Urban Meyer to coach Buckeyes?

TBGKon

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumors are floating around the Urban Meyer is asking for up to 8 Academic Exceptions per year for the football team. I'm not sure what the norm/average is around the country, but as a point of reference, Jim Tressel was granted 2 per year.

On a lighter note, when it comes to the Press Conference, what is the over under on the first Woody Hayes reference?

If Ohio State gives him 8 academic exceptions while on probation already it will be just go further into making the NCAA an utter complete joke.

Um, due to HS grade inflation, the NCAA got rid of minimum admission standards via GPA and standardize test scores in 2003.

It is up to the individual institution's admissions department "to make the call" using a sliding scale of GPA, core classes, and standardize test(s) since there no longer is a Freshman minimum eligibility standards.

Meyer is asking for that many since he cannot "oversign" as easily in the B1G.

As a Gator fan and UF student (both alum and current grad student), I can assure you that in Gainesville, there was no notion that there is a rivalry between UF and OSU. The attitude towards Meyer going to OSU would've been the same attitude (maybe even worse) if he had went somewhere else. What I don't like is that when he came back after leaving the first time he assured us that he had so much love for UF that he would consider it a travesty if he coached for another school. I understand that he is entitled to change his mind about it, but just one time, I'd like to hear him publicly acknowledge that he made that statement and that he understands that he's acting against it.

On a side note, it seems as if UF and OSU are projected to play each other in the Gator Bowl. If that happens, things should get really interesting.

On a side note, it seems as if UF and OSU are projected to play each other in the Gator Bowl. If that happens, things should get really interesting.

As interesting as a game between two pretty lousy teams can be anyway. B)

I bet ESPN will try and hype it up to make it as exciting as the National Championship game.

(k, maybe a little bit of exaggeration there)

Archived