Hypothetical NFL Franchise Rebrand

Claystation360

I was simply saying that "if" keyword was "if" relocation was happen to the Bills. Which I am not saying I want to happen just if it did they would be perfect for a rebranding because the Bills name wouldnt really work else where. Btw rebranding is the purpose of this thread, not really relocation or getting into a pissing contest because someone still hates the fact we have an NFL franchise.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Or if the Buffalo Bills were to ever move to LV or San Antonio they could become the outlaws?

The guy from Jacksonville is suggesting a city that sells out EVERY game in BIGASS stadium should move.

Wake up, Jags suck... go to LA!!!

IT'S... NOT... HAPPENING...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL INTENDED TOPIC OF THIS THREAD...

- For those mentioning the Titans in a total rebrand, I attempted that once (shameless plug alert):

TENtitans_stylebook1.png

TENtitans_stylebook2.png

TENtitans_NPCv2.png

Don't feel like digging up the original thread over in the Concepts section, but these colors are pulled straight from the Nashville city flag; they'd also make for unity with Nashville's other major pro sports franchise. As elements of the Titans' logos already had cues from the Tennessee state flag (the three stars in the circle thing), I figured this look would be more representative of the team representing the capital city of the state it plays in, while still maintaining visual cues from that whole "Athens of the South" nickname attached to Nashville.

Moving on...

...In thinking about all this NFL to L.A. relocation, for a while I had the idea cooking in my head that, if the Jaguars were the team to relocate to L.A., that color scheme would seem perfect for a team named the Aztecs--only with red added, a/ because teal and red have not been seen in pro sports since the Grizzlies drank the twoblue Kool-Aid, and b/ since it'd still allow for some link to the team's past.

As for the topic at hand, another team that I believe could really benefit from a thorough revamp of their identity is, amazingly enough, the Indianapolis Colts. Now I know this is going to touch off many a nerve, as many see the Colts' look as "untouchable", and I don't disagree, except to say that, at least in my mind, nothing is untouchable. First, start with chopping the "polis" off the locale, resulting in Indiana Colts (much less of a mouthful to say), and second, I'd like to see if they could draw from the WNBA's fever and craft a cohesive identity using both the blue and yellow from the Indiana state flag (well, a darker blue, but no quite navy), while mixing in the brick red present on the Indianapolis city flag. I'd also like to see a more circular horseshoe logo (kinda like I did here--and obviously without the "I"), since Indianapolis IS "The Circle City", after all. And the other thing is that brick red could tie into the bricks present at the Indy Motor Speedway (Brickyard, anyone?), or if the team was to spin it right and give it an ambiguous name, it could also represent the crimson of Indiana University. Basically, why whole reason for thinking all this is to give the Colts their own look unique to Indiana, and even though it's been 29 going on 30 years, to separate their on-field look from that of the Baltimore version. (And, there's also this: one way or another, this team is already getting ready to experience a big-time transition phase, as the day that Peyton Manning announces his retirement--or that the team announces he's been traded, whichever occurs first--will be the darkest day in Indy Colts football history, instantly ending an era and beginning a new one all in the same. Perfect time for an identity overhaul, I'd think.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm not sure what exactly constitutes a 'rebrand', but I definitely wouldn't consider these as rebrands:

• Changing the color of a facemask.
  • Going back to a uniform worn at an earlier time.
  • Getting rid of a little bit of black in a uniform
  • Changing the uniform style without touching any scripts or logos.

I do think the Vikings need new uniforms, but I wouldn't really touch anything else, so I don't think that would be a complete rebrand. Same thing with the Falcons.

The most obvious need for a complete rebrand that I see is the Jacksonville Jaguars. There isn't one team in the NFL with a more lost and convoluted identity. The only thing I see going for the Jaguars are the unique colors, and an average primary logo. The rest gets really complicated.

eakbhfhxnv31fffgnct3ltlrd.gif

jacksonvillejaguars.gif

jacksonville.jpg

JacksonvilleJaguarsLogo2.jpg

Logo-jacksonville-jaguars-3974858-545-263.gif

Logo-jacksonville-jaguars-3974878-545-491.gif

598.gif

595.gif

599.gif

Teams with strong identities don't need to introduce new alternate logos and alternate scripts every couple of years. I see the Jaguars as the old Tampa Bay Lighting, with a bunch of different scripts and identities... Tampa Bay took strides to simplify things (while not everything ended up perfect, they actually have something marketable) and I think the Jaguars need to do something similar. Maybe not going 'old school', but adopt a new primary logo, with an alternate that matches it, and new scripts that are cohesive and fit the brand.

I think it starts with a new logo... the old one isn't bad, but a new identity will give the franchise a chance to start over. Pair it with a new script that fits with the logo well. Finally, get new uniforms. The tight fitting teal just looks awkward.

As far as other teams go, I think the next closest are the Cardinals, who need new uniforms desperately, and would look great with a more classic design. The Ravens are up there in terms of needing to rebrand. They also have a lot of different identities going on, and their uniforms are rather "meh". The Browns identity is also kind of iffy, and their lack of primary logo hurts their ability to market the franchise.

If the Jags ever moved to LA (not likely. My bet is they'll wind up in St.Louis), they should keep the name. A: because Jaguars actually roamed the region, and have reportedly been spotted returning to the SW recently, and B: they could create an incredible Mayan themed identity. Plenty of Jaguars in the culture, from masks to mythology.

If the Jags ever moved to LA (not likely. My bet is they'll wind up in St.Louis), they should keep the name. A: because Jaguars actually roamed the region, and have reportedly been spotted returning to the SW recently, and B: they could create an incredible Mayan themed identity. Plenty of Jaguars in the culture, from masks to mythology.

2 NFL teams in Saint Louis? As for the second part, I agree with you. I would keep the name Jaguars if they were to move to LA.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

2 NFL teams in Saint Louis? As for the second part, I agree with you. I would keep the name Jaguars if they were to move to LA.

Maybe he is suggesting that St. Louis moves back to L.A.

spacer.png

Archived