Fixing Under Armour

raysox

UA.png

Auburn | Boston College | Hawai'i | Maryland | North Texas | South Carolina | Temple | Texas Tech | Toledo | USF | Utah

Nike, Adidas, Under Armour. Which is the least professional?

Easy, UA.

So since they're bad at doing what they do, I decided I could help! Instead of piping to nowhere, random cuts, and stupid designs, I would actually make uniforms you would take home to your parents. I made a cut based off an ideas, kind of like a shoulder yoke in hockey. I tweaked and made some possible areas for design. I'll just get to my concepts. I'm going to go in order of which I do them, I have 6 done now, so I shouldn't have a stoppage till I'm done.

Utah

Actually, I love their set. I wanted to do a modern design for a team that doesn't have BCS history. I couldn't find their number set, so I did a similar non block number set. But the script matches the U in the logo, or at least I tried. On the roads, instead of white pants, I did red pants. It really could be interchangeable, but I thought a red pants set would balance off the white jersey.

Utah.png

I do like this concept series idea...however, doesn't your concept include some of what you stated to avoid...piping to nowhere and random cuts? The piping and patching you used is basically last year's South Carolina uniform without the shoulder striping.

Looking forward to the rest of these, because after experiencing Under Armour as a fan- I've become very tired of their apparel for fans and their products on field.

I hate to use my 500th post to defend Utah (ughh) but here goes. You stated they dont have BCS history. They've won 2 BCS bowls including an undefeated season and beating of Alabama in the 2008 Sugar Bowl. That was painful to type :wacko: Edit* I bet you probably just meant BCS conference though. My bad!

As far as the jerseys go nice job. I look forward to the other designs :)

Yes, there are still random cuts, but they are fewer and MUCH better looking than the current UA template. The template is definitely an improvement. I'm not sure how the yoke-style shoulders will look with the ever-tightening jerseys, but it should work.

To the concept, I like it a lot. It reminds me a bit of their 2007 unis, which was one of Nike's better generic templates. Utah's a team that doesn't need a lot of striping or piping, so I'm glad you kept it fairly simple. Only complaint is the logo above the NOB. Hate those.

Can't wait to see the rest!

I'm pretty sure UNT switched to Nike this year.

As for Utah, I don't see it. Yes, it's less cluttered, but it's lacks design, which is UA's problem (that and TOO MUCH design, i.e Maryland). I like these better than what they have now, but not that much of an upgrade if you ask me.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Auburn

I hope you didn't expect a while lot from the reigning national champions. Everyone knows that the worst part of the uniforms is that the pants striping doesn't match. Instead of orange/white/navy/white/orange on the white helmet, the white pants have orange/navy/orange stripes. Really pointless. So easy fix, I cleaned up that part, and that's pretty much it.

Auburn.png

Next is Toledo!

Ah, thanks for the heads up.

Toledo

To be honest, Toledo has one of the worst sets in D1. They have giant numbers, and a stupid design. I wanted to try some things with my new template. I wanted to do a hockey style yoke. I made the navy darker, and the yellow bolder. On the logo, I removed the script and kept the rocket, which really is a nice logo. The helmets have a giant rocket on them, motioning forward. A new number font, and a somewhat modern pants stripe. That should be it!

Toledo.png

Next is Hawaii.

Archived