Atlanta Braves changes?

simpsontide

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time the Braves unveiled a new alternate, nobody knew about it until they wore it on the field, so it wouldn't be shocking if this new one had a similar soft rollout.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, there was no real indication anything was coming, and then they went and showed up in the opener in the navy alts. If they are just tweaking one of the alts, they may just do that again.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Well that's stupid.

I agree. I mean, at least give us a heads up like "Hey yall, we're going to change some :censored: around, but you cant see it till the opener. Have fun speculating!" Would that be the ultimate blueball? Yes, but atleast we know something was coming.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Well we gotta look at it this way too...We are in the minority here. We are sports uniform nuts. Millions of other sports fans don't care. So while we wait to see if an alternate has piping or if someone adds a patch, most others won't even notice until someone mentions it. I want to know what my favorite team is doing just like everyone else. But a team doesn't hold out on showing their stuff off just to get one over on the CCSLCers. Nobody knew about Atlanta's last alt...chances are this next one won't be seen until it's on the field.

Well that's stupid.

I agree. I mean, at least give us a heads up like "Hey yall, we're going to change some :censored: around, but you cant see it till the opener. Have fun speculating!" Would that be the ultimate blueball? Yes, but atleast we know something was coming.

I don't really know how a POTD is selected, but I have to say that this one made me laugh just a tad.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully the number is just a bad photoshop, because the mismatched blue looks horrible (unless the wordmark is trimmed in black - can't tell. Either way that's sloppy.) If there's no front number or if the colors match, then that's not bad at all, though I don't like that they'll have two home uniforms that are so close to each other.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Weird... It looks like black piping and outline around the Braves script. But it looks like navy outlines on the back.

The rumor that I had heard was it was going to be worn with the home hat and an existing pair of pants. The jersey looks cream to me, so something just doesn't line up to me.

I'll reserve my final judgement until there's an official announcement and we find out everything uniform related, but I really think the Braves set has been going downwards and getting sloppier every year since they added the red alternate.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Hopefully the number is just a bad photoshop, because the mismatched blue looks horrible (unless the wordmark is trimmed in black - can't tell. Either way that's sloppy.) If there's no front number or if the colors match, then that's not bad at all, though I don't like that they'll have two home uniforms that are so close to each other.

The Phillies have two home uniforms that are close to one another too.

We have all seen enough of these to know that the photoshop jersey colors are not consistent with the real deal. This uniform is a throwback to the 60's era. Looks good.

Archived