a cohesive set the way the cursive New York echoes the cursive Mets.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived