Atlanta Braves changes?

simpsontide

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Francisco Giants

The Giants wear cream at home, which is brighter and less obtrusive than vintage white.

The Giants wear the same shade of Cream/Off-White as all of the other MLB teams who use/have used this color:

PTX_11-0701_TCX_SRGB.png

This list includes the former Arizona Diamondbacks (1998-2006), the Chicago White Sox throwback unis from 2006, the current Cleveland Indians (2008-present), the current Minnesota Twins throwbacks (2010-present), the current New York Mets alt/home unis (2010-present), Philadelphia Phillies throwbacks (2008-present), and the aforementioned San Francisco Giants home unis (2000-present).

All the same color.

Are the Braves going to use that color? Because from the picture, their jersey looks more like the gross, darker vintage white color that the NHL is obsessed with.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

San Francisco Giants

The Giants wear cream at home, which is brighter and less obtrusive than vintage white.

The Giants wear the same shade of Cream/Off-White as all of the other MLB teams who use/have used this color:

PTX_11-0701_TCX_SRGB.png

This list includes the former Arizona Diamondbacks (1998-2006), the Chicago White Sox throwback unis from 2006, the current Cleveland Indians (2008-present), the current Minnesota Twins throwbacks (2010-present), the current New York Mets alt/home unis (2010-present), Philadelphia Phillies throwbacks (2008-present), and the aforementioned San Francisco Giants home unis (2000-present).

All the same color.

Are the Braves going to use that color? Because from the picture, their jersey looks more like the gross, darker vintage white color that the NHL is obsessed with.

Again, all of the MLB teams who use Cream/Off-White use this color as a textile match.

It's a nice jersey, but I would be much happier if 1) The number font was the same as those on the Hank Aaron-era jerseys, and 2) The red jerseys were done away with altogether. IMO the red alts aren't bad, but these are definitely better.

As an aside regarding cream unis overall, the Twins need to make their throwback alt the primary home. The current home uni does not go well with Target Field, to me it just screams 'Metrodome.' There is currently not a single cream uni in baseball I don't like, but I think the Twins and Indians need to get rid of their home whites in favor of the creams. The Mets need to ditch their whites too.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

The Sunday red uniform and home white are my favorites.

I like the look of the new uniform too, but I'm not sure how I feel about having three home uniforms and the batman uniforms.

I might be in the minority, but if anything I would have liked to see the Braves drop the batman uniforms and all-blue caps. It hasn't looked right to me since they made the switch, and a navy blue alternate shirt with red numbers would be a better look.

I can get on-board with this alternate. Would love to see this jersey get used for day games, kinda like what the Phillies do.

The red and navy alternates can go find the nearest dumpster. Great batting pactice jerseys, but look lousy when worn for games....

I've always loved the red alt, especially since it's strictly confined to Sunday. The blue alt can burn in a dumpster fire, as far as I'm concerned.

I think the best strategy for a throwback is to have a home and road version and wear them for a long period during the season, like 3 weeks in June. Invite opponents to participate. When you do that, the fans can get into it and would be more likely to buy not only the jersey, but also throwback hats, t's, even jackets. The Braves did that in 99 or 2000, wearing the Aaron-era unis, home and away for 2-3 weeks and it worked very well.

Doing that, and leaving the throwbacks in that period only, would allow a team to reap the benefits of having that 5th jersey without it being overkill to an extent.

I'm being a lazy jerk and asking if anyone's found out what kind of socks/hat they'll wear with this set?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Are the Braves also changing the away jersey? They are no longer available online.

Don't read too much into that. During the offseason, a lot of teams' jerseys will not be available due to supply. Majestic isn't producing like they would during the MLB season. In about 90% of these instances, it is that the supply ran out and they'll have more in Mar-Apr-May.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I'm being a lazy jerk and asking if anyone's found out what kind of socks/hat they'll wear with this set?

I'm guessing solid blue socks and the standard home cap, because they are also lazy jerks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived