The MLS Impact jersey presentation: dec 1st

bleuet

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst logo ever...

Archer???? BAD font choice for a sports team.

MTL_Impact.png

Do the four stars, and five blue stripes mean anything?

The 4 stars are for the early settlers of Montreal (English, French, Scottish, Irish) The Black & Blue are a salute to their first championship jersey.

baltimoreravens.png

Thanks rvrdgsfn that explains it all.

I don't like the lis being two different colours tho, yeh it's shaded by why is nothing else.

Also they could have gone with the Magpies kits unless that will be thier alt kits. This was my CPL away kit but similar to this you get the idea.

EdmontonCACaway2.png

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

On a big scale, like on a computer screen or on TV, the two tone lys is not awesome. I suppose it will look better on a small scale, like on a jersey.

The font is not the best, but I can live with it.

Some say its not original to choose blue, but since its foundation almost 20 years ago, this team had blue on its jerseys/logo and it was a no brainer to keep the blue.

Yes.

So FC Toronto againts MTL will be funny to watch because all the players will have BMO on their jerseys :-o

Yeah. It's rare, but it's happened before, but usually between bitter rivals. If a company was too sponsor just one of the teams in the rivalry, the company would literally lose half of it's business. For example, Tennent's and Carling for the Old Firm between Celtic and Rangers in the Scottish Premier League.

Old-Firm-001.jpg

Rangers-v-Celtic-Scott-Brown-El-Hadji-Diouf_2559514.jpg

spacer.png

Yes.

So FC Toronto againts MTL will be funny to watch because all the players will have BMO on their jerseys :-o

I notice something on the MLS team websites. It seems that all the websites (I didn't check all of them but a lot of them) say they are "presented by" some sponsor and it seems in all cases it is the sponsor that is listed on the jerseys. The thing I notice is that it says BMO on the Impact website but not on the TorontoFC website. It now says KIA is the sponsor for the TFC. I wonder if that is what will be on their jersey this next year? Anyone have any inside info?

Yes.

I notice something on the MLS team websites. It seems that all the websites (I didn't check all of them but a lot of them) say they are "presented by" some sponsor and it seems in all cases it is the sponsor that is listed on the jerseys. The thing I notice is that it says BMO on the Impact website but not on the TorontoFC website. It now says KIA is the sponsor for the TFC. I wonder if that is what will be on their jersey this next year? Anyone have any inside info?

BMO extended their kit sponsorship from the original 4 year deal (signed in 2007) to an 8 year deal, so 2015 should be the last year of that deal assuming there is no further extensions.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The fact that they put 4 stars on their logo is beyond belief. Stars in soccer are and should only be used to mark championships. This 4 founding nations concept is too far fetched. If they wanted to include that in the logo, why not use the fleur-de-lys, rose, thistle and shamrock like on the Montreal flag? I hope for them that it doesn't become a curse...

The new motto is also a bit dubious. They never had one during their USL years, so why make one up out of the blue for the MLS?

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

Also, do you think that they will make an exception to the rule that every MLS club wears the flag of their country on the sleeve? From the teaser website you can see that there is a fleur-de-lys embroidered somewhere on the jersey. I wouldn't be surprised to NOT see a Canadian flag on their jersey when it's unveiled.

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

Archived