Atlanta Braves changes?

simpsontide

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any clue on the new secondary? As far as unpopular opinions go, I really hope they don't get rid of the tomahawk-A. That thing is one of my favorite sports logos - so sue me. It sure wouldn't break my heart if they got rid of the reds, though. I have a love hate relationship with those jerseys, leaning more to the hate. Also, I like the midnight jerseys. They were top sellers according to mlb.com this year, so I wouldn't think they'd be on their way out.

Don't think it's gonna be a throwback as someone in the know mentioned in the megathread that it went with a current cap and pants.

Probably means a BP-jersey with piping. Sigh. I thought I'd like that, but now with the possibility of it happening, I'm not so sure.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Sure excited about this. Wonder if the new secondary might not incorporate the "Braves Country" moniker. Just a guess, probably wrong.

Red is my favorite color but the Sunday alt is a little too bright. And that's being charitable. If there is life outside our planet, Atlanta Georgia on some Sunday afternoons is likely a topic of discussion. Wish they'd darken it up just a skosh.

The all-blue cap looks alright, but I definitely agree with the sentiment of bringing back the red-bill for the road too. Maybe keeping the blue for ever once in a while, but not regularly.

This won't be an issue until well in the season, if it even comes about at all, but if Chipper Jones decides during the season that this is his last year, it'd be cool if the Braves honored him with a patch on the sleeve for the last homestand or at least the last home game.

Please, please, please let this mean that the red alt is now the dead alt.

Nope.

357ejkp.jpg

Good Lord - I loved that game.

:P

This game hurt my soul, I was present at this atrocity of a game. Anyway moving on to my Braves, I like the red alternate but it needs a white script on it as the blue makes it look muddled. As for the secondary logo I hope it has nothing to do with ATL, this is a baseball team and I feel that has no place in the MLB. Not sure what it could be but looking forward to it. Not a fan of the blue unis or the all blue cap, both of those need to go. Just red, white, grey.

I hope they go back to these nameplates:

Glavine4.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If they do introduce another alt, then I sure hope they ditch one of the red or blue current alts. It'd be a scary sight with 5 Braves jerseys in the rotation, especially given how infrequently the away gets used currently. It would be competing for even less time than it currently is.

There's a new alt, with a new secondary mark.

That's all I'm gonna say...

B)

Oh lawrdy. I'm glad that they aren't taking away the Sunday reds, thats become an ATL tradition just like Sunday Whites in LA.

Are they taking away a jersey or just adding another one?

Im nervous about what the new mark is.....it better not involve blue and a circle unless its a drum. All the Brave's marks are so classic and great. I'd hate for them to do something just to be "hip"

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Braves beat writer just tweeted me "think similar to creme throwback they wore at L.A. in '11"

That's really encouraging. Here's to hoping we're looking at the black-tomahawk script!

EDIT: Oh, and those gorgeous striped socks. I hope to see those too.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Braves have some interesting thing up their sleeve... or something like that.

Hmmm...

hank_aaron.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Braves beat writer just tweeted me "think similar to creme throwback they wore at L.A. in '11"

Well, that would explain the alternate logo (black tomahawk) and a current hat being used, but we were told the new set would be worn with existing pants. I don't think they would try to wear a cream jersey with white pants.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That's really encouraging. Here's to hoping we're looking at the black-tomahawk script!

EDIT: Oh, and those gorgeous striped socks. I hope to see those too.

If this tweet about the Boston Braves is remotely true, then can we assume new secondary mark is an update of old Boston Braves' Indian head? Or just an alternate Braves script?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived