Classic / Keep it / Tweek it / Lose it (NCAA edition)

29texan

Boy, I sure agree about the St. Cloud State logo and how they should lose it. I never did like it. It's an awful logo and a horrible way to copy the Montreal Canadiens' logo.

What, a team named the St. Cloud State Huskies can't come up with an original logo?

Let's see:

Classic

NotreDame_Logo1.gif

Even though you won't find this beauty on the helmet, the "ND" logo is pretty classy.

Keep it

lsu_logo.jpg

According to what I have heard, not everybody in Tigerland likes this upgrade, but compared to what's currently on the helmet, it's a good moderized look.

Tweak it

memphis_logo.gif

The tiger from my birthplace's major university needs an overhaul.

Lose it

Army-logo.jpg

Bring back the bucking mule.

SEC Edition

Classic

Texas%20A&M%20logo.gif

Keep it (most success in history under this logo, keep it)

lsu-tigers-logo1.jpg

Tweak it (make it less detailed, slap the current G on the cap and make it a primary. Keep current G as helmet logo)

LOGOS-2.jpg

Lose it

powerT.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1284090763526

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Tweak it:

f59mntuxy6z31v0gapgueoy.gif

The drum and feathers is beloved by many Utah fans, and should never leave. However, the feathers are quite sloppy. I would totally welcome a modernized, updated version.

I believe the University is gradually going away from this logo in athletics. I'm not sure why? I think the Indian imagery has something to do with it?? But, the University in general has been moving towards the block U logo. I'm not opposed to it. Dropping the drum n' feather logo wouldn't be a complete loss.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Classic:

50271_126787113700_5932531_n.jpg

Best logo in the B1G, a conference with lots of really good classic logos. Now if only the conference logo itself could keep up with the high standard...

Keep it:

10745.jpg

UM is trying to phase out this logo along with the "M" with the state flag banner. I have no idea why.

Tweak it:

ace-purple-classic.jpg

Evansville has one of the coolest mascots in D-1, yet they have pretty much phased him out of their identity. What they have now makes me ask "what the hell is a purple ace?" Some teams can pull off the wordmark-as-primary set; Evansville is not one of them.

Lose it:

TG32158-thum.jpg

Same problem as Evansville, except it's more obnoxious to look at than Evansville's current primary. It's like they weren't even trying. Rudy (their mascot) needs to be featured somewhere in their identity. Anywhere.

rudy2.jpg

As it is now Dayton has one of the worst sets in D-1 (Mississippi Valley State and Bethune-Cookman nonwithstanding).

Classic it

ND.png

It's the NCAA's equivalent to the Yankee's NY or the Canadiens' CH.

Keep it

UO.png

It's certainly impressive that Oregon's been able to make their relatively recent O logo as iconic as it is. If they keep it around it'll be a classic one day. Just not yet ;)

Tweak it

LSU.png

I don't mind the electrical tape letters. That tiger head needed an update ten years ago though.

Lose it

USF.png

Miami made "The U" work as a concept. USF? Not so much.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived