United States 12/14 Home Shirt Leaked

carlosgg6

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so I think they are good, but I just wonder why the need new uniforms for qualifying. I like them, but think they should just change their uniforms every world cup.

I'm sure nike would want to stick with changing every 2 years more opportunity to sell more product.... Heck ManUtd has had a new shirt every year for the last three (I think)

Sash plus hoops is too much IMO. And are those sequence or glitter? What in the world is up with that?

If they want to mimic the flag (with the hoops) why not just go all the way with that idea:

USA4a.png

USA6.png

There is the whole US Code which addresses this too, athletic uniforms specifically.

36 USC 10 subsection 176(j) " No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."

edited to fix code number

If you read and follow the Flag Code, even the Flag patches on sport uniforms is technically a violation of Federal law. Granted, it is a toothless law, in that there is no enforcement on it, but it is there none the less.

Sash plus hoops is too much IMO. And are those sequence or glitter? What in the world is up with that?

Not sequins, not glitter. They're ventilation holes.

If they want to mimic the flag (with the hoops) why not just go all the way with that idea:

USA4a.png

USA6.png

This is a soccer match, not a Toby Keith concert.

Feel free to add PoTD Nov 20, 2011 to your running list in your sig. Solid stuff.

I couldn't agree any more. That is hilarious, LMFAO!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I really just wish Nike/USSF would pick something and stick to it.

This is an exciting time for U.S. Soccer right now (on both the mens' and womens' side); now might be the best time to pick a solid identity and let it build, while the rest of the world now knows the U.S. is a force to be reckoned with internationally, and let it grow. If the quality of play continues to improve, and the U.S. can somehow get itself up into that upper tier, maybe by the time most of us have grandkids, the U.S. on-field look will have taken on a life of its own a la an Argentina or the like.

But for that to happen, they need to really sit down and take a good long look at their on-field identity. Think super-long term. Utilize the mindset the Blue Jays just did with their rebrand. And while they're at it, commission a new crest and get that (incorrectly colored but also) elementary-looking crest off the national shirts and away from the Federation once and for all.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Crest aside, this is my favorite look:

usa%20soccer%20jersey%20nsh.jpg

I wish I could find one for sale...

I agree with this. I love the red/blue stripe, though I wouldn't mind seeing a small strip of white separating the two.

As for finding one, I'm sure there are plenty on eBay; I'm pretty sure that's where I got mine.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

haha fair point... I guess I'm imagining a faint sublimation for the flag elements, not solid red white and blue. It wouldn't be any more tacky than all the other sublimated designs out there for soccer, basketball, etc.

It bugs me so much that the U.S. refuses to just pick an identity and stick to it. No other country has a problem with this.

This, of course, is BS, but everyone likes to say it.

Example: Mexico's always had the exact same treatments in their shirts, like the white "chevron"?

POTD 2013-08-22

It bugs me so much that the U.S. refuses to just pick an identity and stick to it. No other country has a problem with this.

This, of course, is BS, but everyone likes to say it.

Example: Mexico's always had the exact same treatments in their shirts, like the white "chevron"?

Not really comparable -- the chevron was simply a design element, not the identifying part of the set.

A more proper comparison would be if Mexico went from the tricolor, to all-green, to red shirts, to green and white hoops, etc.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The US has been using white-navy-white (or white-white-white) as a primary for a while now. As for the aways/change/alts/whatever, they've changed as much as other countries' have.

Case in point: the Netherlands. (USA at same site)

POTD 2013-08-22

USA4a.png

USA6.png

10zsqbl.jpg

PoTD.

I'm gonna use my 5 posts for the year to second that

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

Not gonna lie, my favorites ever were the whites, with the slightly darker hoops. Those were great. The sash is my #2.

Pearce_USMNT.jpg

If these have navy shorts and socks then it should look good. It is just like a lot of teams, and not really that unique, I guess you can say.

I like this one too, not as much as the one I posted, but I do like it. I wold like the red sash on white if it existed. It has a sort of nostalgic, classic look to it. It makes me think of old Olympics teams or something. I think it would really work as a jersey; the sublimated sash just makes no sense. Go big or go home.

And I hate calling them "hoops," I get it, but I hate it. I'm going to cal them horizontal stripes. It takes more time to type, but hoops sounds so weird when I read it.

@Mockba, I think there's a difference between a consistent color set and a "look." Netherlands has both, they're orange as a color, but it's also uniquely Dutch. Like Brazil's yellow, Argentina's stripes, Croatia's checks, or France's epic collapses. You look at those jerseys and immediately recognize who they are. You can't do that for USA, you see blue over white and it could be anyone.

Grunge-Logos.png

Archived