State Outline Logos

illwauk

Here is one more from Wisconsin:

braveslogo3.gif

That is when the Braves played in Milwaukee before moving to Atlanta. It should be nice to watch the same Indian laughing head over the... Georgia outline. :rolleyes:

That's nice, but do we know if it's from the period, or a modern creation?

Well, I found it just from the Sportslogo.net website.

http://www.sportslog.../team.php?id=84

Doesn't necessarily make it period. I'd love to see how it might have been used.

Let's ask Chris Creamer how did it reach his website.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres the islanders logo, long island isnt a state, but it should be

I'm from Long Island and I totally disagree. What benefit would Long Island get from being its own state, other than dumb machissimo bragging rights? I went to 2 SUNY schools for undergrad and grad, both "upstate" (continental NY)...I damn sure wouldn't have been able to afford them if I was an out-of-stater.

1095.gif

Awesome, somehow I've never seen that Colt .45s logo. I really dig it.

Also, I don't think anyone's posted this yet:

i1hg4sfdah9wfe51j88tqcm3k.gif

I did a parody of the Astros Texas outline for a blog called Astros County (a play on Red Sox Country) using an outline of Harris county, the county that takes up most of Houston.

Astros-County.png

I'm curious if there are any "tri-state" logos out there. I know the Chiefs had that midwest states logo but I imagine that there has to be another team with the cajones enough to claim mutiple states.

m_wi256-1.png

I guess I can add this since it's being used on an official university facebook page. :cursing: I'm still proud of it regardless.

No offense, it's great looking, but the last thing that university needs to be doing is introducing more logos and identities.

Kind of weird the university plays into that by putting that in their official facebook page... again, I don't mean to criticize the logo, just the university not sticking with a brand.

I did a parody of the Astros Texas outline for a blog called Astros County (a play on Red Sox Country) using an outline of Harris county, the county that takes up most of Houston.

Astros-County.png

I'm curious if there are any "tri-state" logos out there. I know the Chiefs had that midwest states logo but I imagine that there has to be another team with the cajones enough to claim mutiple states.

I remember the Carolina Panthers had a logo with the outline of NC and SC on their sideline walls for a few years... and I think I remember hearing their primary logo was supposed to be modeled off the shapes of those two states, but idk how accurate that is.

90758391980.gif

This is my favorite Wyoming state outline logo ;)

square.png

I'm pretty sure that's Colorado. ^_^

Isn't that the logo for the famed Rochester Rectangles from yesteryear?

Being a geography teacher, I hate to say it but there are no states shaped like a square. Turn your picture to more of a rectangle then you'll have the joke down pat. ;)

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

Being a geography teacher, I hate to say it but there are no states shaped like a square. Turn your picture to more of a rectangle then you'll have the joke down pat. ;)

Aren't all squares also rectangles?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I just asked my wife who happens to be a geometry teacher and she said that all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares since squares need to have for equal sides.

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

I just asked my wife who happens to be a geometry teacher and she said that all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares since squares need to have for equal sides.

Now that we've got 2nd grade geometry down pat, how bout we get on topic. :P

m_wi256-1.png

I guess I can add this since it's being used on an official university facebook page. :cursing: I'm still proud of it regardless.

No offense, it's great looking, but the last thing that university needs to be doing is introducing more logos and identities.

Kind of weird the university plays into that by putting that in their official facebook page... again, I don't mean to criticize the logo, just the university not sticking with a brand.

What's funny is, I posted a version of this logo that had the generic M that the school actually uses in the same place they stole this one from, yet they took the version with my M. They need to just hire me and let me show them how to implement a meaningful and CONSISTENT brand.

Isn't there a Twins Country logo out there somewhere with the Dakotas, Iowa and Nebraska in it? Or is that something someone on the boards made?

Did anyone know that the side outline of Minnesota makes the rough details of a face?

16kwcwz.png

Yes, although it's usually discussed more in terms of the neighboring state resembling a face than Minnesota's borders forming the negative outline of one:

wisconsin-map2.jpg

I always thought of it more as Wisconsin being America's second left mitten.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived