Hypothetical NFL Franchise Rebrand

Claystation360

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I would agree with both. I would like to see the modern Eagles uniforms in the Kelly green and overall I like what the Seahawks have going it's clean and simply and works for Seattle but as for both teams could use some Silver back in some spots.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I'd like to see the Jets do something different.

I recolorized, in paint mind you, a while back the Jets logo in the same orange and blue color scheme used by the Isles and Mets and I think that would be cool.

I like when teams in the same city/area share colors like that. I think it's cool.

I like green, and don't mind the Jets shade. But I think orange and blue could be a nice upgrade.

2ly2w09.jpg

Legend- I like your idea in smaller cities and I agree mostly especially when the city colors are a match to the Mets and Knicks. But I don't think some teams that have proud and long history's with a curtain color scheme should give that up to conform to the rest of the sports teams in the city. Besides NYC that would be tough to do.

No, they are not and either teal works only for a few key teams/cities anymore and I wouldn't put phx on that list IMO.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Phoenix has a football team? I suppose next you're gonna tell me that the Raiders are moving back to Oakland.

The Rams need to return to this look. And the Steelers need to return to block numbers instead of that Futura crap.

1295502190_159305105_1-Pictures-of--Jack-Lambert-Autograph-11x14-photo-Steelers-vs-Rams-XIV.jpg

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I would like to see these teams do a major overall (I am in the minority and I realize it):

Kansas City Chiefs - Keep the red and yellow, but overhaul the logo and use a modern template.

Dallas Cowboys - Keep the current template, but color-coordinate the blues already.

Cleveland Browns - Keep the colors, update the look.

Cincinnati Bengals - Keep the colors, keep the helmet, lose the white under panels on the jersey.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Go back to the previous colors and template.

New Orleans Saints - Keep the colors, make logo bigger on the helmet, and color-coordinate the gold color already.

San Diego Chargers - Keep the colors, make the powder blue the home jersey, have powder blue pants and mix and match.

Seattle Seahawks - Add more neon to current set with a touch of silver.

St. Louis Rams - Go back to LA template with horns on the shoulders, lose the blue pants, and make the gold brighter.

spacer.png

I hated San Diego's updates to begin with, and they haven't, in any way, grown on me since. I'd love for them to make a few changes, preferably to an updated version of this set:

dan-fouts.jpg

OHTDD00Z.jpg

They just look better with a blue helmet, and I prefer this look over the (plug your ears, Lights Out! :P) powder blue any day. I think trying to base their identity off of the powder blue while trying to hang on to the current was a terrible mistake - the product was/still is a jumbled, inconsistent mess.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Phoenix has a football team? I suppose next you're gonna tell me that the Raiders are moving back to Oakland.

The Rams need to return to this look. And the Steelers need to return to block numbers instead of that Futura crap.

1295502190_159305105_1-Pictures-of--Jack-Lambert-Autograph-11x14-photo-Steelers-vs-Rams-XIV.jpg

You mean the Futura crap they're wearing on their helmets in this very photo?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Legend- I like your idea in smaller cities and I agree mostly especially when the city colors are a match to the Mets and Knicks. But I don't think some teams that have proud and long history's with a curtain color scheme should give that up to conform to the rest of the sports teams in the city. Besides NYC that would be tough to do.

No, they are not and either teal works only for a few key teams/cities anymore and I wouldn't put phx on that list IMO.

Teal is a very prominent color in Southwest and Native American culture.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

They just look better with a blue helmet, and I prefer this look over the (plug your ears, Lights Out! :P) powder blue any day.

BOOOOOO! B)

In all seriousness, I do like the Fouts-era look, but the powder blue is better hands down. It seems to me that a large majority of the Chargers' fanbase feels the same way.

10108445.jpg

natrone-means.jpg

GYI0059031992_crop_450x500.jpg

Powder blue is distinctive, classy, and the quintessential Chargers aesthetic, especially with the old yellow pants like Alworth is wearing. I really want to see the Chargers switch to something like this:

4yUgK.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Aside from the obvious Chargers rebrand idea, here's some general league ideas.

COLTS: Firstly, bring the blue facemasks back. They looked so much better than bland gray.

P_FT_H_F_AT_OL_Colts95-03.jpg

Secondly, bring back blue pants on the road.

237350_display_image.jpg

Finally, I might be the only one, but I liked the horseshoe with the number on their pants from the '80s. Bring it back!

LIONS: As much as I liked their BFBS uniforms, black just isn't working anymore in their identity. Bring back the Barry Sanders look (with updated Bubbles logo), blue pants and all!

medium_040804-barry-sanders-cuts-back.jpg

SEAHAWKS: Time for them to look like a respectable, professional franchise again.

2649837565_d433573b33.jpg

kennedy_celebrates.JPG

RAMS: No more dark, dull Arena uniforms. They ALSO need to look respectable and professional again.

st-louis-rams-robert-holcombe-45-skybox-metal-universe-1999-nfl-trading-card-43560-p.jpgst-louis-rams-ricky-proehl-21-skybox-metal-universe-1999-nfl-trading-card-43559-p.jpg

PATRIOTS: Late-'90s jerseys, 1993 pants.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Chargers need to ditch all this new crap and go back totally to the Alworth-era uniforms. Including the block numbers.

I also love the Fouts-era uniforms, and those would be good throwbacks. Or, in this era of wild and crazy uniforms, may they could be secondary uniforms.

As for other teams:

* I like the idea of the Jets going blue and orange, but I doubt it will ever happen.

* Please, please, please, Rams, go back to the classic look with the horns on the sleeves, and the royal blue and yellowish gold.

* I'd still like to see the Titans get rid of the thumbtack and go to something else.

* The Patriots went from a maniacal look in Pat the Patriot's eyes to Elvis' passe look in the current helmets. Find a happy medium and give Elvis a more fierce look. Oh, and trim Elvis' sideburns.

4yUgK.png

Take away those shoulder yokes on the home jerseys and I could easily "sign off" on those.

The Chargers have always had great uniforms and while I liked the navy blue set the best (i.e. the last set before their current), I prefer original AFL teams to look like they did in the AFL. They're probably the closest thing the NFL has to the NHL's original six or the AL and NL's original eight.

SEAHAWKS: Time for them to look like a respectable, professional franchise again.

2649837565_d433573b33.jpg

kennedy_celebrates.JPG

RAMS: No more dark, dull Arena uniforms. They ALSO need to look respectable and professional again.

st-louis-rams-robert-holcombe-45-skybox-metal-universe-1999-nfl-trading-card-43560-p.jpgst-louis-rams-ricky-proehl-21-skybox-metal-universe-1999-nfl-trading-card-43559-p.jpg

The first thing I thought of when you said "dark, dull Arena uniforms" was the KingDome era Seahawks. I honestly don't understand the sudden love for those and the subsequent hate for the current unis which... while not perfect... definitely do a better job of visually conveying the 'Hawks as "The Pacific Northwest's Team" than their old ones.

Archived