State Outline Logos

illwauk

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres the islanders logo, long island isnt a state, but it should be

I'm from Long Island and I totally disagree. What benefit would Long Island get from being its own state, other than dumb machissimo bragging rights? I went to 2 SUNY schools for undergrad and grad, both "upstate" (continental NY)...I damn sure wouldn't have been able to afford them if I was an out-of-stater.

long islanders have some of the highest taxes in the country yet we dont see a return on those taxes. alot of the money is used to fund upstate because the populations up there is alot less than down here. we have alot more people, jobs, tourism, we are the economic factory to new york state. when the state needs money, who is suffering.. long islanders becuse our taxes are already so high and we gotta cover upstate and they dont even contribute half the money we contribute. its all about seeing fair return for the amount paid towards the whole package. why does upstate and nyc schools get more aid then long island when most of the tax money comes from long island? and new york state politicians dont care about long island, all they care about is NYC and albany. if long island was its own state, taxes probally wont go down but at least all of the tax money would be used on long island and not throughout the whole state of ny.

and belive me, i know about suny schools, i go to farmingdale now because it was the only school i can afford. im thankful for suny school, but look what theyre doing..theyre raising tution every year for the next 5 years for IN state residents... why? why not raise all the out of state tution rates? new york state has a corrupt government and always will

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I'm surprised that there's never been any Pennsylvania logos. I mean, it's a rather square state, seems like it would be perfect.

But then again, the state is so different from one side to the other, that I guess I shouldn't be surprised that nobody has identified themselves using the entire state.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• 2 weeks later...

I really dig that ohio U logo.

Better view of Ohio U:

OhioBobcatdecalmedium.png

I've known of that logo for quite some time now and this is the first time I've noticed the hidden abstract football. If they went back to this, they'd have some of the best unis in college football from top to bottom.

Archived