Mets 2012 Changes

erlovepuck

Fantastic. My grandpa will be so happy to hear no more black. Older Mets fans generally hated it, I think.

It's interesting, the general consensus among Mets fans on the internet (myself included) seems to be anti-black, but most of my Met fan friends around my age (early-mid 20s) like the black, or even prefer it.

27 year old mets fan here that despises all elements of black in the mets scheme. and i still maintain that those that "prefer" the black look are those who want to casually wear the jerseys to bars, etc. solid color jerseys match better with a pair of shorts or jeans. which i get, but once the blue alt is part of the regular schedule, it will solve that problem.

and colorwerx, the unveiling is at 10AM tomorrow.

Well, at least one of my teams isn't unveiling a hideous jersey tomorrow ^_^

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic. My grandpa will be so happy to hear no more black. Older Mets fans generally hated it, I think.

It's interesting, the general consensus among Mets fans on the internet (myself included) seems to be anti-black, but most of my Met fan friends around my age (early-mid 20s) like the black, or even prefer it.

27 year old mets fan here that despises all elements of black in the mets scheme. and i still maintain that those that "prefer" the black look are those who want to casually wear the jerseys to bars, etc. solid color jerseys match better with a pair of shorts or jeans. which i get, but once the blue alt is part of the regular schedule, it will solve that problem.

Woot. 19 year old fan here who also despises all black in the Mets scheme, and whose 13 year old brother has at the top of his Christmas list...a classic blue and orange Mets cap. Teach them while they are young :)

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I think blue and orange look great with black and generally like all the black mets stuff. If I were a mets fan I would despise it, overall I think this is a great move for the mets. I can't way for the blue Alt in 2013!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Kinda ironic that the Mets are finally making it right the same day the Islanders are undoing all the great work they did making their uniforms right.

70389454.png

That's it? They removed the black, and everyone is hailing this as the best uniform change ever? They barely did anything. I'm sorry, but I don't see what's so amazing about them.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

That's it? They removed the black, and everyone is hailing this as the best uniform change ever? They barely did anything. I'm sorry, but I don't see what's so amazing about them.

Because they did everything they needed to do. They already had a great identity to begin with, which was unfortunately muddied up by the black. They didn't need an overhaul by any means. I'm glad they aren't overhauling. I want the Mets just like they're about to look. Blue and orange. Simple.

Kinda ironic that the Mets are finally making it right the same day the Islanders are undoing all the great work they did making their uniforms right.

crazy, isn't it? it's like one egregious assault on my team's identity is replaced by another.

for those interested, we'll be live blogging the 50th anniversary announcement from citi field on metsblog.com if you want to pop over.

sig2024.png

the unveiling is at 10AM tomorrow.

Can't seem to find it anywhere...

just heard from citi. live blog officially going up at 10:30. everyone seems to arriving now.

Great, thanks!

Given that the Mets felt this important enough to trot out David Wright you would think they'd put up a livestream or at least have some coverage of it on their website

mets.png

Hmmm...to skip my next class to watch the unveiling or not to skip? ;)

dude...it's almost thanksgiving. call it a holiday.

just heard from citi. live blog officially going up at 10:30. everyone seems to arriving now.

Great, thanks!

Given that the Mets felt this important enough to trot out David Wright you would think they'd put up a livestream or at least have some coverage of it on their website

it's on there, too:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=6350584

sig2024.png

Hmmm...to skip my next class to watch the unveiling or not to skip? ;)

dude...it's almost thanksgiving. call it a holiday.

Great, thanks!

it's on there, too:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=6350584

Thanks, didn't see it anywhere!

mets.png

I may be alone in this assessment, but I always got a "Gotham City" vibe (or NYC night--blame the Batman fan within me) from those Mets black alt jersey/cap combo and felt that it should've only been worn for weekend home night games.

That said, they obviously overdid/overused the black pretty much since its inception--and I say that as one who's always liked that black alt/cap (yeah, shoot me). The new stuff is much cleaner and more crisp, though I prefer the script "New York" to the Tuscan one.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived