NFL Week 11

nuordr

My wife and I clash on NFL unis all the time. I'm more traditionalist, she's more modern, typically but not as a rule.

Her favorite look is the Bengals' mono black. She also likes the striping/panels, etc. on the Falcons and Cards. I agree with your wife.

My favorite is the Giants' road unis. Which according to her, are boorrrrriiinnng. - I agree with your wife.

We're both big Pats fans. Every item I own has Pat Patriot, everyone she owns has Flying Elvis. As long as they win, we don't care.

Your wife seems like she has good taste, as far as being a traditionalist and modern they do say that opposites attract.

Did nuordr just admit to thinking like a girl?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife and I clash on NFL unis all the time. I'm more traditionalist, she's more modern, typically but not as a rule.

Her favorite look is the Bengals' mono black. She also likes the striping/panels, etc. on the Falcons and Cards. I agree with your wife.

My favorite is the Giants' road unis. Which according to her, are boorrrrriiinnng. - I agree with your wife.

We're both big Pats fans. Every item I own has Pat Patriot, everyone she owns has Flying Elvis. As long as they win, we don't care.

Your wife seems like she has good taste, as far as being a traditionalist and modern they do say that opposites attract.

Did nuordr just admit to thinking like a girl?

No, I admitted that his wife had good taste.

spacer.png

There's no reason why the Donkos couldn't add orange pants next year, especially with the white jerseys. That way the navy blue stripe will match up with both the white and orange pants.

I remember when they went to these uniforms in 1997...I believe the monochrome was supposed to be the primary uniform, until John Elway said there was no way he was wearing that clown suit on the field.

>>>>

I don't believe that.

I'm a very anti-monochrome football fan, but Denver's is one of the very few I actually like when worn on a limited basis.

There's no reason why the Donkos couldn't add orange pants next year, especially with the white jerseys. That way the navy blue stripe will match up with both the white and orange pants.

I remember when they went to these uniforms in 1997...I believe the monochrome was supposed to be the primary uniform, until John Elway said there was no way he was wearing that clown suit on the field.

>>>>

I don't believe that.

I'm a very anti-monochrome football fan, but Denver's is one of the very few I actually like when worn on a limited basis.

No, I believe this story is true. I've heard it a few times, and I remember seeing the initial press for this change with the mono up front.

>>>>

I don't believe that.

No, I believe this story is true. I've heard it a few times, and I remember seeing the initial press for this change with the mono up front.

I've read the same thing - that Elway and several of the other older players didn't like the monochrome blue. The temporary death of the blue pants was when Elway hurt his right arm in that 1997 pre-season game in Mexico City where they did try out the look. The blue pants were never worn again until well after Elway retired.

>>>>

I don't believe that.

I've read the same thing - that Elway and several of the other older players didn't like the monochrome blue. The temporary death of the blue pants was when Elway hurt his right arm in that 1997 pre-season game in Mexico City where they did try out the look. The blue pants were never worn again until well after Elway retired.

Just for the sake of verification, I also remember the monochrome blues being the default home set when the change was unveiled, and I remember seeing them in preseason. I'm guessing Nike had to create the home set of white pants after player complaints - I don't think they were part of the initial set.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is a beautiful looking matchup

77738bbbf654603bd49727e104bca0c9-getty-133591031.jpg

Indeed, but it should be in Dallas like that, and Skins in the white on burgundy, with Dallas in the blue tops in DC.

And how many time has a Skins FG kicker missed a winning FG at home against Dallas?

Seems like every few games it happens.

Sigh.

sig-1.png

I just can't hate the monochrome blue Rams. I like the look.

Also, I really miss infrared's weekly best and worst. I legit looked forward to it every Sunday.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I just can't hate the monochrome blue Rams. I like the look.

Also, I really miss infrared's weekly best and worst. I legit looked forward to it every Sunday.

agreed. i just thought about this today while watching the Packer game. i wondered if it would be the best on his list if he still did it

St. Louis is wearing this monstrosity today:

Antone+Smith+Atlanta+Falcons+v+St+Louis+Rams+ZjbP3vXgNJ5l.jpg

Imo, Rams need to stick with the blue pants on the road and the white pants at home. And, fix the stripes on both sets to match a little bit better.

Stick with the gold at home and throw the whites in the trash.

Today's Top 3 Looks:

1. Bengals vs Ravens

2. Titans vs Falcons

3. Eagles vs Giants

Today Worst Looking Game:

Cowboys vs Redskins Because the different blues for Dallas and no gold pants for the Skins.

spacer.png

Archived