MLS in the South East.

fumbler

@ pmoehrin FIFA rules state that clubs must play in a league within thier own country, FIFA governs all leagues that come under the FIFA banner. USA comes under the FIFA banner therefore must comply with FIFA regulations, no matter how much you distrust them.

Like I said enforce the rule and lose your only North American soccer league outside of Mexico as well as potentially risk going to international court challenging that rule.

If your not in a position to actually enforce your rule, then its not a rule.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That planned Silverbacks Stadium looks good, i like the boutique arenas and stadiums around 20,000.

@ pmoehrin FIFA rules state that clubs must play in a league within thier own country, FIFA governs all leagues that come under the FIFA banner. USA comes under the FIFA banner therefore must comply with FIFA regulations, no matter how much you distrust them.

So Swansea and Cardiff need to leave the Premiership/Football League, Wellington has to leave the A-League, and Vaduz and all have to leave the Swiss system. Got it.

LvZYtbZ.png

That planned Silverbacks Stadium looks good, i like the boutique arenas and stadiums around 20,000.

So Swansea and Cardiff need to leave the Premiership/Football League, Wellington has to leave the A-League, and Vaduz and all have to leave the Swiss system. Got it.

Yeh i said that

@ pmoehrin that's always the answer with certain groups isn't it. Also there are plenty of Football leagues in the CONCACAF besides Mexico, the US has nearly 1 million juniors playing the game and Canada has almost 1 million Adults and juniors playing the game outside of the MLS.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I was wondering how this applied to Swansea. Wales and England are separate countries in the eyes of FIFA, but at least they're under the same government. Perhaps they make an exception for Canada because of the long tradition of Canadian participation in American leagues?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeh i said that

@ pmoehrin that's always the answer with certain groups isn't it. Also there are plenty of Football leagues in the CONCACAF besides Mexico, the US has nearly 1 million juniors playing the game and Canada has almost 1 million Adults and juniors playing the game outside of the MLS.

I don't see FIFA going back to what they had in the 80's and early 90's without the MLS or NASL. You don't mess with an established league like the MLS because they decided to go against a rule you have primarily set up to prevent leagues like the Premeirship from entering into Spain.

As far as that being the answer with certain groups, that's just law 101. Any legal scholar in the world will tell you a law that can't be enforced is meaningless. Just because its written down doesen't mean jack if you can't follow up on it.

My lack of living in ATL for the last 2 years is about to show, fair warning.

I want to say that KSU's was build to be expanded (BraveBird, as our resident Owl maybe you could help out here). So I dont think that would be to much of a stretch to do, specially with KSU getting football they'd prob like to be able to pull more than 8,700 for a game.

As for the Silverback park I remember those plans being there (Btw, are those palm tree's in that rendering by the gate? Really?) But the orginization has never been stable if i remember correctly, plus its a pain to get to that stadium.

Idealy if they just wanted a entirely new stadium I'd say Roswell or "retta would be their best bet. The 400 corridor is exponentially expanding with Windmere Parkway being the hot spot as of late. Maybe grab a spot around there.

Any new soccer stadium would succeed best in Gwinnexico, like up somewhat near the Gwinnett Braves stadium or somewhere around Pleasant Hill.

Besides...I don't want a sports venue anywhere near where I live.

And the Berwick Rangers who play in the Scottish system.

I think FIFA rules also say a thing or two about bribery and we've seen how those get enforced. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think if Canada ever had a population increase to where they could support their own domestic league of 12+ teams, FIFA would probably make the "play in a league in your own country thing" a bigger deal.

Also, in a pipedream, I thought a Memphis team could play in a new on-campus stadium the University of Memphis thought about building a few years ago. That was cancelled, so it remains a dream. The Liberty Bowl won't work...when the old Rogues played there corner kicks were tkaen with a wall literally right behind the player.

I could see Nashville working if Bud Adams was involved. LP Field has hosted a few national team matches. Maybe they could adopt the Tennessee Copperheads name that was originally rumored for the Titans before they became the Titans. And with no MLB there, they would be the only act in town during summer.

A team in Orlando could theoretically play at Bright House Networks Stadium. It has a 40k capacity, a bit big for MLS, but it's not like playing in a huge NFL stadium.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

A team in Orlando could theoretically play at Bright House Networks Stadium. It has a 40k capacity, a bit big for MLS, but it's not like playing in a huge NFL stadium.

From personal experience & viewing from an overhead image, I'm not sure UCF's Bright House Stadium can fit a regulation MLS soccer field. The sidelines seem too narrow in comparison to the soccer friendly Citrus Bowl.

From personal experience & viewing from an overhead image, I'm not sure UCF's Bright House Stadium can fit a regulation MLS soccer field. The sidelines seem too narrow in comparison to the soccer friendly Citrus Bowl.

Only downside with the Citrus Bowl is that its a dump.

I think it could be okay for a couple of years but you would need to find a replacement facility very quickly. I don't see a team moving to the Citrus Bowl without also having a new facility plan ready to go.

As opposed to Bright House Stadium, which was likely not even built to code?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

By comparison I'd say so. Haven't been to either one, but I haven't heard one person who said the Citrus Bowl wasn't one of if not the worst stadium of that size they'd ever been to.

At least with BrightHouse they have planned renovations. I know they do with the Citrus Bowl as well, but so far nothing much has been done, and I can't see them ever doing much considering how little the stadium gets used.

By comparison I'd say so. Haven't been to either one, but I haven't heard one person who said the Citrus Bowl wasn't one of if not the worst stadium of that size they'd ever been to.

At least with BrightHouse they have planned renovations. I know they do with the Citrus Bowl as well, but so far nothing much has been done, and I can't see them ever doing much considering how little the stadium gets used.

The financing for the Citrus Bowl (and new performing arts center) are contingent on tourist tax dollars. Both plans are "on hold" because the city and county are not getting the projected tax dollars when the agreement to build both as well as Amway Center was approved. When the dollars are there, the PAC will take priority.

The financing for the Citrus Bowl (and new performing arts center) are contingent on tourist tax dollars. Both plans are "on hold" because the city and county are not getting the projected tax dollars when the agreement to build both as well as Amway Center was approved. When the dollars are there, the PAC will take priority.

I've read a little bit about the project. I wouldn't hold my breath on it getting done anytime soon. Anytime a project like that gets delayed for that long its hard to say if it will ever get done.

I don't want a sports venue anywhere near where I live.

Out of curiosity. why not?

The obvious answer is "I don't want Atlanta rush-hour traffic anywhere near my house.".

I also don't want sports-dependent businesses (bars, restaurants, etc.) popping up near me and sitting desolate when games aren't going on. Areas near sports venues also tend to bring about lowlifes.

Archived