Atlanta Braves changes?

simpsontide

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please, please, please let this mean that the red alt is now the dead alt.

Nope.

Ouch, he even killed the suspense for you.

I'm really curious as to what this secondary mark will look like.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

This might belong on the unpopular opinions thread, but I'm glad the red alt isn't going away. I think it's a nice look for the Braves, who have pretty much only had blue alts in their team history up until now. Say what you will about the alt cap with the A/tomahawk, though.

For this new alt, I suspect that they are fixing up the jersey numbers on the road alt by making them red. There has been a lot of backlash over the navy blue-with white outlines numbers, and rightfully so. If that's not the case, then I would love to see the Braves bring back the Hank Aaron 715-era jersey as a Sunday alt in the same capacity the Brewers have for their retro set. It was a unique yet still very classy design, and that white-paneled cap matched the contrasting sleeves of the jersey perfectly.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Looking on the mothership, all the Braves' 2011 unis (current, non-throwback) still have that "-Present" designator.

Throwing out ideas:

1) 1970-era throwback, white jersey w/blue sleeves, and the blue hat with white panel

2) Red hat with navy brim

3) New navy blue home alt with red Braves + red tomahawk, and red numbers

4) Some kind of alternate with no tomahawk

5) Light blue road alt with navy "Atlanta", fauxback to 1980s, to be used with all-navy cap.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I have no problem with the red alternate jersey, It's how often they wear thier Alt uniforms that bothers me.

The Braves have one of the best home/road uniform sets in baseball IMO, and its a shame that the organization seems to favor the Alts.

How so? The red alts are only worn for Sunday home games, and the navy away alts are typically only used once a week from my observation.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Correct on the red alts, but they wear the navy one whenever they want on the road. I believe in 2010 they only wore their actual road jerseys about 15 times. The Braves need to ditch both alternates along with the road and alternate caps, and make a navy alt "Braves" jersey with red letters outlined in white which they would only wear once per week. I would like to see that navy alt which would be their old BP jerseys with piping added, but the Braves' home and road jerseys are SO good that they need to be worn as much as possible. Anything more than twice a week tops is overkill for a Braves alternate.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived