Expansion Teams in all 4 major leagues

RoughRiders9

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9551421147d73213315423d548b40520.png

Good set-up, except...

• I'd rename the Iowa Barnstormers, the Iowa Aces, therefore avoiding confusion with the Arena Football team of the same name.
  • I'd also have them swap conferences with the Canton Bulldogs, putting Iowa in the AFC North and Canton in the NFC North.
  • I'd move the Bulldogs from Canton to Columbus.

YOZXkBG.png?1

NBA-

Virginia Admirals

Seattle Supersonics

Las Vegas Aces

NHL- call me crazy, but I always thought Alabama would be a good spot for NHL hockey. I have relatives down there and they say the people love their hockey. I think it's a southern market that may actually work.

Birmingham Channel Cats

San Francisco Seals

Quebec Nordiques

MLB-

Portland Pioneers

NFL-

Los Angeles Cobras

sig.png

ALL by 1/3/2027

NFL

- San Antonio Defenders

- St. Louis Stalions (Rams moved back to L.A in 2016)

- San Diego Lobos (Chargers moved back to L.A. in 2017)

- Chicago Bosses

- Toronto Mounties

- Louisville Boxers

NBA

- Seattle Supersonics

- Fort Worth Bandits

- California Condors [sacramento] (Kings move temporarily to Anaheim in 2013, then to Las Vegas in 2015)

- Baltimore Bullets

(New Orleans is moved to St. Louis in 2013 to become the Missouri Hornets )

MLB

- Carolina Cougars

- San Antonio Lone Stars

NHL

- Hartford Whalers

- Houston Aeros

(Phoenix moves to Quebec in 2014 to become the Quebec Nordiques)

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Sorry guys, but the recents posts has been commented on the "old" realignments that I made a while back. Here's the newer ones that I've worked on in the past few days.....

de8b4eae7bdcf9295d67afdc8c0259fc.png?1325622211

2124063129a96f75fa2e5d463e30ee9e.png?1325622281

1ad36ca3539cbbe0796f9860b59fb7f9.png?1325622795

33550ddc38495d5f6176ecc40872e904.png?1325622352

I've thought about going with a 8-team, 5-divisions route for the NHL....If you have ideas on how to realign for that, please say so.

Thanks!!

Still need a team name for the NBA team from Iowa.

IowaOaks.png

Here's a few tweaks to the NBA realignment. I think it make much more sense now Houston is in the same division with the other two Texas teams, and Charlotte being in the Southeast instead of the East Central Divison (renamed Midwest) and a few little other things.

2f29214478f6a0ab400fbd90a9a06c84.png?1325914161

And I decided to go with the 5-Conference, 8-Team route for the NHL.

788d458702dac66d9f75a53e9fd949c6.png?1325914184

The playoffs would work like this:

20-team playoff, one-sided bracket.

Division winners get an "auto-bid" to the playoffs, grabbing seeds #1-5. Then the next 15 teams with the best record will be in the playoffs. Bottom 8 plays in a "best-of-three play-in" round to advance to the "Sweet 16" and then the playoff proceeds as normal from there.

IowaOaks.png

• 7 months later...

Hey everybody.

I know I was in the middle of this project a while back, in the spring/winter and have put this off for a while until recently.

In the last few days, after hearing some more news about the Astros moving to the AL West and it got me thinking about this project and my baseball realignment.

So it got me working on my expansion teams and evening giving them their own minor league teams.

And I noticed that I've expanded a few new teams in cities that already have minor league teams, such as Iowa, San Antonio, Salt Lake, etc.. (AAA, AA teams).

It got me thinking....what would happen to the minor league teams that is already in the city? It's "quite" difficult in the upper leagues (AAA, AA) because it's sort of hard to find "large" cities for them. It get easier once you get to the lower levels. You can just simply add a new city, that's it.

So how would it work? What would happen to the minor league team in a city that has been awarded an expansion team? Do I just leave them there in the same city, or do I move them somewhere else? If we left the minor league team there, how would the scheduling work? How would the city react by having a MLB and AAA team in the same cities, but they aren't affiliated with each other? Etc..? Etc...?

I would appreciate your input! Thanks! :-)

note* - let's just put aside all that "things" that won't make expansion work at all (watering down the talent, not enough money in these cities, etc etc). Let's call me the "king of north america" and that will be it.

Just my two cents, but Omaha is quite the hockey town. Aside from Cornhusker football and the College World Series, Nebraska is also host to a number of minor league hockey teams (including Council Bluffs, Iowa - just across the river). Plus, the University of Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks typically field (or, umm... ice?) quite the hockey squad.

Hockey's probably not as popular as baseball, and certainly not as popular as football - but it's definitely a close 3rd, IMO. It helps that the Huskers are in Lincoln, too.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 6 months later...

Here is another idea

NHL

West

Northern Division Northwest Division Pacific Division Southwest Division

Calgary Flames Seattle Metros* San Jose Sharks Albuquerque Road Runners*

Edmonton Oilers Portland Eagles* Los Angeles Kings Dallas Stars

Milwaukee Stags* Vancouver Canucks Anaheim Ducks Houston Aeros*

Detroit Red Wings Colorado Avalanche San Diego Mariners* St. Louis Blues

Chicago Black hawks Minnesota Wild Phoenix Coyetes Omaha Forks*

EastCentral Divs

npo_logo.png

• 5 months later...

MLB:

1. Edmonton Prospects

2. San Antonio Matadors

3. Memphis Pharaohs

4. Carolina Breakers

NFL:

1. Hawaii Volcanoes

2. Los Angeles Mammoths

3. Omaha Pioneers

4. Birmingham Magicians

NBA:

1. Seattle Supersonics

2. Las Vegas Jokers

3. Kentucky Colonels

4. Montreal Royals

NHL:

1. Seattle Emeralds

2. Las Vegas Blackjacks

3. Hamilton Scourge

4. Halifax Explosion

I'm very surprised this hasn't been brought up yet but what about Mexico City for the NFL? The third-largest city in the world, a gigantic NFL-ready stadium with Estadio Azteca (hell, call them the Aztecs) that has already proven that it can fill over 103,000 for a single game, and an entry into the lucrative Mexican television market.

GR30a5H.png

Archived